F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Wait seriously? Damn, just as I got my custom helmet ingame. What is it with codies and making things so damn hard. :sleep:
I was confirmed this by Lee Mather, Petar said he could possibly fix it but an .exe patch would probably be needed and he probably can't get to it for a while. Until then modding isn't worth while for me.

Lee Mather answered me on Twitter that we can't run mods and have the game save for now but maybe the ERP Archiver can get a patch to get around that.
He only said there's more security in 2017. I'm currently messing with ui_packages/erps/.json/.dds and the game saves just fine. Though I didn't try career yet, tbh.

Yeah but now CM uses texarrays, so I am unable to remove some bg textures... I tried removing material emb links but that didn't work out yet as I want it to be.

Mind if I see what your helmet in F1 2017 looks like anyway please?
Here it is:
nv2r2g.jpg

Only problem is, when viewed from far it fades into the original...
I cant upload the second image on tinypic so here is a imgur link: http://imgur.com/wUEliZU

Uh, could anyone open F1 2017\asset_groups\ui_package\flow_race.erp and edit Textures\overrides.osd.mfd_backgrounds.texarray and make the texarray empty?
I have no program which can handle texture array files. But without an empty file the mfd will always have a background.

With the ERP 2.0 you can edit helmets fine? With the 5.x you cant because of missing mipmaps =/
I cant seem to find the 2.x version. Only 4.x - 5.x

Anyone got it?

With the ERP 2.0 you can edit helmets fine? With the 5.x you cant because of missing mipmaps =/
I cant seem to find the 2.x version. Only 4.x - 5.x

Anyone got it?

Im using the 5.1 version and its working just fine. Although I have edited just my own career helmet..
Are you sure you have selected the F1 2017 folder in the settings tab as the "F1 2016" directory?

A question, is it possible to change your cap for career mode? That you have the snapback version (Like Hulk uses) instead of the normal one?
Guess i would have to do it in one of the files, but im a modding noob, so... :D

Even when you quit the game and then start it again the save is still there?
Yup. Quitted the game several times now and the helmet is still there.
Worth mentioning I guess if somebody ever wonders: If you drive the modern car, atleast for me, I have the fin/spoiler on my helmet. When ever I hop into a classic car it takes the fin away.
Yeah checked that several times =/
That is strange because im using the 5.1 and its working flawless.
Are you trying to mod a certain drivers helmet or some of the career helmets?
Only problem I have is that the previews wont work. Export and import still work like they should.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.7%