F2002 Revisited

Cars F2002 Revisited 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Bobby Deacs submitted a new resource:

F2002 Revisited - F2002 revamped physics to 2020 standards

Installation instructions: Copy and paste the content folder into the game’s root folder (Steamapps\common\assettocorsa). If you already have the original car installed, take the option to replace all existing files.

We decided to revert to our roots at Flag-to-Flag and go back to a more accessible car and the F2002 in its originally form was our most successful car back in the day. Time has been surprisingly kind to it over the years, but it still needed a lick of paint to get it...

Read more about this resource...

I've been watching a lot of early 00s F1 races on YouTube in lockdown, so this revamped car is good timing for me. It's a great drive too; been driving a lot of the hybrids lately and this is a reminder that the good old days were better!

It's a great car and just the right amount of forgiving and challenging. Finding something with this amount of power that you can genuinely push during the race is a lot of fun.

Have to agree. The fact this car allows you to save a slide makes it so much fun to drive. Its not impossible to bin it, but at least SOME of the time you can pull it back from the brink. I do love the hybrid era cars, but it’s been fun not ending up in the wall for each and every tiny mistake.

Bobby Deacs updated F2002 Revisited with a new update entry:

F2002 Revisited - revised physics

In preparation for a new autumn league consisting of several Ferraris from 1997 to 2017, I modified the F2002 to fit in with the other cars in terms of correct pace, tyre wear etc. The project was quite long (many months), so I don't remember everything I did in detail. What I will say is that it is possibly a little bit slower now and a definitely a bit less "arcadey" and a bit more "sim", but not harder to drive. In particular, the light rear (a characteristic of all early mods, even this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea