F2 Driver Ferrucci Banned for Deliberate Contact

Yes, of course. Rage justifies anything. Doesn't matter if I can't keep my head cool inside a multi million dollar machine and feel like hitting somebody intentionally under a ****ing safety car, it was just a moment of rage.
Who justified nothing? Control yourself first.
I just said that its not fair comparing these two behaviours like people are doing because are completely different things.

To add to Trident's turbulent weekend, this has emerged on the interwebs....
erpR8hg.jpg

lol, is this for real?!

With the way he's carrying on I'm amazed he even started the season! lol.

As mentioned above though, US drivers in European open wheelers are pretty rare so not only has he destroyed his own career he's also tarnished other American drivers as well.

With regards to money, I doubt that even billions would save you from this. You've attacked your team mate both privately and publicly, ridiculed the team and generally made a complete twit out of yourself.

Seriously, that's all? I dont mean that to cover for him, I just expected more. If you're going to throw away your career, might as well do something more spectacular.
I actually don't mind after the race rubbin' to express your displeasure. But don't take out the wings... Duh. Do it like Vettel.
And for the FIA to allow Vettel to do anything he wants but now try to drop the hammer is not only hypocritical, but just shows how in the bag the FIA is for Ferrari.
But the texting... Really?! Texting while in a race car. Eff off. Get out of here, go back to Connecticut and be an idiot driver on the road. Another rich little brat with no spot in sport.

I hate to say it but this just makes me think of Vettel and the absurdly minor penalty he was given.
I was the same....I was thinking of...."He brake checked me" and then I hit him on purpose BS and just got a slap on the wrist. Although this was deliberate as all get out. This team rivalry has been going on since day one, but this action and the cell phone/no glove whilst driving in the pits is just one big "Nice knowing you" maneuver. Alexander Rossi please come back!!

Who justified nothing? Control yourself first.
I just said that its not fair comparing these two behaviours like people are doing because are completely different things.
You said the situations aren't comparable, I said they are. Vettel only did it once, while ferrucci apparently did it repeatedly, so I won't say Vettel was as bad, but the situations are definitely comparable.

Ferrucci had apparently been antagonizing Maini at earlier rounds this year, but this time it was bigger and got more attention
Rumours are that some of the unprofessional conduct mentioned by the team included Ferrucci and his father mocking Maini this weekend by talking in Indian accents in the team garage
Ferrucci ran Maini off the track (and let others past in the process) in the race on Saturday. See this video starting around 4:02
He then did it again in Sunday's race, and then also hit him during the cool-down lap

Wow

edit: and I forgot about the texting while driving, and ignoring the steward's summons in my little summary. Add it all up and it looks like someone has gone off the deep end of self-absorption or is completely self-destructing due to some pressure or issue he can't handle.

Last edited:
I hope that he loses his ride, and we have seen the last of him in any major series. He seems like a real hot head, and he for sure has terrible judgement. Drivers in these lower formulas should remember that they are basically auditioning for a seat in F1, or IndyCar, or any other major series. This kind of petty crap just makes you look foolish. If I was a team owner, or manager, why would I want to hire this kid after this?
As far as Vettel goes, when has a racing superstar with WDC wins ever gotten punished very hard for acting like an idiot? I remember Schumacher parking his car in Le Rascasse at Monaco, to stop qualifying and all he got was sent to the back of the grid. I'm not saying its right, I'm only saying superstar drivers live by a different set of rules. Not fair maybe, but that's the world we live in.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%