F1 2020 Cars 3D model for Photoshop - Tools in creating car mods in Photoshop

VERSION 1.01
- currently Ferrari and Mercedes has both paint and decal mesh
- Alpha Tauri and Racing point only has the paint mesh
- will do the other cars soon

- I recommend to use the latest version of Photoshop CC

IMPORTANT
- This is not a mod but a tool for creating car liveries
- Before manually installing skin with EEA make sure to set up the directory to F1 2020.
- If you...

Read more about this resource...

Ayyyy, thanks for the 3D models my man! Been waiting an awfully long time for these.

Such a shame the mirroring on the Ferrari is a PITA though...

Ayyyy, thanks for the 3D models my man! Been waiting an awfully long time for these.

Such a shame the mirroring on the Ferrari is a PITA though...

You're welcome man. Not sure when I can make the other cars though. Yeah, The ferrari paint is basically just a wireframe for the car number

Hello @jburon72 , do you know with the 3D models if we can add the little "horns" as I circled on the photo on the cars in the MyTeam mode. If so, will you be explaining how to do this? Thank you

Sans titre-1.png

Hey man. The UV map for 3D model for F1 games cant be change and some textures have mirroring by default

So how in the past so people was able to skip the mirroring part ? I know i've stopped skinning F1 since F1 2012 because in 2013 wasnt able to do it with mirroring part and some dude later on was able to skip it :/

I don't think it will work as the myteam car uses a different cf pattern. I tried with redbull and the floor is invisible.

Too bad. Do you only have to replace textures etc. with EEA to make it work? Or does it require to also replace other files in the F1 2020 Game directory?

I am new to modding, so I am still trying to understand everything within the ERP files and stuff, but your 3D models already helped a lot, so thanks for that!

I don't think it will work as the myteam car uses a different cf pattern. I tried with redbull and the floor is invisible.
while we chat earlier, i tried an investigation... or merely an assumption i guess. it's not because carbon file pattern. they are same. even you can replace carbon texture to any of your taste. my assumption is, unlike last year, this game read the LODs different & unique each other. hence the disappering. if you target mat binding to fom, the game can read the model in complete state. but revert to the 1st common livery. but that means if you're making changes to myteam which depends on fom_car, the swapped chassis is also affected.

while we chat earlier, i tried an investigation... or merely an assumption i guess. it's not because carbon file pattern. they are same. even you can replace carbon texture to any of your taste. my assumption is, unlike last year, this game read the LODs different & unique each other. hence the disappering. if you target mat binding to fom, the game can read the model in complete state. but revert to the 1st common livery. but that means if you're making changes to myteam which depends on fom_car, the swapped chassis is also affected.
and if you sacrifice the myteam, then the chassis can be replaced?

you can but you cannot do more than one. if you replace HAAS to FOM and also replace Willams to FOM. any changes between them will affect each other. in a simple means if you change a skin or rim wheel textures from replaced HAAS, replaced Willams is also changed because they are connected in same parent. that's why i'm afraid making chassis swap based on Jb's guide because so far the only way i found is just altering the parent model which cause mess if you are planning a big changes.

you can but you cannot do more than one. if you replace HAAS to FOM and also replace Willams to FOM. any changes between them will affect each other. in a simple means if you change a skin or rim wheel textures from replaced HAAS, replaced Willams is also changed because they are connected in same parent. that's why i'm afraid making chassis swap based on Jb's guide because so far the only way i found is just altering the parent model which cause mess if you are planning a big changes.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be looking at it and look for any workaround.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be looking at it and look for any workaround.
well, even you can swap the chassis, but because it reads the first common livery.... put a skin is practically impossible because common livery doesn't have diffuse layer (_d) only has map (_m) & specular. if you change the _m to any skin, the swapped chassis won't read it. just turned into purple. unless you can reverse engineer the model & recode everything.

so yeah, Codies just make chassis swap harder & almost impossible this year.

Can somebody help me witch colors? its look like
frosted and opaque.
I would like more shine. Like 90's cars. i using (_d) only. Its works perfectly, but too much opaque for the result. Always the same resulte like red bull car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back