F1 Possibly to Race on the Monza Bankings in 2022

It wouldn't make a lot of sense for current F1 cars, but I would love to see them bring back that section of the track and use it for different car classes - much like the Nordschleife isn't used for F1 nowadays but does find a home in other motorsport branches.

(GT3 endurance on the oval please, basically :p )

As some user said before, a special bodykit is used in Indycar for ovals, F1 can do a setup adapted for the Oval,(A suspension reinforcement maybe?) and a specificated set of tyres for running a race in the oval and the normal track(just like in the 50s)

It wouldn't make a lot of sense for current F1 cars, but I would love to see them bring back that section of the track and use it for different car classes - much like the Nordschleife isn't used for F1 nowadays but does find a home in other motorsport branches.

(GT3 endurance on the oval please, basically :p )

It's used for the Monza rally event at least ( the bottom part of the banking under the line, that's the only safe bit ). Not sure if anything else runs round there. GTs would probably end up using the old chicane, so there'd not really be much point in having a banked track - a GT3 car could go round that corner flat out on a flat track.

Never going to happen. It's too dangerous. Why do you think they banned and closed that part of the track forever back in late 60's? But they maybe just maybe can bring back this part of the track for some car races. Idk.

Oval courses are death traps. Big NO. Such an idiotic idea.
Besides the danger, oval courses aren't fun anyway. Indicar and Nescar suck so bad because of them. Monza should stay the way it is.

I love F1 and i also follow NASCAR. One thing i know is you need different chassis geometry on ovals. You usually run bigger tires and longer suspension arms on the outside, Especially when dealing with a high banking turn. So teams will have to build a different chassis just for one track. I ran the track on my game Race 07 and and flew trough the air in a F3000 Lolla.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back