F1 2019 Work-In-Progress Thread

2019_perez_helmet_psd.png

Perez helmet WIP

What are the differences?different shapes or only textures?great work btw
The rear side decals are different, the yellow wing of type 1, the black wing of type 2, and nose decals are slightly different, and the gloss of the wheel is also different. And the rear wing decal is different. The shape of the yellow line on the side is also slightly different. also rim hub color is different. and The width of the side number's width is also different.

I am currently creating a mod that converts all the modern F1 cars into v10 hybrids.

The imaginary scenario is: due to a lack of fan support and lack of immersion over the v6 hybrid era, the FIA has re-introduced v10 motors into f1 to regain fan support with the platform essentially being a "reliable" and "eco-friendly" f2004 motor offshoot (I have used someones v10 sounds pack and I believe that the 4 motor manufacturers have different sounding motors) and the gearbox has been moved back to a 7 speed in order to let the car rev out to 18,800 rpm (f2004 box).

To make it realistic I have made individual profiles for each team, meaning that every team will maintain their own aero, grip, etc, and just the motors, gearboxes, and half of the Fuel Tank values are shared

I am currently in the process of testing the kit in career mode and noticing that the motor and its parts are all wearing out quite quickly (3-5% every practice test, 30-40% every race). If anyone can point me in the right direction for what else I might need to move over from the f2004 to help the parts last longer, or even what values I should make them to make the v10s "reliable" (but realistic) please let me know.

I already have a V1 completed
Known issues:
- Engine wear (currently diagnosing)

Last edited:
NEW TYRE TEMPERATURE AND WEAR MOD (OFFLINE ONLY)

FEEDBACK OF V1 (ATTACHED) REQUESTED

Hi

I am developing a mod to change how tyre temperature behaves in game.

I wasn't happy with how stable they are and always thought the track should have more effect on which is the best tyre.

So this mod now means you need to find the right tyre for the track depending on the track type. I would recommend using practice sessions to see how tyre wear is effected. Eg lots of fast long corners will overheat softer tyres. Long straights to cause harder tyres to cool quickly. Heavy braking will have an effect. Aggressive driving might be fast over an individual lap but smooth driving will be quicker in longer runs.
Also tyre temperatures leaving the pits have been changed, so be careful until they heat up.

Overheating causes a small loss of grip and increase in wear.

Your pit stops during races will now need to be adapted if wear is greater than you expected. In some races the softest tyre is not the best option.

I am a pad player so wheel feedback would be a great help.

Any feedback would be great.

To install rename the attached file to

tyrecompounds.erp (make sure you have view file extensions switched on)

Then place in folder F1 2019/2019_asset_groups/f1_2019_vehicle_package/tyrecompounds

backup your existing f1compounds.erp file so you can return to standard game.

This game can be used with any mod that doesn't edit the f1compounds.erp file.

Wet weather tyres not effected but will extend to include them if feedback is positive.

All games modes should be compatible except time trials etc

This mod will not work Online!

Any questions please ask

Thank you

Andy

Attachments

• tyrecompounds.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
NEW TYRE TEMPERATURE AND WEAR MOD (OFFLINE ONLY)

FEEDBACK OF V1 (ATTACHED) REQUESTED

Hi

I am developing a mod to change how tyre temperature behaves in game.

I wasn't happy with how stable they are and always thought the track should have more effect on which is the best tyre.

So this mod now means you need to find the right tyre for the track depending on the track type. I would recommend using practice sessions to see how tyre wear is effected. Eg lots of fast long corners will overheat softer tyres. Long straights to cause harder tyres to cool quickly. Heavy braking will have an effect. Aggressive driving might be fast over an individual lap but smooth driving will be quicker in longer runs.
Also tyre temperatures leaving the pits have been changed, so be careful until they heat up.

Overheating causes a small loss of grip and increase in wear.

Your pit stops during races will now need to be adapted if wear is greater than you expected. In some races the softest tyre is not the best option.

I am a pad player so wheel feedback would be a great help.

Any feedback would be great.

To install rename the attached file to

tyrecompounds.erp (make sure you have view file extensions switched on)

Then place in folder F1 2019/2019_asset_groups/f1_2019_vehicle_package/tyrecompounds

backup your existing f1compounds.erp file so you can return to standard game.

This game can be used with any mod that doesn't edit the f1compounds.erp file.

Wet weather tyres not effected but will extend to include them if feedback is positive.

All games modes should be compatible except time trials etc

This mod will not work Online!

Any questions please ask

Thank you

Andy

My God..... put this in a download file.... not in a WORK IN PROGRESS Tread...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%