Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Normally I would vote A, but I'll be gone by then unless CM starts to take after SMS. So I vote B in one week intervals. We know the tracks. And reports are this game ain't no new revelation.

I trust you on that Peter...and you know I've always wanted a league to follow the real schedule. That's what MOST, if not all, major sporting games do. Or allow you to so.

Problem is, even if we run the remaining three, this leaves a big void until you guys pick up again in April. What are you going to do until April with so many people itching to play? It's a CM screw up, but one we have to live with. Here is what I would do:

Follow out the races on this year's calendar. then assign teammates, then let every team pick one race to complete the schedule (not including the last three). THEN, when F1 2015 comes out and people bolt, or stay, you can then start a new *proper* league that follows the schedule with the folks who aren't going next gen by then. But, you know, a lot can change in 6 months.

Full Name: Henry Greenham
Steam Name: Glasnost
State/Country of Origin (if overseas): NSW
Car Choice 1: Lotus
Car Choice 2: Sauber
Preferred time for races: N/A. Not worried.
For full disclosure I'm extremely happy to be a back marker if the cars are voted to be to 2014 performance as I work shift work so may not be able to make every race, thus the loss of a back marker shouldn't effect the out come much if I'm allowed to join.

This was brilliant, loved the concentration on his face and how pleased he was to win but the best moment was when the guy sat him in the seat and said 'there's 2 minutes qualifying.. that determines your grid position...' No sh#t pal, this is Nigel Mansel your talking to, I think he knows what qualifying is lol :roflmao:

The only F1 Champion to be able to say "what is this? Don't you have any games with packs of cars that go about 240mph in circles?...I can do that just as well."

I'd prefer B. Whether I'm racing on a circuit that coincided with a real race is irrelevant to me. I'm here to race and don't need extra motivation to do so.

Il happily go along with whatever though. But if the schedule is moving away from the norm to keep others interested and moving away once 2015 is out I don't think that'll work. But im not against it, but B is my preference.

Reactions: Rob
Same I'm really fast in qualifying but fallback in the races using tyres twice as fast as other people online

Only been doing GP mode, heavy load on primes, trying to drive the car when it's most difficult. Did a race in a Torro Rosso, had no grip or pace but it was good fun.

Need to try multiplayer next and see how it feels.

Game is Realy good though. You can no longer just nail the throttle and Kurbs. I'm impressed so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes