F1 2021 Names and Teams Changer

Misc F1 2021 Names and Teams Changer 0.96

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've found a solution. You can't write Bottas again. You must change something, like "Bottass" or "Russel".
Where do I change the spelling? I know in the names text folder but do I change the Original file look up or the spelling of the replacement? Upload your text file if you could please?

Hello, I have a question, I use it in F1 2021, and for example when I want to change this name like this in the texte files:

Daniel RICCIARDO, Jo Marinelli, MAR

In the game after, it's ok in the driver choice menu, but during the race for example, or in the My Team menu the name is not in full. ( MARIN instead of MARINELLI ) What do we have to do?

thank you

Can't get it to work any help appreciated
Here are my steps:
Make change to the driver notepad eg) Max VERSTAPPEN, Fred GIBSON, GIB and save
Load F12021
Open F12 Name Changer
Go to Game Menu - Select Find Offsets
Write to F1

And I get this error in the log:
2021-12-22 16:16:25.4079 |INFO: Using custom offsets
2021-12-22 16:16:25.9535 |INFO: F1 Process detected
2021-12-22 16:16:25.9535 |ERROR: Failed to find process - was the process stopped?
2021-12-22 16:16:25.9655 |WARN: Stopping Memory Changer

• Deleted member 1946917

Hey,
When i open the file, i see only two driver names in the Names file. Is this normal or is this a bug?
Does anyone know how this could be?

View attachment 525410
it's normal, simply write the name of the driver that you want to swap, remember for drivers that have accents in their name, you must include the accents, with the last name in all caps, or else the name won't swap correctly.

So for example if I want to swap Kimi to Bottas:

write KIMI RAIKKONEN, but with the accents: Räikkönen in all caps.

Then write Valtteri BOTTAS, BOT

So Kimi RAIKKONEN, Valtteri BOTTAS, BOT

That's the method for every driver.

it's normal, simply write the name of the driver that you want to swap, remember for drivers that have accents in their name, you must include the accents, with the last name in all caps, or else the name won't swap correctly.

So for example if I want to swap Kimi to Bottas:

write KIMI RAIKKONEN, but with the accents: Räikkönen in all caps.

Then write Valtteri BOTTAS, BOT

So Kimi RAIKKONEN, Valtteri BOTTAS, BOT

That's the method for every driver.

He has a method to for example change the name BOTTAS to MARINELLI (because it is longer) he writes that MARIN, is there a solution for that?

And in the game, in the rankings, the names are all in capitals, pilots changed

• Deleted member 1946917

He has a method to for example change the name BOTTAS to MARINELLI (because it is longer) he writes that MARIN, is there a solution for that?

And in the game, in the rankings, the names are all in capitals, pilots changed
Marinelli being shortened to Marinel is a limitation of the game, codemasters fault that truncate the name, nothing he can do about that.

Although in the standings and race results the name will show fully.

You will have to pick a driver that has a last name as long as Marinelli to not have it shortened

Marinelli being shortened to Marinel is a limitation of the game, codemasters fault that truncate the name, nothing he can do about that.

Although in the standings and race results the name will show fully.

You will have to pick a driver that has a last name as long as Marinelli to not have it shortened

it's a shame, thanks for the reply. It was good when we could change the names directly by the language_eng.lng file with EGO editor, in for example F1 2016 or 2017, and it remained in the game

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1946917

it's a shame, thanks for the reply. It was good when we could change the names directly by the language_eng.lng file with EGO editor, in for example F1 2016 or 2017, and it remained in the game
No problem and yeah I completely agree, Codemasters love to make things harder for us. We just have to adapt as best we can.

For some reason its not working for me, I'm not really sure why, when I try find Offsets I get error "
WARN: Failed to find one or more regions, this may cause some names and/or teams to be missed. Either try restarting the game and running "Find Offsets" again (In the Game menu), or disable custom offsets and use the default english offsets" and the Names text only has Gasly & Bottas listed--- what am I doing wrong?

I really don't understand how this works...It was simply enough in F1 2020 but here there is just BOTTAS ja GASLY names. I did same steps as in F1 2020 one but nothing changes? There must be something that i don't understand, i'd like if someone makes youtube tutorial about this.

it appears i cant change the team names. i tried to do it. got no errors, but it just didnt change them

EDIT: got it to work. cant change aston martins and alpines name. and when i try to change the williams team name it completely gets rid of the name
how did you menage to change team names cause I have a problem with that

Hi,

I need some help if possible please?

When I load the names I only see Bottas and another driver. I cannot seem to load the full drivers to be able to move them around. I want to change the names of the drivers in career mode.

Thanks for any help

I got the drivers to work but i can only get teams to change in the showroom but not in a race. Is there a way to have custom names for teams in myteam???

Last edited:
Hi,

I need some help if possible please?

When I load the names I only see Bottas and another driver. I cannot seem to load the full drivers to be able to move them around. I want to change the names of the drivers in career mode.

Thanks for any help
You have to go into the folder with the application and the names file and type them in by doing what im doing below-To replace russell with albon type this below
George RUSSELL, Alexander ALBON, ALB
Then open the name changer application then go to names
Then click game at the top
Then find offsets
Then wait until it says success in the chat thing at the bottom
F1 2021 NEEDS TO BE OPEN THEN CLICK WRITE TO F1
This has to be repeated every time u open it or else it will go back to normal names

• Deleted member 1946917

I just have in names Pierre Gasly and bottas ? i don't understand how can i fix that
You can write the names yourself for the drivers you want to change, in the format shown.

Let's say you want to change Gio for Zhou

Write:

Antonio GIOVINAZZI, Guanyu ZHOU, ZHO

and so on for drivers you want, remember to spell names correctly and use accents for drivers that have it.

I also started to have issues with RUSSELL. I have this on file:
Valtteri BOTTAS, George RUSSELL, RUS
George RUSSELL, Alex ALBON, ALB

On the race director no issues, but the driver tag in race becomes ALBON in a Mercedes, thus making 2 ALBON in race, one replacing BOTTAS and one replacing RUSSELL.
I also tried a workaround by writing Georg RUSSELL or George RUSSEL but the issue persists. So I decided to delete the Russell - Albon line and this time in Mercedes I have RUSSEL with only one L. Very strange! Any idea?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.5%