F1 News: Racing Point Set For Name Change Before Season Start

Before we completely ignore, Stroll did become Italian F4 champion, Toyota RS Champion and European F3 champion. Especially the last one is by any means a very tough field to become champion in. Really hope "team X" succeeds, otherwise we be left with 18 cars next year.

As the joke starts to age, and we can once again start to look at it from a more broader perspective. It's actually just very sad that a daddy-son team in F1 is a thing for starters, but more importantly that it is just such a farce.

I'm not sure a father/son or family/son/daughter racing team is really anything new in motorsport is it?
Half the guys I raced against at Club100 endurance were father son combinations.
Most of the people that have spoken about the early days of their careers talk about heavy family investment, time and money.
One of the guys who raced in BTCC that I used to chat to was a family run business that put a lot of their profit behind his racing career.
Just cause a guy is well off enough to realise a dream that many of us have is that any reason to ridicule?
Take a look at most racing drivers, not many of them are from mediocre backgrounds yet they don't get the pee taken out of them as much.

Just saying...

If my father had the money for it, he would have bougth me a seat in a F1 team too.
But my career stranded with driving karts at National Senior level and that was already very expensive as hell over 3 decades ago.
All of the guys that raced back than already had parents that had (much) more money than avarage people.

I'm not sure a father/son or family/son/daughter racing team is really anything new in motorsport is it?
Half the guys I raced against at Club100 endurance were father son combinations.
Most of the people that have spoken about the early days of their careers talk about heavy family investment, time and money.
One of the guys who raced in BTCC that I used to chat to was a family run business that put a lot of their profit behind his racing career.
Just cause a guy is well off enough to realise a dream that many of us have is that any reason to ridicule?
Take a look at most racing drivers, not many of them are from mediocre backgrounds yet they don't get the pee taken out of them as much.

Just saying...

You're not wrong, but not many of them needs daddy to have the whole team in order to have a drive. With Stroll, Micro Andretti comes to mind. That's a whole new level in ride buying.

Who cares whats its called - that's for them to decide.
Just good to see that F1 doesn't lose a team from the grid so hats off to them for earning enough cash to run it and doing something many people would love to do.

I don't understand why people are beating Stroll & friends for having money to buy a team - F1 requires deep pockets.
Nobody on that grid turns up in a transit van with a few mates to race.
They will still probably have less budget than many others on the grid.

I hope they call the team 'You wish you were me racing' or
'Force sorry your dad can't afford a team like us'

I'm guessing that the delay is due to negotiations with some sponsor to include that sponsors name in the entry, just like "Mercedes AMG Petronas" (Petronas as main sponsor), "Benetton" (Benetton family and clothing stores as sponsor), "Marlboro McLaren Honda" (Marlboro brand as sponsor) and so on.

So any other naming ideas can probably take a Stroll... ;)

they should use google name generator, Stroll's father controls 98% of Internet :)

Alonso is gone, only Hamilton,Vettel and Kubica left. Rest are paydriver kids...

"Who" Cares Racing

main_900.jpg

Niki Lauda (could have been said): It’s amazing. You have all these facilities and still the name sounds like ****!

Seriously they could not have come up with a more inspiring name? This is a name a 8 year old comes up for his school science project.

Why not call the team “Schnürsenkel” or “Schubkarre” or “Geh mal Bier holen Verein” or “Hottentottenhuptiedoodel”.

Anything really.

ROFL

I read all that with Niki's accent in mind, too funny!

They about to select their race suits for next year.
Maybe we could help them with our votes huh.
17c90d0cdf6efa7e004a8cacf38a8266--air-force-baby-military-families.jpg

2411708_0.jpg

i-am-you-father-star-force-galaxy-shirt-dad-daddy-men-s-premium-t-shirt.jpg

hmm... this is harder than I thought... :unsure:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%