3.jpg
4.jpg
View attachment 272723
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Hi Guys!

Some years ago I posted this thread:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ferrari-wheel-amalgam-sim-display-simr-f1-project.78303/
The whole project was a success but I had to pack it all up and focus on other things.
Lately I have picked up on where I left off and have been working on an update.

The SIMRACE F1 display has been shoehorned into the Amalgam plastic casing. This took some considerable amount of Dremel work, both on the enclosure and the actual circuit board.

I ditched my Thrustmaster plastic 'QR' for a Lifeline one. Some additional encoders were added for the thumb wheels (this space was always too small to host the SIMRACE encoders, but again, the Dremel came to the rescue.

I'm nearly there. Loads of other minor improvements done - for instance if I push the Radio button the LED next to it lights up :-D, but the next main project is to enable the T500 base to have a Lifeline spline. I have a few ideas how this can be achieved.

I have to stress that I'm working with a model. I did not create this from scratch. I simply modified a commercially available product to suit my needs, having a great time in the workshop sniffing glue, plastic, burning carbon fibre etc.

In the years that have passed F1 teams have moved to TFT screens, but I'm old enough to have developed near sightedness so I couldn't fully enjoy such a little screen at a couple of feet away...

I'm stuck in 2013 :-D

/Jessun

The base unit fixed as well :)
I chopped an inch off the original square tube and then simply hammered the lifeline spline in. It's firmly stuck in there. The wire is an 8 pin so plenty connection options.

/Jessun

2018-10-06 16.31.44.jpg
IMG_20181007_150320.jpg
IMG_20181010_163640.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back