F1 2016 F1 Assist me!!!

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
I don't wanna bore anyone so I'll do everyone a favour and jump right to the point

Ok so I feel like I have mastered the art of tyre and fuel management, but I would now like to master aerodynamics and track knowledge, so I got a few questions that are on my mind, that i don't have an answer to

Q: What does a higher front wing do?
Q: What does a lower front wing do?
Q: What does a higher rear wing do?
Q: What does a lower Rear wing do?

I hear sometimes how some tracks are very tyre wear intensive, and others are fuel hogs, etc, so

Q: What tracks commonly are tyre "taxing"?
Q: What tracks commonly are fuel "taxing"?
Q: What tracks commonly need more lower downforce?
Q: What tracks commonly need more higher downforce?

If it's difficult to answer those questions then can you tell me at least what "signs" indicate tyre intensive, fuel intensive, etc

Oh and just a lil info on me: My strongest track is my country's Australian Grand Prix, my weakest I would say is Brittan.

A good marker for tracks regarded as tyre intensive ( or not ) is the tyre selections Pirelli made for each of the tracks . So basically where the Ultrasofts and Supersofts are chosen the track is regarded as less tyre intensive so youre talking Monaco , Singapore etc . Obviously though there are other factors in the equation too though including your driving style . It goes without saying that if youre a speed demon who takes more kerbs than they should or leave your braking always to the last nano second then youre going to contribute to the tyre wear more regardless of the track . Weather can also be a factor on any given weekend too . Chances are that the slower tracks are less taxing on fuel too especially given that places like Monaco often have at least one safety car period during the race too giving you a huge opportunity to switch to ' lean ' . Im no expert though so more knowledgable people can help you more . Those are really just some basics .

A good marker for tracks regarded as tyre intensive ( or not ) is the tyre selections Pirelli made for each of the tracks . So basically where the Ultrasofts and Supersofts are chosen the track is regarded as less tyre intensive so youre talking Monaco , Singapore etc
I see, and i belive i know why, tyre intensive tracks use the harder compounds so that way the tyres last as long as possible given the tracks intensity to the tyres, softer tyre intensive tracks don't need the harder compounds because the track wont take as much out of them.
Obviously though there are other factors in the equation too though including your driving style
Hmm well my style is relatively aggressive, it's hard to explain, but I will try to give some good examples
On any track i do everything i can to set the best time in Practice and Qualifying, and in racing i push the car to get to first(so far my F1 2015 has been 1st place victories except for one retirement from the Brittish Grand Prix far im up to the Spa Grand Prix.
When it comes to overtaking, i overtake whenever i can, so if im say 1 second behind Max Vertappen and approaching a sharp hairpin I won't hesitate to try to overtake Max as quickly as i can, but i do also try my best not to crash aswell because crashing does not happen in my rulebook.
When it comes to fuel mixtures i am miles more conservative, if i start the race in first, i put myself into rich revs for the first 5 laps then i go into lean for the rest of the race, this helps me gain a gap, if i start behind P3, i go up into rich revs and i stay in rich until i am in P1 and i got at least a 5 second gap between me and the car behind.
In pitstops its quite dependant, if i am in 1st, i won't pit until i have a gap of 30 seconds between me and the car behind, but if im in last, i always undercut, usually going into the pits one or two laps before i am actually due.
It goes without saying that if youre a speed demon who takes more kerbs than they should or leave your braking always to the last nano second then youre going to contribute to the tyre wear more regardless of the track .
That sounds like what i do
Weather can also be a factor on any given weekend too .
The only weather I hate is any wet weather, my strategy suffers in wet weather.
Chances are that the slower tracks are less taxing on fuel too especially given that places like Monaco often have at least one safety car period during the race too giving you a huge opportunity to switch to ' lean ' .
Hehe if only in F1 2015
Im no expert though so more knowledgable people can help you more . Those are really just some basics .
ok then, much thanks

Q: What tracks commonly are tyre "taxing"?
Q: What tracks commonly are fuel "taxing"?
Q: What tracks commonly need more lower downforce?
Q: What tracks commonly need more higher downforce?

High speed circuits like monza, spa and silverstone are relatively more tyre and fuel taxing and need lower downforce. Slow circuts like monaco, Singapore are the opposite.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back