Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 Reshade reality Suite Reality Suite 2.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for you work. Here is the result in Assetto Corsa.
Thank you very much for this video capture, wow looks great, what are your settings on Assetto? I installed Assetto today, when I finish to develop F1 I will start working on Assetto Corsa. Good to know I have something from where to start and don't need to develop it from scratch.

I've just bought a second 32" 144Hz screen to replace my old 60Hz one which hurts my eyes. Just for fun, I've temporarily placed them side by side to make one big screen. ADM Eyefinity takes care of setting up the whole thing to make a single 5120x1440 image (reduced by choice to 3200 x 1200). I run F1 23 and quickly realize that the FOV isn't enough to correct the perspective defect. That's when I activate the "Reshade Reality Suite" mode, and the fisheye comes into action... it corrects the perspective defect in the rear-view mirrors. Where a change of FOV couldn't correct the image, the "PerfectPerspective.fx" does, as if the image followed the curvature of the back of the retina to become perfectly straight for our eyes. I still set the field of view to 140, but the result is surprising. It's a pity that it stretches the pixels and makes the image drool a little, but if you're far enough away from the screen, it's not a problem. The behavior of the cars in the mirrors was perfectly coherent and predictable, which completely changes the understanding of the race.
Here are two examples to show what I mean.
before.jpg

after.jpg

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

I've just bought a second 32" 144Hz screen to replace my old 60Hz one which hurts my eyes. Just for fun, I've temporarily placed them side by side to make one big screen. ADM Eyefinity takes care of setting up the whole thing to make a single 5120x1440 image (reduced by choice to 3200 x 1200). I run F1 23 and quickly realize that the FOV isn't enough to correct the perspective defect. That's when I activate the "Reshade Reality Suite" mode, and the fisheye comes into action... it corrects the perspective defect in the rear-view mirrors. Where a change of FOV couldn't correct the image, the "PerfectPerspective.fx" does, as if the image followed the curvature of the back of the retina to become perfectly straight for our eyes. I still set the field of view to 140, but the result is surprising. It's a pity that it stretches the pixels and makes the image drool a little, but if you're far enough away from the screen, it's not a problem. The behavior of the cars in the mirrors was perfectly coherent and predictable, which completely changes the understanding of the race.
Here are two examples to show what I mean.
View attachment 727758

View attachment 727757

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Considering I dveloped this 3/4 years ago I'm quite surprised how well still behaves, nice one

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%