F1 Hungarian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Bottas for being forced by his team on a wingman role with a full Vettel-block strategy, in order to let their golden boy to win.
The race could had been much more fun he would be given freedom to race and follow Hamilton closely.

Kimi all the way. He was fastest on the track for the second half of the race. He could have easily passed Seb but I'm sure they told him to back off as Seb needed the max points he could get to stay in competition. After the race you could see Kimi's wife telling him to be cool just before he was interviewed. He was not a happy man.

Brendon Hartley ofcourse. He's showing major improvement. Sad Torro Rosso fugded the Pit strat though, otherwise he would have finish in P7-P9

He came god almighty close to Grosjean in the last 5 laps. but couldn't make it stick

(Noo... this is no sarcasm, i really think this)

Honestly don't know what happened to Bottas...I understand him trying to hold Vettel but insisting on taking Daniel out, after being told by his own team to let him pass...just was weird to see. Seemed like Max was driving that Mercedes instead!!! Lol

Honestly don't know what happened to Bottas...I understand him trying to hold Vettel but insisting on taking Daniel out, after being told by his own team to let him pass...just was weird to see. Seemed like Max was driving that Mercedes instead!!! Lol
Mod Edit: no personal insults.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ricciardo for sure!

But someone please stop Bottas! It's F1, not a wrecking festival :mad:
He was this close to make a double with Vettel and then Ricciardo... and it's not the first time he tries to throw an opponent out, but no penalties for him.
Bottas forgot in the heat of the battle that his front wing was not working 100% anymore.
He could easily have taking himself down to in that moment.
Happens, he ain't as sharp as Hamilton but he drives quite solid normally.
The team would be worse of with a faster driver than Bottas.
They would end up wrecking each other.

Unpopular opinion, but Lewis.
Saturday and Sunday, he has been there when it mattered. 10/10

If Ferrari didn't mess up Seb's stop, he'd be able to battle Lewis today, but.. They did. Still Seb was on a great drive until the contact happened. He's not to blame for causing it, but he could have avoided it - and he did have much more to lose than to gain. Although lucky in the end, I'd cut some point off his ranking. 9/10

Kimi did beat Seb yesterday and might have been even quicker than him in the second half of the race, but he lost the start. All chances gone. 8/10

Danny Ricciardo... I didn't follow his weekend closely, so I don't want to rank him. From what I picked up, he didn't do any mistakes in the race but delivered - and once more showed his skills when executing brilliant overtaking maneuvers and didn't lose unnecessary time behind any of the cars. Absolutely no fault with regards to the Bottas incident and no chance to avoid it.

Bottas was on his way to 9/10 until the last laps of the race. Except not being faster than Lewis, there was nothing left to desire. (Some might say being faster than anyone except Lewis might be his job, so that would be 10/10 then).
He was lucky to stay in front of Vettel after Seb's stop, but did a brilliant job on defending him for a long time. But then, not backing up and making contact with Seb wasn't very smart. Without contact, he'd still have been able to fight with Kimi for P3. With contact, he was lucky to continue his race.
Still, he kept fighting like a lion, but then slided into Danny. If he just backed up earlier, he would have been safe for P5, but he again risked losing it all for today. 10s penalty was okay. 6/10

I didn't follow the other cars very detailed, but once again impressive result by Gasly.

Both McLarens seemed to have done a top job as well.

Voted for Danny Ric but to be honest, I felt sad for Max and really sad for Valtteri.. Lewis mentioning "the wall" before the race, turns out Bottas is the wall for his win. I know teams, and strategy, etc... but I don't feel number 2 drivers will ever have an even keel especially if the whole team is leaning on one side. I'm pretty sure I would have felt the same for Kimi if Vettel didn't crash last race. I was pretty happy he crashed last race not because Lewis won, just because Kimi got his place back.

Daniel for me - he really had to work for it.

Most entertaining was probably Bottas, as he went Mario Kart and started chucking turtle shells at anything that caught his eye in the closing laps.

That extra 2 seconds in the last vettel pitstop made him get behind bottas, and bottas dirty air screwed him out of the race.

This race was an example of why people want less aerodynamic dependency to reduce dirty air on all cars. It makes it impossible to overtake. The closer you are to the car in front the worse you will perform. Im a Vettel fan and it was madness to see him get so close and bottas not-so-defensive driving alone destroy his line.

I vote for Bottas as the supidest driver of the day. It looked like a failed payback, going straight into Vettel without any attempt to avoid the crash, but he missed Vettel.

F1 became so boring...

• Deleted member 205301

Should be Ricciardo or Gasly ... Voted Gasly (cause i'm french), but generally speaking they "all" did a great job (Hamilton, Vettel, Raikko, K-Mag, Sainz etc...)
@++

Voted Kevin, alone for taking 2 places at the start and holding on to it. He is just the best starter on the grid.

I'll never vote for any top 3 team driver that starts further behind and obviously overtakes everyone.
But, Daniel did a very fine race, he deserved the public DOD. Gasly, like Mag, did very good too with the machinery, something Hartley failed to do.

Reactions: NDG

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies