F1 22 Mod (Official)

Misc F1 22 Mod (Official) 1.1.3 (FINAL)

Login or Register an account to download this content
1648450663432.png

fix it pls

Some observations after a few hours of playing (mostly 15m Q + 25% races):

1) I haven't played the previous versions, so I have no idea how much the AI has improved, but it's still not great. Sometimes as if it just ignored you completely (other drivers turn into you in the middle of a straight etc.). And of course, once they've crashed into you, they do not start braking until you both DNF. Although I must admit it's refreshing to see them race much more aggressively than in the original game.

2) Out of the tracks I've tried so far, there has been one where pitstops don't work at all. It's Brands Hatch (a.k.a. Zandvoort in this mod). The pit crew doesn't come out and just lets you through. You don't even have the pit limiter on. So yeah, no way to finish that unless you switch to 5-lap races, which are pathetic.

3) As has already been said, the flips are extremely annoying. There seems to be no logic to when and where they happen. It's also not always on a kerb, but at times even at a completely random place. And then some dangerously looking kerbs are totally fine, so what the heck? If this issue has to do with the 18-inch tyres, then (as great as they look) we might not need them.

4) I've already asked for the difficulty to be increased and thank you for your reply. If the only way to do it is to downgrade the player's car, then so be it. When I say that the "hardcore" difficulty is way too easy, I mean "fastest lap in a Williams" kind of easy. I will say, that the dificulties were pretty even on all tracks I've tried so far, which is unusual for such mod. Good job.

5) And finally, I definitely second the people who asked for the dynamic racing line to be imported where it's missing (e.g. Valencia). If it really is possible (as you admit), then it should definitely be there. Some people need it and shouldn't everyone be able to enjoy this mod properly? It's been brought up a couple times already, so it's clearly not something to dismiss. In fact, it should be one of the priorities for forthcoming updates along with the unfunctional penalty system.

Overall, definitely the best looking season mod for F1 2014 I've seen (the liveries, the wheel covers, current sponsors around the track etc. - all terrific!), but at this point pretty much the least enjoyable to play. The visuals are perfect as they are, not everything needs to be super realistic (people asking for helmets and stuff like that - jeez, really not important!), there are many other things that should be focused on in terms of playability. Looking forward to future improvements.

Last edited:
Some observations after a few hours of playing (mostly 15m Q + 25% races):

1) I haven't played the previous versions, so I have no idea how much the AI has improved, but it's still not great. Sometimes as if it just ignored you completely (other drivers turn into you in the middle of a straight etc.). And of course, once they've crashed into you, they do not start braking until you both DNF. Although I must admit it's refreshing to see them race much more aggressively than in the original game.

2) Out of the tracks I've tried so far, there has been one where pitstops don't work at all. It's Brands Hatch (a.k.a. Zandvoort in this mod). The pit crew doesn't come out and just lets you through. You don't even have the pit limiter on. So yeah, no way to finish that unless you switch to 5-lap races, which are pathetic.

3) As has already been said, the flips are extremely annoying. There seems to be no logic to when and where they happen. It's also not always on a kerb, but at times even at a completely random place. And then some dangerously looking kerbs are totally fine, so what the heck? If this issue has to do with the 18-inch tyres, then (as great as they look) we might not need them.

4) I've already asked for the difficulty to be increased and thank you for your reply. If the only way to do it is to downgrade the player's car, then so be it. When I say that the "hardcore" difficulty is way too easy, I mean "fastest lap in a Williams" kind of easy. I will say, that the dificulties were pretty even on all tracks I've tried so far, which is unusual for such mod. Good job.

5) And finally, I definitely second the people who asked for the dynamic racing line to be imported where it's missing (e.g. Valencia). If it really is possible (as you admit), then it should definitely be there. Some people need it and shouldn't everyone be able to enjoy this mod properly? It's been brought up a couple times already, so it's clearly not something to dismiss. In fact, it should be one of the priorities for forthcoming updates along with the unfunctional penalty system.

Overall, definitely the best looking season mod for F1 2014 I've seen (the liveries, the wheel covers, current sponsors around the track etc. - all terrific!), but at this point pretty much the least enjoyable to play. The visuals are perfect as they are, not everything needs to be super realistic (people asking for helmets and stuff like that - jeez, really not important!), there are many other things that should be focused on in terms of playability. Looking forward to future improvements.
Thanks for the complete overview.
1) this problem has been existent since the vanilla version of the game and no one has managed to really make the AI racing lines and reactions - or similar stuff - like F1 2021.
2) if you enter the pits more slowly then the pitcrews would have enough time to prepare. That pitlane entry is just way too short.
3) As long as the flips do not occur on the track itself, then it's okay. However some of them do occur on bumps or on gravel traps - I haven't really found a way to fix this, so be patient.
Regarding the dangerous kerbs, I claimed that as when I intentionally tested those kerbs, my car still flipped somehow (I was using the current handling).
Are you using a different 'surface_materials.xml' file?
4) I'll try increasing the difficulty values beyond 1.0, if it doesn't work then I'm gunna worsen the player's car. At least the gear changing is realistic.
5) as the Valencia track is imported from F1 2012 there are so many bugs. One of them is the racing line. I think it could be possible but due to my life taking over I'm not gunna look into it, but I hope someone else is able to fix that.
Regarding the flags bug which doesn't give the player any penalties during the Main race only, I've no idea how to fix it. But even though it is fixed the valencia, istanbul and endurance bahrain tracks are still bugged and so you still have to reduce to 'corner cutting only'.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 14.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 104 55.9%