F1 points system set for yet another change

bernie-ecclestone.jpg
Poor F1. It's been through such a lot of change in recent years, many people must be wondering what's happened. Well, now it's set for yet another change. The points system was only changed to the 25-20-15 etc system a month ago, to prepare for a potential bigger grid last season.

Bernie Ecclestone and his FOM company are now proposing to change it again, this time with still 25 points for a win, but the gap between first and second is bigger.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
2nd place would get 18 points, while 3rd would get 15, while cars finishing up to tenth would get 12-10-8-6-4-2-1.

Also, a point for pole position and the fastest lap has been made, meaning that drivers way down the field may get more points.

I can understand Bernie trying to change to make it better for the races, a win more valuable. But at the end of the day if he keeps changing things, ppl (teams and viewer) will get fed up and just stop caring about f1. the old points system worked ok for me, and some ppl say it devalued a win, but ask any racing driver/team if they rather go for 1st or settle for 2nd, I know what I would say.

anyway that is my 2 cents worth.

I think Bernie is pushing F1 in the right direction again. At least they try to make it more interesting for the viewers and visitors.

Let's hope that the budgets will be lowered so the entry tickets can finally go down again. Then F1 is a sport again for the general public to visit, and not longer for the elite.

• Adrian Kinsella

With no refuelling, the pole position now becomes more competetive rather than strategic.

Bram Hengeveld;466644 said:
I think Bernie is pushing F1 in the right direction again. At least they try to make it more interesting for the viewers and visitors.

I agree that's how it seems. I still remember the battles form the 80s when cars had turbos, there was no refueling and they were all on wooden tyres:) I used to love the F1 as a kid!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back