F1 Radar - F1 23

Misc F1 Radar - F1 23 1.4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
theboat submitted a new resource:

F1 Radar - F1 23 - Provides top down proximity warnings while racing

F1 radar that shows all cars around you with proximity warnings. Works with f1 2023, f1 2022 and f1 2021!

Works in multiplayer and single player!
No modified files! (It uses the udp telemetry data)
Compatible with any other udp telemetry programs
Different car icons
Can be moved anywhere that suits your hud setup

Instructions
  1. F1 will need to be run in borderless window mode!
  2. Set up telemetry - Go to options -> settings -> telemetry settings and set the following...

Read more about this resource...

I had a hard time installing this thing at the beginning, so I'd like to share my experience with you. I hope "theboat" won't mind. This add-on is a must-have, and if you have any knowledge of the behaviour of the AI in the Codemasters F1 series, it really deserves your attention. Its brilliant creator isn't very verbose on the subject, so its installation and configuration isn't obvious 'for dummies' like me. Here's an attempt at an explanation, which I hope will be corrected (or deleted) by the author himself in case of error.

There are two types of program installations, the setup and the update.
The setup is an archive containing a single executable, while the update contains multiple executable files and folders.
The setup is available on racedepartment.com in version 1.3, and the updates are in versions 1.3.2 and 1.4 (currently).
Therefore, the setup should be installed before the update, which may seem obvious, but it's not that straightforward. Basically, for the rest of the instructions, if the downloaded archive does not include the word "setup" in its title, it's an update.
The installation should be done by the setup program in:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\f1-radar

and the configuration files are created in:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\f1-radar

After the installation, you need to copy (and overwrite) the files from version 1.3 with those from the 1.3.2 or 1.4 update into:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\f1-radar\app-1.3.0
I don't know if you need the 1.3.2 or 1.4 update, as I'm unaware of the changes made in version 1.4 (full screen?)

To finish, you need to allow connections through the firewall for the following executables:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\f1-radar\F1 Radar.exe
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\f1-radar\app-1.3.0\F1 Radar.exe
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\f1-radar\Update.exe

That's what I understood, I'm not sure. If you don't do this, or only allow the first executable, the program may launch but won't have the little cogwheel that allows you to modify settings like the port used by f1-radar and potentially forwarding that port to another port for an additional application using telemetry.

If the cogwheel still doesn't appear on the radar window, you can also change the port number used by f1-radar by directly editing the file:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\f1-radar\config.json

To launch the program, you need to run the f1-radar at the top level, which is:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\f1-radar\F1 Radar.exe
If the program is successfully installed, an icon is created on the desktop.

If the radar window doesn't stay visible when launching the game, it means you are in full-screen mode. There are three solutions to fix this:
- Adjust the game's configuration settings to run in windowed mode.
- Force the game to launch in a fullscreen window through your graphics card drivers.
- Use the Alt+Enter key combination in the game to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode.

If you have multiple programs using telemetry, you will need to make some adjustments.
Avoid changing the default port of F1 20XX, which is 20777 (for practical reasons, the entire F1 series is configured with this port).

Here's an example configuration with Simhub, f1-radar, and crewchief.
Simhub retrieves data sent by the game from port 20777, which then needs to be sent to f1-radar. For this, you need to use Simhub's built-in function to redirect the received data from port 20777 to a new port, for example, 20778 for f1-radar.
In f1-radar, configure the listening port as 20778, then redirect the data to port 20779 for crewchief (for example).
In crewchief, in the F1 20xx game properties, set the listening port to 20779. Crewchief is placed last in the redirection chain since I haven't seen an option to redirect the received data to another port.

Here's a video showing this

That should be enough to understand how it works.

Note 1:
If you see the message "A JavaScript error occurred in the main process" when launching f1-radar, it means the port is already being used by another application or another instance of f1-radar is already running. You need to close it or modify the ports and redirections as explained above.

Note 2:
When f1-radar is launched, the square area of the application (the radar) prevents clicking on elements underneath it (even if you click on the eye, the window is invisible but still present). This can be icons on the desktop, buttons in dialog boxes, or a menu in the game that you can't reach unless you move the radar window with the mouse. You can also launch f1-radar at the end by using Alt+Tab, but it needs to be launched before the race, otherwise, the radar window won't become transparent (the version number will be visible at the bottom of the radar window).

Note 3:
It works very well with F1 2018, so I assume it should work with F1 2019 and all subsequent versions up to F1 23.

Et voilà :thumbsup:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 34.2%