F1 2018 F1 2018: Brawn BGP-001 and Williams FW25 Revealed in New Trailer

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Brawn GP a.jpg F1 2018 Brawn GP b.jpg F1 2018 Brawn GP c.jpg F1 2018 Williams a.jpg F1 2018 Williams b.jpg F1 2018 Williams c.jpg
Codemasters have revealed the 2009 Championship winning Brawn BGP-001 and the Williams FW25 will be coming to the new F1 2018 racing game this year.

Building on the successful classic content initiative of the previous title, the upcoming new official Formula One racing game from Codemasters will once again feature a smattering of historically significant cars from Formula One racing of years past, and with a scheduled release of this August already confirmed, we now have our first two reveals from the British development studio.

Often requested during the run up to Formula One 2017 making its public debut, the Brawn GP BGP-001 that took Jenson Button to his one and only World Championship success in 2009 is a welcome addition to the game. Born from the ashes of the swiftly retreating Honda operation, Ross Brawn reportedly purchased the team for a nominal £1 at the end of 2008, quickly tying up a customer Mercedes deal and retaining his current driving strength of Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello, potentially saving both drivers careers from freefall after the late announcement of Honda's withdrawal for the 2009 season.

Little was expected of the now British flagged team heading into pre-season testing, despite Brawn using a design penned and funded by Honda the previous year, however expectations would be dramatically reassessed once the striking white and yellow car hit the circuit for the first time. Thanks to a neat design, a trick diffuser and the driving efforts of Button and Barrichello, the Brawn GP team would go on to secure an incredible eight Grand Prix wins over the course of the season, contributing to victory in both Drivers and Constructors World Championships before selling out to the returning Mercedes team.. and we all know what happened with that in the end...

The other car revealed today is the 2003 Williams FW25 of Juan Pablo Montoya and Ralf Schumacher, a rare Williams highlight in what continues to be a rather barren spell for this once great team.

Running under BMW power, the FW25 would prove to be a very solid package in the hands of Montoya and Schumacher, securing four race wins for the often volatile paring on their way to runners up in the 2003 Formula One Constructors Championship.

Codemasters Formula One Franchise Director, Paul Jeal:

“The inclusion of classic cars in last year’s game was a huge hit with our players and fans of the sport so we wanted to build on that with the inclusion of more classics in F1 2018,” he told us. “The Brawn is without doubt the most requested classic car by our passionate F1 community, so we are delighted to be bringing it to the game.

“To win both the drivers’ and constructors’ World Championships in your only season is a phenomenal achievement and made the Brawn instantly iconic, and not only that but it looks gorgeous too,” continued Paul. “The 2003 Williams was also a fantastic car, which got better as the season went on. Juan Pablo Montoya went on to record 8 podiums in a row, so I’m sure players will relish the opportunity to get behind the wheel of this car too.”
Both the Brawn and Williams will be included in the ‘Headline Edition’ of F1 2018, which is available for pre-order now, and will be available as DLC at a later date after launch.

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy with the first historic car announcement? What other F1 vehicles of years past would you like to see adding to the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Although I really love Brown car, that complete season and whole that... underdog phenomena... I can't see how is this important to F1 2018. :alien:
Wish they concentrate more on 2018 season. Like I said before... for me it's like - or whole (historic) field cars for one season or nothing. Maybe I lost my childhood imagination but now I found Peter Pan boring and racing historic cars from different season just doesn't work on me. But since we're already here...:D let me vote for McLaren 1985 car.
I just wished they wouldn't make this cars mandatory on the career in order to max out development.. Breaks the immersion for me
+1

I love Montoya and the Williamses he drove, not a care in the world about the Brawn.

Why no HP in the sidepods on the Williams? I mean it's not alcohol or cigarretes...
Also no FEDEX (FW), Oris, Nquitin or Budweiser(that one i can understand) what the hell?

Last edited:
better if that were FW26 imo, or MP4-20 if CM wants to add some none-champion cars.
Every year some more classic cars. But if they cannot race together, I mean, those classic cars in F1 2017 and in 2018 together, it would be a shame.
Thay are all classic cars of the same game series just not released together at the same time. It can't be only me who wants to race FW25 against F2002 and F2004

what he says is: everything was better in the past :whistling:
Thank you Eckhart von Gloogle. :thumbsup::geek:
But what about that "GP4" part. Like... Geoff did it ...better ? Omg, lmao. And does he want a GPL (which is one amazing game btw and a 100% simulation) or without a doubt arcade game like GP4 is !? :alien: Like I said... only He knows. And know what ? It's better to be left in dark in this case anyway.

Sponsor logos still have to be licensed.

There is one thing that goes through my mind, only a guess though.

When I did the liveries for the RiP team and their USF2000 car the logos you mention are no longer used by the companies. I had to track down older versions of it (or re-create them). For example the HP logo is now round not square. The ORIS logo is now different (not by much though) and so on. The Petrobas and Allianz logos are still the same.

If a company was being really difficult they may not allow any old brand marques to be used.

If the company is no longer around, it's not an issue of course :D

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 94 18.7%
  • €151-500

Votes: 134 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 9.9%