AC F1 Sundays: F-Renault 3.5 @ Silverstone GP - Sunday, August 16th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Matheus Machado , I've take a look at our incident, and I must say that on this one, it's more like a race incident, and if we must find a guilty one, it should be me... my car was wrecked, and I definitly didn't realized the 'sandwich situation' in wich you were. A tiny (I mean really tiny move on my wheel) and we were screwed. Plus, I couldn't countain a F word of wich I'm really not proud of. :redface:
Don't step back, keep racing like you do! Sh*/# happens, but really less often than great fights. ;)

Let's learn from this one! I can't wait for the next F1 sunday event.

@Lorenzo Bonder , Thx for keeping alive our sundays racing. I'm sure that the next one will be a blast.

Thx everybody, what a great feeling to have a full grid.
My pants was too tied seeing my qualy time.
Will post my setup and a YT video of a quick lap later.

Cheers.

Well guys you said it all. A very cahotic race that's for sure. It had everyting in it to be. Unfortunately, everything that could have gone wrong... did go wrong. However, in the end, we all must continue and keep learning to race and to organize in order to get the races flowing in the future. I understand everyone's reaction, some are pissed, some are happy, some don't really care. Remember, these forums and the teamspeak are our tools. After such a race, I think we all have something to say. Keep it constructive and communicate. No one should give up, and eventually we'll race a full grid race like a charm.

I have to mention that @Lorenzo Bonder's task was particularly hard today, and I think you did pretty good overall mate. As I said, we're all learning. I hope to see many of you guys in future races! :)

I must say that seeing some of these lap times is starting to concern me. 42's wow. I know i was in no way prepared with a stout setup today. And Im no youngin any more but i can drive if I have the car right. So after my quick exit and race had finished i read that someone felt embarrassed for running in the 47s.

Well I was running in the 50s. Now I never expect to run up front with the times i see. But i do expect to run about 5's or less of the leaders. Not 10+sec.......So any way i see Dixon put a setup to try and I'll tell you that is one of the best setups i may have ever driven. The car is hooked up.

So i take it back to Silverstone and laid out some laps. Some of the best dam laps i may have ever driven.....you know when you really feel like you got it and your part of the car.......well 50 flats and a 49 in there on one lap.......really? How in the hell are drivers laying out 42's with no kers or DRS in this car??

Dont know if Im bitching or crying or just flat scared that its a pointless venture.

So, as promised, I goes back to the track to put a clean lap.
I made a 1:41.187. Of course the track was on otpimal condition ( 26°, clear, 100% track grip).
There still some tenth to found. :whistling: A bit tired :p.

Here is the REPLAY FILE, so that you can analyse it in any seams.
(to put in C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Assetto Corsa\replay).

And my quali setup down there, Highly inspired by the work of Chris Stacey.
For the race, I was running 3 click more on tire pressure, to not overheating them too much.

On a side note, I could prevent myself to sneak a look at the way @Jordan Dixon was building his times, and I must say that you had a really different way to handle it. But in the end, the times were close!
(if you have the time to post a fast lap, for comparison?)
So there's not only one way to do it.

I hope it will give some inspiration for the ones who needs it.

FFB1.JPG

FFB2.JPG

Sorry for my French :cautious::).

Attachments

• F3.5_Silverstone_GeTa.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 180
thx for all the replay files boys! I will throw up a quick event for tomorrow night in the morning as I finally have a day off!!!!!

YIPEEE

without watching the replay file tho I can see from the comments that the safety car has caused some issues! I have done this for many weeks and I know it works, yet I made a massive mistake in the last race at Zandvoort that I hosted by not picking up the leader.

This was @Lorenzo Bonder's first time and he must be given a little slack here! Everybody MUST be on ts for this to work also. We do not need any extra help from Kunos to able to do this properly.

It CAN work, and it DOES work......if done properly with lots of practice and forward planning!

Well, where to start....

I was prepared for pole to be a high 42. Guess I was wrong. So I tried preparing for 43's.

I looked at some onboards of the leaders (cheeky ctrl + numpad 1) and yeah, either there was some lag for the system, or then everybody was hacking because I was literally not seeing any braking happen :p

So I started 5th I believe, but in total, I had to come late to quali because I didn't have a spot (entirely my fault), and leave early because my wheel disconnected yet again.

I got off to a really good start. Managed the wheel spin pretty well, but I was extremely cautious into the first corner. It seemed that at the front of the field, I wasn't the only one taking it easy which was great to see, and I got through perfectly fine, and actually snatched 3rd place.

Then after that, the guy who was 4th (who I think qualified ahead of me), was keeping close. I struggled a lot under braking but gained tons of time in the corners. I think I had 54 brake bias to try and reduce front locking into the final chicane and the 2nd turn. And then coming into stowe, he went on the outside and I was on the inside, keeping my line, I knew he wasn't going to make the move. The original plan was to still give a car's length on the outside (although it was guaranteed he couldn't take advantage of it, because hey, who's going to go around the outside of stowe), but I completely miscalculated how much I needed to brake considering I was on the inside and not on the racing line. So I pushed wide and on to the curb, not more than I'd need to, but it also wasn't safe, as if there was even the tiniest part of his front wing there, that would have been game over. So, long story short, I thank the car behind me for not keeping on my outside, and I want to say that his spin was caused for such an irrational move from me. My biggest apologies.

Then at one point I was keeping up with Sun since my race pace seemed much better than quali. But after a bit I started to loose some concentration, lost tons of time in the pits selecting which main course I wanted and yeah. Then the rest of the stuff happened :D Which we won't talk about.

Overall, was kind of a total chaos at the end, had some close moments with a few other cars, wasn't fast enough to chase the leaders properly, 11/10, would race again.

After driving behind the safety car early in the race (I believe it was lap 8) my tires got really cold, once the safety car went back in all hell broke loose! Span off pretty hard and had to go to the pits to completely renew my car! After being in pits for one a half minute I got back on track and then someone smashed his car pretty hard into mine! So my concentration was gone totally! I restored my car in pits and left!! Hope you all had a great race! ;)

Crap looks like I missed another fun race. On a positive note, finally got my new setup, so just need to get everything properly calibrated and setup and I'll be ready to join in on the fun.
Keep on tagging mate ;) @Lorenzo Bonder

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back