Resource icon

Misc F1 2020 EN Lang File 1.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is it really, that we can't put the file back from where it is extracted from? Because to me that sounds weird. Is it that we don't have the software to do that, or that codemasters just made it unavailable on purpose?

Is it really, that we can't put the file back from where it is extracted from? Because to me that sounds weird. Is it that we don't have the software to do that, or that codemasters just made it unavailable on purpose?
CM restricted the access to that file. We are able to pull it out of the 2 GB game.dat but it is not possible to place it back or make the game load from the correct open folder structure.

One way, I did not bother, might be if you inject a CheatEngine script, replacing it with a nonexisting language file, when opening the process and have that nonexisting be actually available in the open folder structure.

For example having language_en2.lng in \localisation\2020_asset\ instead of language_eng.lng from game.dat, lua script in CE overwriting the new string (the addresses are static) and then launching the process (F1 exe).

Anything else did not work so far.

tl;dr, or simplified version of explanation:
The language file is "hidden" in the structure of "game.dat" file (which is a some sort of archive). To open that file, we need to get "archive" details, which are hidden, ironically, in the game EXE file. And game's EXE files are protected (+ obfuscated) with Denuvo anti-temper system. So basically, we'd need an "unprotected" exe to gain full access to the archive (to not have any potential corrupted data). But before that, we'd need to understand how the game reacts when you try to put in a new "changed" file.

So far, best option we have to analyze is F1 2018 as it had the "unprotected" exe once, but that game had language files anyway, so we didn't really need anything else...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%