F2 Driver Ferrucci Banned for Deliberate Contact

What an utter nob. There's absolutely no place for this kind of idiocy in motor racing, a sport which can be dangerous enough already without people deliberately hitting each other when they have a tantrum. The ban should be much longer and the team would be entirely right to get rid of him.

And for the record, yes, I think Vettel should have gotten exactly the same. But hey, when it's a very rich man driving for a very prestigious team, the usual rules never apply. :rolleyes:

:whistling:

vettel-hamilton-crash-baku-orig-171013.png

Now, to actually contribute to the conversation, I went on Youtube and looked this guy up. The first 10 or so videos say all that needs to be said. There's no place in motorsport for unsportsmanlike crap like that. The ban is warranted.

It certainly is, I feel like the stewards in Silverstone were on point. Firstly with the Raikkonen penalty, this was too harsh compared to what Vettel got in France but is about right for what happened. The same thing here. The penalty Vettel got in Baku was way way to lenient, the stewards didn't want to interfere in the championship by giving a harsher penalty but did by not giving a fair penalty. This, I feel like, is the penalty he should have been given.

It is just dangerous and should be punished accordingly, the decisions should be taken by just looking at the incident whatever results from it results from it.

Seriously, that's all? I dont mean that to cover for him, I just expected more. If you're going to throw away your career, might as well do something more spectacular.

Do your research before you make claims like that. Ferucci hit his team mate 3 times over the race weekend. All on purpose.

Last edited:
You cant compare the Vettel Baku incident with this Ferrucci incident killing spree guys.

Ferrucci
Firstly, following his contact with Arjun Maini on the cooldown lap of the race, it was determined that Ferrucci deliberately drove into the rear of his teammate - breaching the Sporting Regulations. After the stewards had heard testimony from the team that this was a premeditated incident, Ferrucci was summoned to the hearing but declined to attend. As a consequence, the American driver has been suspended from the next two FIA Formula 2 Championship rounds - meaning he will not be permitted to participate in both Budapest and Spa-Francorchamps - and has also been given a fine of €60,000.

In another incident with his teammate, Ferrucci was found to have deliberately forced Maini off of the road at Turn 4 after the Indian driver proceeded to make a pass for position. Once again, Ferrucci declined to attend the hearing, and has been disqualified from the results of the Sprint Race.

Having also been observed transitioning from the support paddock to the race pitlane wearing just one glove and holding a phone in his hand by a Technical Delegate, Ferrucci also violated both the Technical and Sporting Regulations for incorrect driver safety equipment and the prohibition of wireless transmission devices within the car. For these transgressions, he has earned a further €6000 in fines.

Lastly, it was determined that Luca Ghiotto had failed to maintain the minimum delta time at the end of the virtual safety car period, and has been granted a five-second time penalty in the Sprint Race.
If you compare this to what Vettel did in a rage moment at Baku i dont understand honestly, its not the same.
Did Vettel make somebody go off the track, declined to attend FIA stewards, used his phone with only 1 glove on the car, and also declined to attend the stewards a second time?

That this happened was a kind of 'boil point' of a rivalry within the team. The action itself is not so smart and therefor the penalty.

But what surprised me even more is that this 'mud-fight' continues after the race on social media, also involvement of Ferrucci family members.

I am gonna make this brief, he deserved a ban for the double attack on his teammate that is clearly UNACCEPTABLE behaviour I would have him kicked out of motor racing for good and I would cut ALL TIES with him...

That this happened was a kind of 'boil point' of a rivalry within the team. The action itself is not so smart and therefor the penalty.

But what surprised me even more is that this 'mud-fight' continues after the race on social media, also involvement of Ferrucci family members.

Also i don't know what is the point of deleting those tweets as all the media have shown it to the world ! i think only my 90 years old grandpa didn't see those tweets yet :D

the one i didn't like was the one he retweeted and then pined/embed it to his page
screen516.jpg

i will be happy if he fired and won't represent USA at formula 2 or any kind of racing

This punishment, and the Hartley crash, reinforces my view that Vettel should have been banned for deliberately driving into Hamilton at Baku. The cars are subject to extreme forces at high speeds - any weakness caused by even the lightest of contacts could be catastrophic.

Also i don't know what is the point of deleting those tweets as all the media have shown it to the world ! i think only my 90 years old grandpa didn't see those tweets yet :D

the one i didn't like was the one he retweeted and then pined/embed it to his page
View attachment 259123
i will be happy if he fired and won't represent USA at formula 2 or any kind of racing
Did he really re-tweet that...thinking somehow it bolsters his action?
I view it as extreme arrogance and if I were the team owner seeing that, he be out of the 'drive' immediately.

He should have got the electric chair for taking off the glove , next they will have a penalty for peeing in your car seat for creating a dangerous situation——— bring back the old day when you could fist fight after the race :)

Last edited:
You cant compare the Vettel Baku incident with this Ferrucci incident killing spree guys.

Ferrucci

If you compare this to what Vettel did in a rage moment at Baku i dont understand honestly, its not the same.
Did Vettel make somebody go off the track, declined to attend FIA stewards, used his phone with only 1 glove on the car, and also declined to attend the stewards a second time?
Yes, of course. Rage justifies anything. Doesn't matter if I can't keep my head cool inside a multi million dollar machine and feel like hitting somebody intentionally under a ****ing safety car, it was just a moment of rage.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back