F1 2018 F1 2018 Cockpit CAMERA OPTIONS

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

M D Gourley

Premium
Hello everyone,
After watching RD's and a few other You Tube Reviews on F1 2018 I decided to take the plunge and purchase it and so far I am quite impressed with it once I managed to navigate the menus and find where most of the options are...phew, what a job that was...lol.
What impressed me personally was the amount of Cockpit adjustments I could do, as these are right up there with most of the major Sims I have as this is a function I spend quite a lot of time tweaking, sadly though, not all Sims I have give me the desired end result and usually have a 'that will have to do I suppose' result...F1 2018 on the other hand in my opinion has a fantastic number of adjustments that would put some Sims to shame and pair that with the F1 cars consistent Cockpit perspective, makes for a very satisfying end result.
I could access the Cockpit Camera Options on the Starting Grid in the 'Grand Prix' race option by getting to it from the 'Pause Menu'
1 F1 2018 START GRID copy.jpg

..once there move across to the 'Preferences' and arrow down to the 'Camera Options'
2 F1 2018 CAMERA OPTIONS copy.jpg
when in the 'Camera Options' select 'Cockpit' and then just arrow down and adjust all the below relevant options
3 F1 2018 FOV copy.jpg

The one thing that makes this great is the 'Hide Menu' key...mine was set to the 'F2' key...so once I had highlighted / selected the 'Field of View' area, Press and Hold the 'F2' key which hides the menu and shows the cockpit of the car I was currently in, as in the first screenshot, awesome,...then use the 'Left' or 'Right' arrow keys to adjust the FOV in real time...then once happy with the FOV, release the 'F2' key to see the 'Camera Option' menu again, scroll down and repeat with any other options you like to adjust.
I did find the 'Mirror Angle' also great in fine tuning the rear view mirrors...the image in the mirrors is also effected when I adjusted the FOV / Offset: Horizontal / Offset: Vertical and Angle so i personally adjusted the 'Mirror Angle' last once everything else was set up....overall the Cockpit adjustments that can be made in F1 2018 would be worthy in any Sim and would be made even better if they could be mapped to buttons or the Hat Switch on my TS XW Racer...only my 2 cents
Thanks for stopping buy:)
P.S. My Sim Rig...
SIM RIG 2x TSS with SCREENSHOTS Dirt Rally.jpg

Last edited:
I was also wondering what the 'Near Clip Plane' was for...Holy Cow!!...this is a revelation...as I have had this problem in most Sims when adjusting the cockpit view to where I want it but other items come into view that I did not want, excellent work Codemasters...see video below on how it works.

I recently stumbled on this link, don't know who put it together but it absolutely took the fun factor to another level. Really makes you feel like you're "in the car" going around the track (short of VR which I've never used in a racing game)
Hello Rodriggo, thanks for showing some interest...and you are absolutely right, as adjusting the FOV in F1 2018 does indeed, "make you feel like you're in the car" on my triple screen set up 5760x1080.
I would have to tip my hat to Codemasters for doing a superb job in setting up the cars in F1 2018 with a nice perspective when sitting in the cockpit view so when you do adjust the FOV and bring everything closer, the dash readout / steering wheel still line up nicely and the side mirrors are still very usable....and although every car is slightly different I could still go into the 'Camera Options' and fine tune the cockpit to my personal liking...loving it
Below screen shot of the settings used for the Classic F1 - 'Ferrari 412 T2'
F1 2018 FOV Cockpit SETTINGS FERRARI 412 T2 copy.jpg
2a F1 2018 FERRARI 412 T2 Cockpit copy.jpg
Below 'Renault R26'
3a F1 2018 RENAULT R26 Mirror copy.jpg
Below 'McLaren MP4/6'
1 F1 2018 McLAREN MP4 6 Cockpit copy.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.