rF2 Indycar @ Michigan Oval - Monday 11th March 2024

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Indycar IR18.jpg

We head back to an Oval for the first time in a few months, so buckle up because it's a quick one! We take the Indycars to a track we have raced NASCARs on before, and this one is a doozy! One of the fastest tracks in Indycar history, who can tame the tarmac?

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SSM
Car(s):
  • Indycar Dallara IR18 - [DLC]
    • Oval Configuration, Oval Track Restriction
Track: Michigan International Speedway - [STEAM]
Layout: Michigan 500
Air Temperature: 22°C
Fixed Setups: No
Start Type: Formation/Rolling
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Sunny
ABS/TC: Low
Gimmicks: Full Course Cautions, Refuelling
1709590143599.png

Schedule: (EU) Monday 11th March 2024
Practice: 19:00 GMT (75 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-Up: 20:25 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 20:30 GMT (90 Laps)

Time Zone converter
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged! Show off your Photoshop (or Google) skills and turn up with a unique car colour that we will all know is you on track!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.

DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. Lesley Buurlage
  3. Kresh
  4. Michel vL
  5. Craig Dunkley
  6. Steve Le Gallez
  7. Bob Luneski*
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP

Last edited:
Attached is a setup for this track. It is incredibly quick (360kph top speed, reaching up to 374kph in the slipstream!) and stable. The track is easy flat through both banked turns in all lanes and even when in slipstream or side-by-side. Go out there, try and get on the server with someone else and do plenty of practice laps and you'll be fine. If we all use this setup we will have an exceptionally good race.

Attachments

• X Indy.svm
    5.2 KB · Views: 27
I've got a gpvwc race next Monday I'm afraid. They are every other week, so I'll have to skip this one. But I'll be up for the following Monday.
I've never done any oval stuff anyway!

Let's have a nice full grid. Please come along and enjoy an excellent evening of wheel-to-wheel action. If you have never raced on an Oval, this is the time to try it out.

@Michael Rudolf @Lesley Buurlage @Jan Larsen @eN1xes @G-Slev @H_Belane @Smidgey @ThreeLionz @David Steinacher @RockRacing77 @Steve Le Gallez @Kamran Khan @Michel vL @Ingemar Petersson @Jasje @Chucky61 @Redvaliant @Ross McGregor @Oliver Bunz

And to the Formula Racing League racers, if you wish to get a taste of what Club racing on race Department is like, come along and have some fun!

@asiebel @Michi Hoyer @Dennis Jordan @Jernej Simončič @Brillekas @D Mroczek @Jesper Pedersen @SideEffectMKD @Luca (OverTake) @Rouven Meschede @Lukeyy94 @soulfaster

+1 sort of. I have had several setbacks in my recovery. This will actually be the 1st time I've raced since October. Practice today, will join practice tomorrow. That's probably all I should 1st time out.

Here is the video of the last 11 laps! Incredible racing from everyone involved, and a four-wide finish to top it all off!
Sadly Lesley's fantastic Red Bull livery doesn't show up in the replay, but his racing skill and antics are just as visible. Thank you again to everyone who raced tonight and well done for keeping it so clean all through! 90 Laps with only one yellow flag, that being a single car incident too, with such an intense battle for the lead was awesome and hopefully this video can galvanise a few more people to join us!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.