[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey, I thought extended physics include rain physics automatically, looks like it's not the case. I just checked a few cars in my collection and they are missing this line. So, should I paste the extended part into the car.ini file of every single car? Is there a simpler way of enabling rain physics in a batch?
That's what I do car by car, I don't know any other way.

Schmawlik updated F1 Regulations with a new update entry:

v0.7.0-alpha Release

Bug fixes and small optimization pass.
Hopefully this fixes most of the issues you all have been seeing. I even fixed some uncaught bugs here and there. Please let me know if there is anything wrong with this release.

I've been absolutely slammed with my day job for the past month, I should be able to get more updates done for this app now that my time is freeing up.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Schmawlik updated F1 Regulations with a new update entry:

AI Goofiness: An Explanation

Currently I’m using the brake on AI vehicles to “disable” DRS for them. The AI drivers ride at 10% brake when they are in a DRS zone and don’t have DRS available. I have asked to have the ability to disable DRS properly (the way I disable it for the human drivers), and hopefully in a future CSP update I will be able to implement that ability into the script. Until then, there we are stuck with this hack that is not ideal.

Good thing is, online racing should already be functioning as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,
I would like to understand if I have badly installated it, but when racing a quick race it is working fine, my problem is when racing a championship it doesn't work. Has anyone also this trouble in championship ?

Thanks

I can't seem to find car.ini for the VRC car under data folder. Anyone else?

Update: Nevermind, need to do it from the unpack data on CM.

Last edited:
i have tested the app and it works wonderfully, but i noticed if i overtake with open drs i can also open the wing in the following drs zones even though there is no other car nearby am i doing something wrong?

i have tested the app and it works wonderfully, but i noticed if i overtake with open drs i can also open the wing in the following drs zones even though there is no other car nearby am i doing something wrong?
Is this repeatable? I’ll try and see if I can reproduce, but if you can send a video of it happening, that would help me a lot

I think there are tracks where there's only one detection line before two DRS zones, which mean you can pass a car in the first zone, and still use DRS in the second zone.

Hi , the mod seems to work but i noticed a problem:
It seems that in DRS straights AI is on in full throttle (that's normal) however their brakes seems to flicker.

The way i think, is that this mod works by forcing the AI to brake just a little in order for the DRS to close but the problem is that the AI spams it resulting in the AI slowing down in the DRS straights.

I tried in a few circuits like Silverstone, Hungaroring, Australia( the DRS on the second straight does not work by the way) and the ai is about 10km/h off the pace at the end of the DRS straights, that may seems not that much but actually this is huge.

So i don't know how you can fix that but please look into it.

Have an awesome rest of your day !

Is this repeatable? I’ll try and see if I can reproduce, but if you can send a video of it happening, that would help me a lot
next time i make a video my test was on austria on firs drs i could open because of 1 sec. the next 2 drs zones it was possible open drs to but there was no car vor 1 sec. at the next round it was closed

next time i make a video my test was on austria on firs drs i could open because of 1 sec. the next 2 drs zones it was possible open drs to but there was no car vor 1 sec. at the next round it was closed
If you could also copy and paste the text from drs_zones.ini file from the track directory in a response to this thread, that would help me greatly.

Hi , the mod seems to work but i noticed a problem:
It seems that in DRS straights AI is on in full throttle (that's normal) however their brakes seems to flicker.

The way i think, is that this mod works by forcing the AI to brake just a little in order for the DRS to close but the problem is that the AI spams it resulting in the AI slowing down in the DRS straights.

I tried in a few circuits like Silverstone, Hungaroring, Australia( the DRS on the second straight does not work by the way) and the ai is about 10km/h off the pace at the end of the DRS straights, that may seems not that much but actually this is huge.

So i don't know how you can fix that but please look into it.

Have an awesome rest of your day !
This is the issue I am trying to resolve with a bit of hackery that requires a later CSP version than 1.78. What you can do is tweak the drag multiplier in the script.lua file for the DRS wing until the top speeds on the straights line up with what is expected.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back