F1 2024 thread

How about starting a thread of the next season already.

Personally, I think the last year was the most boring ever. If Max doesn't get a competitive teammate and his car is still just as superior, it's not good for the sport.

Not to take anything away from him, he's clearly on top of his game and performs flawlessly... but for the first time ever I skipped some races last season. Some of them were just snoozefests. Even 2004 wasn't that bad. And during Senna/Prost McLaren dominance in 1988 and 1989 at least we had a tight rivalry between the teammates. Nico and Lewis was pretty good too.

I'm not a huge Ferrari fan but it'd be good for the sport if they started winning again. LeClerc has 23 pole positions but only 5 wins. Is he really the guy?

Amazingly Ferrari's last WDC is from 2007 (Kimi Raikkonen). In three years time that's going to be 20 years. However there was even longer gap between 1979 (Jody Scheckter) and 2000 (Schumacher).

Predictions? I'm afraid it's going to be all Max again. I hope Alonso wins at least one race as he's my favorite driver of the current grid.

Last edited:
Some viewership and attendance will be down, but there will still be unexplainable attraction to a big audience will it pay too much $ and it will be an incredible financially successful year for the sport despite the lack of quality as a competitive sport.

Only 324 days til it's over - why wait to get bored before looking foward to the end of it - Max will wrap up the championship pretty early again. I can't see any rea$on that the sport will coreograph any other scenarios.

Yes Max and Red Bull are the team to beat but domination is part of F1. Max like Michale Shumacher or Senna is portrayed as a Villan. Because fans want Lewis Hamillton or whoever to win. You can turn it to a spec series like Formula e but then you have regulated parts. That means less development from teams. And less technology to trickle down to the car market for Honda, Mercedes, Ferrari. So why would they get involved in the sport if they get little or anything for their road car market.
Screenshot from 2024-01-29 07-53-30.jpg

As you can see there is a big step from Perez 2nd place to Rusell 8th. Any of these drivers can close in on the Red Bull. Possably beat them. You cant fault a team for doing the job right. This is where the battle is. Teams performance bar Red Bull was up and down. The team that has consistency in 2024 will get 2nd in constructors. If the team and driver want the easy way out they can go to INDYCAR with stupid tracks and rules and equal racing BS. But it means less if you win with the same machinery. F1 is the pinacle of motor racing and therefore must be the biggest challenge. If you get in a boxing ring do you let the oponent beat you and knock you out. No you fight back and try to knock him out. If i can sit through Lewis Hamillton Domination and moaning i can sit through 2024.

If you accept that Brawn was a Mercedes then the last year we didn't have Red Bull or Mercedes driver winning the WDC was 2008 - Hamilton in a McLaren.
And with respect to Perez he had one win in a "Pink Mercedes" and now five more in a Red Bull in the last three seasons... he's not really been a TOP driver in F1 in the 13 seasons he's been competing.

Hopefully we'll see some different winners and better competition in 2024, rather than a race to see who's best of the rest.

Yes Max and Red Bull are the team to beat but domination is part of F1. Max like Michale Shumacher or Senna is portrayed as a Villan. Because fans want Lewis Hamillton or whoever to win. You can turn it to a spec series like Formula e but then you have regulated parts. That means less development from teams. And less technology to trickle down to the car market for Honda, Mercedes, Ferrari. So why would they get involved in the sport if they get little or anything for their road car market.View attachment 725250

As you can see there is a big step from Perez 2nd place to Rusell 8th. Any of these drivers can close in on the Red Bull. Possably beat them. You cant fault a team for doing the job right. This is where the battle is. Teams performance bar Red Bull was up and down. The team that has consistency in 2024 will get 2nd in constructors. If the team and driver want the easy way out they can go to INDYCAR with stupid tracks and rules and equal racing BS. But it means less if you win with the same machinery. F1 is the pinacle of motor racing and therefore must be the biggest challenge. If you get in a boxing ring do you let the oponent beat you and knock you out. No you fight back and try to knock him out. If i can sit through Lewis Hamillton Domination and moaning i can sit through 2024.
2023 was the most uncompetitive season in F1 history. Races for the loser positions is ok but not nearly as interesting as races for the wins. It’s great that you are satisfied with this kind of competition. I tend to zone out when the results are so lopsided. Like last year, we should know who will be the champion after preseason testing. Regardless, we can rest easy knowing that when we drive our personal cars, they are loaded with F1 trickle down technology.

Last edited:
How about starting a thread of the next season already.

Personally, I think the last year was the most boring ever. If Max doesn't get a competitive teammate and his car is still just as superior, it's not good for the sport.

Not to take anything away from him, he's clearly on top of his game and performs flawlessly... but for the first time ever I skipped some races last season. Some of them were just snoozefests. Even 2004 wasn't that bad. And during Senna/Prost McLaren dominance in 1988 and 1989 at least we had a tight rivalry between the teammates. Nico and Lewis was pretty good too.

I'm not a huge Ferrari fan but it'd be good for the sport if they started winning again. LeClerc has 23 pole positions but only 5 wins. Is he really the guy?

Amazingly Ferrari's last WDC is from 2007 (Kimi Raikkonen). In three years time that's going to be 20 years. However there was even longer gap between 1979 (Jody Scheckter) and 2000 (Schumacher).

Predictions? I'm afraid it's going to be all Max again. I hope Alonso wins at least one race as he's my favorite driver of the current grid.
There is nothing wrong with F1 but every year you have wine O's complaining. It is not perfect but nothing is. If you take out Red Bull there was a close battle between 2nd Perez to 8th Russell and a lack of consistency caused this to be tight. This is the closest mid field on record. The driver points usually make a slope that curves like a skateboard ramp. This season it is a step. If Lewis was on top and dominating no one would care. But his fan boys are sore looser. And his team mate Russell is doing a better job. Lewis like all athletes reach a point and they can not progress further. Bet he thinks he can do more so he wont retire. The chance of him winning in a Mercedes or a Ferrari are slim. He has money and other stuff outside F1 that he can do.

There is nothing wrong with F1 but every year you have wine O's complaining. It is not perfect but nothing is. If you take out Red Bull there was a close battle between 2nd Perez to 8th Russell and a lack of consistency caused this to be tight. This is the closest mid field on record. The driver points usually make a slope that curves like a skateboard ramp. This season it is a step. If Lewis was on top and dominating no one would care. But his fan boys are sore looser. And his team mate Russell is doing a better job. Lewis like all athletes reach a point and they can not progress further. Bet he thinks he can do more so he wont retire. The chance of him winning in a Mercedes or a Ferrari are slim. He has money and other stuff outside F1 that he can do.
IMHO, there is room for a lot of improvement

Last edited:
Well Antony, there is something wrong with F1, it's become a toxic environment throughout, the team managers/principals are always sniping and whinging about what "he said she said", the drivers are always whinging about each other "Norris jump start" "he moved twice" he's got a bit of wing loose" and the fans are getting more and more nasty to each other... meanwhile the press are having a field day of reporting and miss-reporting tittle tattle for that extra column inch.
So, no, I'm sorry Antony but I see it as not just a Hamilton fanboi problem but right down to the grass roots of F1.
Moss once stood up for what was right (Mike Hawthorn reversing onto the track and getting disqualified) and lost the championship to him because of it, but as he said he'd do it again.

Yes we've always inter team rivalry, and driver rivalry but with the new age of instant communication and internet forums it's become very nasty.
Too many people involved... and paid, means too much information reaching the public, this in turn has made F1 balloon into what it is now.... a toxic drama business with sporting aspirations.

Well Antony, there is something wrong with F1, it's become a toxic environment throughout, the team managers/principals are always sniping and whinging about what "he said she said", the drivers are always whinging about each other "Norris jump start" "he moved twice" he's got a bit of wing loose" and the fans are getting more and more nasty to each other... meanwhile the press are having a field day of reporting and miss-reporting tittle tattle for that extra column inch.
So, no, I'm sorry Antony but I see it as not just a Hamilton fanboi problem but right down to the grass roots of F1.
Moss once stood up for what was right (Mike Hawthorn reversing onto the track and getting disqualified) and lost the championship to him because of it, but as he said he'd do it again.

Yes we've always inter team rivalry, and driver rivalry but with the new age of instant communication and internet forums it's become very nasty.
Too many people involved... and paid, means too much information reaching the public, this in turn has made F1 balloon into what it is now.... a toxic drama business with sporting aspirations.
Yes it is Politics and toxic but that is sports in general. Most sports it is just 2 teams at one time. F1 is 10 teams with 20 drivers on track. So you have many fans all together. I watch NASCAR and just get a bunch of Ford fans and Chevrolet fans maybe throw in Toyota fans

2023 was the most uncompetitive season in F1 history. Races for the loser positions is ok but not nearly as interesting as races for the wins. It’s great that you are satisfied with this kind of competition. I tend to zone out when the results are so lopsided. Like last year, we should know who will be the champion after preseason testing. Regardless, we can rest easy knowing that when we drive our personal cars, they are loaded with F1 trickle down technology.
If Red Bull have a problem like Australia where Max brakes caught on fire. The other teams will get close Ferrari and McLaren maybe Aston Martin can easyly beat Perez and take the constructors. Another mechanical isue at RED BULL and Max may slide. It is amazing how these cars are put under so mutch stress in races and so forth. Max could burn out a batch of engines and finish season on low power refurbaished ones.

Hmm... the viewership is down.

What do you make of this?

Nope, Mercedes ruled for a while, Red Bull prior to that, Ferrari had a decent run... nah it's not the team/s, it's the constant interference by the powers that be and the fickle audience that they've been pandering to.

Did I watch the vid? nope, it's yootoob, and I wouldn't pee on anything associated with google if it was on fire.
besides, I prefer to read

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back