F1 2019 F1 2019: F2 Won't Feature Full Career Mode

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 - F2 No Career Mode.jpg

Codemasters Lee Mather confirms the career mode of the upcoming F1 2019 won't support a full season of Formula Two.

Although players of the new game will get the opportunity to complete a full campaign in the feeder series via Championship mode, it looks like you won't be able to race completely in the Formula Two category before stepping up to the main series as part of a progression within the career mode aspect of the title.

According to a tweet by Mather, the F2 portion of the career mode will consist of "3 events, with a narrative" - which if I'm honest feels like something of a missed opportunity from Codemasters.

Mather Tweet.jpg

Quite how this all plays out in F1 2019 is yet to be formally revealed, and it is worth noting that a full season can still be enjoyed in the standalone championship mode within the title, so players looking forward to having some fun in the lower rungs of single seater racing don't need to enter full panic mode just yet!

Interestingly, Mather also mentions something about retirements and drivers moving within the game world - although frankly I'm not quite sure exactly what that means or how it will be represented within the game come release day next month.

More information to follow as and when it becomes available.

F1 2019 is due to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC June 2019.

Catch the latest news and discussion at the F1 2019 Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment - join in with your fellow community members and share some of the F1 2019 love!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
It might not be a good sim, but it is a fun simcade. I have enjoyed every single iteration so far and going through several classes was something I was really hoping for.
It's actually NOT that bad. I'm sat till December now waiting for AMS2 to release so I'm a big fan of FFB and good physics. I installed '18 the other day, and as long as you're prepared to sit and tweak and tweak the FFB till you've got it just right I think it's a great little game. I love all the programmes over the weekend, the R&D, the graphics - even the AI has surprised me. I personally can't wait for '19, by the sounds of things I'm not quite as jaded or cynical as you lot just yet, I'll probably get there around F1 2022 when we are still all demanding VR, but get given the option of being able to choose the colour of your gloves instead...

It's actually NOT that bad. I'm sat till December now waiting for AMS2 to release so I'm a big fan of FFB and good physics. I installed '18 the other day, and as long as you're prepared to sit and tweak and tweak the FFB till you've got it just right I think it's a great little game. I love all the programmes over the weekend, the R&D, the graphics - even the AI has surprised me. I personally can't wait for '19, by the sounds of things I'm not quite as jaded or cynical as you lot just yet, I'll probably get there around F1 2022 when we are still all demanding VR, but get given the option of being able to choose the colour of your gloves instead...
Ouch, here I was thinking my message was positive ;-)

Good point mate, I need to tweak the FFB every year but I am crap at setting it up as I have a G27 and many people have different wheels, so the same settings will have different results - unless a steam workshop thing suffices?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back