F1 | New Jeddah Street Track Revealed In Simulation

Thanks but no thanks. I will keep an eye on it though for updates

On a side note look at how many armchair anilysts we have in this thread lolz. Everyone said the same thing about Baku, mugello and imola. Look at how that turned out.

The fact that they would rather choose Assetto Corsa and the RSS F1 2020
to showcase the brand-new JEDDAH street track worldwide
than using their own franchised F1 game ,

shows how great Assetto Corsa has become .
No, it merely shows that it's piss easy to import WIP tracks into the ancient Assetto Corsa engine.

i76rRa.gif

I must be the weirdo here, but the track itself seems to have a great flow.
Lots of high speed turns, a couple of overtaking spots into the final turn, T1, and possibly T13 and T22. The track itself is pretty good. The country behind the event however...

Ps. The car is 100% the RSS Formula Hybrid and the game is AC. Tilke has used the RSS car with permission from the people at RSS. Just wanted to point that out
I don't think people will like this track to watch, i feel for sim racers it could be fun to do some hot laps on but i think it's going to provide a boring race

I guess tire barriers will be put up in various places. If not, someone will eventually missile/Grosjean their way through - damn that looks dangerous. I actually quite like the layout, looks flowy with a few passing opportunities throughout. It may be shite though, if thats the case, at least its only supposed to host this one race.
But lets face it; its Saudi Arabia. A country with the same outlook towards human rights as all the other far-too-rich middle eastern countries should not be allowed a slot on the calendar until simple human rights are enforced. Unfortunately they're probably about the only countries able to afford it atm.

Last edited:
Why do people dislike it? its not a tilkedrome, no straights, everything is a sweeping or hard turn. Looks fun AF. Reminds me a bit of the Cleveland Airport for Indycar but with more curves.

Perhaps it will be better with the new aero regulations next year. It just seems that dirty air compared with how narrow the track is will make it very difficult for any overtaking. Many of the perceived passing zones narrow on entry or exit that greatly inhibit overtakes even further. It does in fact remind me a lot of a formula e track. Sadly that is one of the reasons I just can't get into formula e and it's the tracks. Only my opinion however.

FIA should pay circuits like Imola to host a GP

I was reading an interview with a certain Bernie Ecclestone a few weeks back.

The interviewer was remarking on how fantastic it was to have classic tracks back on the calendar for 2020, and it was interesting just how dismissive Bernie was in his reply.

His basic reply was nothing about the track but the fact it wasn't "state of the art" in the paddock area, in his view the tracks were poor quality and old; and didn't provide the facilities to teams (and most importantly in his view) the guests of the sponsors and teams. He basically said it never would have happened if he'd still be in charge. He would rather have less races that go back to Imola or Turkey. Interesting...

I've been to Abu Dhabi and the Grand Prix and yes as a facility it is amazing and provides a great "experience" (and a holiday away) but as a track, it is of course nothing like a Monza or Imola and doesn't have the atmosphere or history that a classic GP venue has.

BTW, I'm sure you know anyway but the circuits pay F1 to hold the race, rather than the other way around. That was one of the main problems these older circuits had. I don't know about Liberty Media but Bernie would always insist in crazy deals like seven years and only the huge oil rich countries could pay that sort of money.

The like of Imola (maybe even Portimao) could only afford something like a two year deal and he never would have allowed that. Twit...haha.

With regards to the Jeddah circuit. It certainly looks very fast and entertaining but I just know it's bee another Baku. Billiard table smooth. I want a proper street circuit that has bumps and will break cars. That to me is a proper street circuit. Ho hum.... :)

The fact that they would rather choose Assetto Corsa and the RSS F1 2020
to showcase the brand-new JEDDAH street track worldwide
than using their own franchised F1 game ,

shows how great Assetto Corsa has become .
The video was made by Tilke who create the actual track designs same as the Vietnam video they had full permission to use the content,
then they provide there partners and FOM the videos to showcase the new layout,
Codemasters have the License to produce the Formula games but I highly doubt they sit talking with the FOM about anything in much details,
Assetto Corsa offers the best features and functionality for people to add there own content,
makes the most sense :)

Last edited:
I was reading an interview with a certain Bernie Ecclestone a few weeks back.

The interviewer was remarking on how fantastic it was to have classic tracks back on the calendar for 2020, and it was interesting just how dismissive Bernie was in his reply.

His basic reply was nothing about the track but the fact it wasn't "state of the art" in the paddock area, in his view the tracks were poor quality and old; and didn't provide the facilities to teams (and most importantly in his view) the guests of the sponsors and teams. He basically said it never would have happened if he'd still be in charge. He would rather have less races that go back to Imola or Turkey. Interesting...

I've been to Abu Dhabi and the Grand Prix and yes as a facility it is amazing and provides a great "experience" (and a holiday away) but as a track, it is of course nothing like a Monza or Imola and doesn't have the atmosphere or history that a classic GP venue has.

BTW, I'm sure you know anyway but the circuits pay F1 to hold the race, rather than the other way around. That was one of the main problems these older circuits had. I don't know about Liberty Media but Bernie would always insist in crazy deals like seven years and only the huge oil rich countries could pay that sort of money.

The like of Imola (maybe even Portimao) could only afford something like a two year deal and he never would have allowed that. Twit...haha.

With regards to the Jeddah circuit. It certainly looks very fast and entertaining but I just know it's bee another Baku. Billiard table smooth. I want a proper street circuit that has bumps and will break cars. That to me is a proper street circuit. Ho hum.... :)

It’s good that this senile muppet is not in charge anymore.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%