Resource icon

Misc F1 2020 TyreTemp Mod BETA 0.75

Login or Register an account to download this content
andyandy989898 submitted a new resource:

F1 2020 TyreTemp Mod BETA - Tyre Temperature mod BETA

Hi all

I have reworked the tyre temp mod from my other resource to work in a new way.

I have released it as separate resource as its is different to the last mod and i dont want the 2 to get confused.

I went back to the start and created all new settings from the last mod. The temperatures in this version are much more stable. Temperature will build over laps rather than corners. They will heat slower but also cool slower. The best way to cool them is to easy off in fast corners...

Read more about this resource...

Hi mate. Made a few races at Monza with this BETA version and the RL.1 and unhopefully same problem again and again. Damn.

I will look at the xml file to understand how it work and make some modifications and tests myself.

Hi. Same problem as your first TempMod : drivers pitting in the penultimate lap... Which makes it unplayable. That's bad because the mod is really pleasant to play now, tyres life is realistic and tyre temperature is playable while being difficult to manage. :(

Hi Andy

Does this also affect the wear rates like your other mod i.e. we can take tyres to 70-80% of their life, far longer than the default Codemasters wear?

Or is this mod purely about tyre temps, with the same default Codemasters wear rates?

Thanks

Hi. Same problem as your first TempMod : drivers pitting in the penultimate lap... Which makes it unplayable. That's bad because the mod is really pleasant to play now, tyres life is realistic and tyre temperature is playable while being difficult to manage. :(

That makes no sense as it is using default wear rates. Hmmm I will have a think

Hi Andy

Does this also affect the wear rates like your other mod i.e. we can take tyres to 70-80% of their life, far longer than the default Codemasters wear?

Or is this mod purely about tyre temps, with the same default Codemasters wear rates?

Thanks

The amount of laps are the same but you can take the tyres further, after navb comments though I may change this

The amount of laps are the same but you can take the tyres further, after navb comments though I may change this
Hi Andy

I really enjoy your other tyre wear mod, it adds so much more to the game and taking the tyres far longer than their default "Codemasters life", hence the question.

As it stands, I'm quite torn on which one adds more realism to the game if I had to choose. They both sound great. Which would you recommend?

I think this beta is more realistic in terms of the tyre slowly building in temp. Also the cold tyres taking time to heat but it's not complete, the tyres don't cool properly especially when the track is getting wet. If I can fix this annoying last lap pit bug then I would say at the moment the other mod is a better all round experience, but in the longer term I hope to switch over to this beta version

I did 100% Baku yesterday. Very tight qualy (cf screenshot) so nobody tried the medium tyre. Interesting race, Ricciardo started P20 and finish P3 without any Safety Car because he did an amazing first stint on the Medium and was able to do M-S-S when the majority of all (as me) were in S-M-M. The Soft was 2 or 3 seconds faster at the end of the race so every driver who finished on the Medium lost so many time.. so in terms of strategy very interesting race. And I didn't see any last lap pit stop. I'll do Canada again with the mod :)

One point : tyres are so so cold at the start, it's really hard during the first lap compared to AI
Sans titre.png

Thanks for feedback. Glad to hear you didn't get the final ai pit lap issue.

From screenshot it looks like you are doing career. I have also found (with vanilla game too) that over time the pack becomes much closer as R&D plays out. I am not sure if this is by design from codies.
Interesting with Riccardo. Where did his teammate finish? Would say something went wrong in Qualifying for him to be P20. Or he had penalties. Maybe new engine and fresh tyres from the back allowed him to gain those places. 2 seconds a lap faster on fresh softs compared to old mediums seems about right?

About cold tyres at start. It is a challenge but after some practice I can now hold position or gain 1 or 2 places. I found key was not to put throttle on full till going into 3rd gear. Also braking earlier at first corner. It should stop dive bombing the first corner to gain places.
Doing the formation lap at start as well helps as you can get lots of heat into tyres that is saved for the start of race.

Looking forward to feedback from Canada :)
Also I am interested in what people feel about changes made to C1 and C2 tyres for certain tracks. I did Belgium yesterday and really enjoyed the challenge and change of tactics

Last edited:
Yup this is career mod, season 3 !

In Baku, Ricciardo just crashed in Q1. Ocon started like 13th on the grid, I don't remember exactly, and they were both on Medium tyre, but Ricciardo finished in front of him because he's having better overall notation I guess so he had a better race pace :)

Canada feedback : More classical qualy. The two Red Bull did their Q2 lap on the Medium, they were 1 and 2 on the grid, Mercedes 3 and 4. About the race, I was able to keep my P5 at the start by doing formation lap, so this should be fine, cold tires just bring additional challenge because as you say, usually it's too easy to have a good start and dive bombing. But after 5 laps on Soft rear tires were suffering so much with temperature (which was realistic!) so I lost rythm quickly. At the end, I did a P7 because I did a 3-stop strategy when some drivers of the pack were able to do a 2-stop strategy on Soft-Medium-Medium (and some did 4-stop :cautious:)

So, what is interesting is that the order in which the pilots change tires differs (S-M-M, S-M-S-S, M-S-M...), as well as the lap chosen to stop, the pit stop range is really long. On the other hand, I regret that the Hard tire is never used, just by a few drivers.

Next will be France :)

Hi Andy,

Finally got around to testing the mod in Season 2 of My Career (driving for Mclaren 100% races) and thought I'd give a bit of feedback.

I've started FP1 in Australia and this is what I've noticed:
- Hards take quite a few laps to warm up. Probably 5 laps before they are just over into green territory (high 70s, low 80s). I need another 3-4 laps to get them into optimal lap time range, at which point I'll post my best Hard time. So 9 laps from out of the pits to posting quicker times. The out lap is almost non-existent for heating tyres, and I'll be lucky to get into the mid 70s by the penultimate corner.

- Mediums warm up on the out lap and are then good to go, and I'll post my quickest time within 2 laps. Then they drop off circa 0.7-1 second off my personal best for the remainder of the 10 lap stint.

So to summarise - Hards are really difficult to heat up, but then after about 5-6 laps they'll be low 80s and remain in a good working temp range. Mediums warm up immediately but drop off optimal pace very quickly. Neither tyre suffers from the cliff drop after 10 laps, although they are not optimal (applies more to Medium than Hards). Overall, this mod is amazing as I really have to work to get my tyres up and then keep them in range.

Just two questions - does this apply to the AI? I was looking at their lap times and they follow the default Codemasters lap times...very consistent. Out of the blankets they hit their optimal lap time and stay within 3-4 tenths throughout a stint. If not, then they've got a huge advantage because they don't suffer from cold tyres.

And secondly, on the Hards I am a good 2 seconds off the pace (compared to Ocon). On the mediums, I'm a tenth up on Lando Norris. I'm not sure what to read into this - either I can't drive these Hards and should avoid them (even though I'm quite consistent with lap times) or they are just not the right tyre for this track? But if the latter, then even the AI should be struggling?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back