F1 2019 F1 2019: V1.09 Update Live Across All Platforms

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 Updated 1.09.jpg

The latest build of F1 2019 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Following Codemasters recent move to update their latest Formula One videogame with the current team liveries and model changes, the British studio have been at it again, deploying a new update to the game across all platforms.

Build 1.09 is somewhat smaller than the release from earlier this month, but does include a nice collection of changes and improvements to the title - aimed mostly at the offline and career elements of the game.

F1 2019 build 1.09 Update Notes:
  • Realistic performance can now be enabled in Leagues
  • AI can now be disabled when using official cars in Leagues
  • Skill rating rebalancing
  • Safety rating rebalancing
  • Balancing fixes for AI R&D progression in career
  • Added additional support for Fanatec wheels
  • Fixed an exploit on Time Trial in France
  • Tyre compounds have been updated in Brazil, USA & Mexico
  • Reduced off-track surface grip on approach to turn 12 in Brazil
  • Various other fixes and stability improvements

In other F1 2019 news, Codemasters have confirmed they intend to include the Red Bull / Toro Rosso driver switch shenanigans involving Pierre Gasly and Alex Albon, however don't expect it to drop until the Formula One teams return from the summer break...

F1 2019 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Follow the latest news, head over to the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and discuss the game with your fellow Grand Prix enthusiasts!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

F1 2019 looks great, but have only purchased F1 2018 for a short while so really wondering if purchasing F1 2019 is worth it?
I like it, spend a lot of time hot lapping and running the special events. F2 cars are fun and add something different this year and it has a career mode. While not perfect it's fun and a good escape from reality. I spend more time in F1 the game than actually watching F1 IRL ;)
IMO the last 3 are worth it; F1 2017 (no halo) F1 2018 or F1 2019 as I still spendtime with all 3 on a weekly basis.

Not sure if F1 2019 has Triple Screen support but Codies have done a great job in setting up the perspective in the cockpit view to show all that is necessary....liked it in F1 2018.
not true triple screen support, but it works for adding the mirrors and immersion :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You are so lucky. I'm 1.5 seasons in career and no SC at all. All friends of mine 3 seasons, 2.5, 2 and also no SC. We all play on 50% races. Also tried to do SC on purpose by blocking whole grid in Baku and also no SC at all.
I'm getting SC's in quick races + championship mode too. No idea how so many people have issues.

I'm getting SC's in quick races + championship mode too. No idea how so many people have issues.
Yes, quick race, championship mode and online I saw SC, but in career mode never get SC.My friend told me that saw in somewhere if after update, delete all folders from \steam\userdata\928600* and \documents\my games\F1 2019**.
And start the game like first time...and they get SC in career mode, I will try this and see what happens.

* If you already advanced point in career mode, this will delete all progress.
** will be delete all controller or steering wheel configs.

Try at your own risk.

F1 2019 looks great, but have only purchased F1 2018 for a short while so really wondering if purchasing F1 2019 is worth it?

F1 19 is a slight improvement in all areas. I prefer the feel and feedback in 19 and the AI are another step up. Online is more stable (I haven't seen opposition cars bouncing around as they sometimes did with 18) and the rating system works well. It does look superb especially in SP and career but take care with the graphics settings as Monaco is a slideshow online in 4K (9900K 1080Ti) but runs smoothly at 1080p.

I picked 19 with the extra content (not worth the full price IMO) up very cheaply on a pre-order deal so for me it was worth it. We have an ongoing F1 lap time challenge following the season and we run that in F1 18 as more people have the game so I'd say it's definitely not an essential purchase. On the otherhand if you enjoy F1 and the best single-player career mode in any racing game then it is!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000