F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

I have been looking on 2016 but to no avail but does anyone know where the career drivers heads are located, I wanted to see if I can edit the textures of one of them

They aren't in the INCARDRIVER.ERP file so they must be located elsewhere

Anyone know?

Cheers

Yup. Quitted the game several times now and the helmet is still there.
Worth mentioning I guess if somebody ever wonders: If you drive the modern car, atleast for me, I have the fin/spoiler on my helmet. When ever I hop into a classic car it takes the fin away.

That is strange because im using the 5.1 and its working flawless.
Are you trying to mod a certain drivers helmet or some of the career helmets?
Only problem I have is that the previews wont work. Export and import still work like they should.
For my part, with the 5.1 I have preview on certain helmets and all the files that don't have previews failed to be exported...

EDIT : Okay, the export is ****ed up but I took my last year helmet and it could be imported with the mipmaps. All working fine in the game.

Last edited:
For my part, with the 5.1 I have preview on certain helmets and all the files that don't have previews failed to be exported...
the game is kind of weird but from what I've seen the problem is that there is currently no mipmap plugin that would be up to date for noesis or EEA which means you can only edit the helmets that use the 2016 type of mipmaps (or another compatible form of them) which are Grosjean and Hamilton. some erp files if edited stop the game from saving but incardriver might not do that from what I've heard.

So in conclusion currently only a few career helmets and Hamilton, Grosjean can be edited either through the Noesis 2016 mipmaps editing way which will make the game save fine, or then editing the incardriver erp which can still work but I'm not entirely sure.

I can confirm that 5.1 does work for me also. I can also save my career mode and continue playing it as normal. A few issues I have noted are small but I will bring them to light.

1. There is no Matte helmets in this game. I used the same matte from 2016 and no luck.
to also back this up none of the Force India's, Red Bull's or Toro Rosso's have matte helmets.

2. We cant test how far we can push it until the game does not save until we find a way to preview the textures before exporting them. Importing is fine. but exporting is the main issue.

3. If worst comes to worst and we cant find a work around for this game at all, it really isn't the end of the world. F1 2014 had a longer life span because 2015 & 2016 had difficulties at first. I have faith that we will find a way around this just like the past 7 games :)

-Kris

I don't know if this can help any of you guys with thinking if ways to fix these issues, I have discovered that you can export the dds files from F1 2017, by using ERP Archiver 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4.

Now the issue with that is that when you export them it gives you a blank texture with static in the at the top. Can't be converted and can't be imported into Photoshop, It is still an issue we have but hopefully this nugget of information helps :)

Kris

Here is my helmet for my carreer with Sauber :

EC7FE1B7AFEC41477858D1A2815FBE18BA2199ED

0855128229210D67A9530243B399F2A86C7A89FF

For me, the latest version of the ERP Archiver on the site (5.2, and also using 5.1), exports Hamilton and Grosjean's helmets fine, but none of the others.
I haven't tried importing any helmets yet, waiting for someone to make Vandoorne's Spa helmet (and I'll ask for a version without sponsors if I can't get rid of them myself), but yeah. Weird how only 2 helmets exported correctly (the ones that didn't were glitched when I opened them in both paint.net and photoshop, like how Kris described in his recent comment).
I tried to 'Export All' as well, but the exported ones were the same size as they are in the thumbnail in the archiver, which isn't very helpful.

I have been looking on 2016 but to no avail but does anyone know where the career drivers heads are located, I wanted to see if I can edit the textures of one of them

They aren't in the INCARDRIVER.ERP file so they must be located elsewhere

I can see them in the incardriver, listed below all the helmets. Or just search 'head' in the search bar in the archiver

--

Also, to @Kris: how did you get the helmet to be 3d in photoshop so you can look around it etc - I have cs5 and can't figure it out on my own (I never used the 3d helmets in 2016, just trial and error with the flat files for my helmets). I don't see an option for it to be in 3d mode like I can see on the top toolbar on your video.

Last edited:
My question could seems dumb but.. for the moment, every modded car installed won't let us save the game, so impossible to progress in career mode for example am I right ?

My question could seems dumb but.. for the moment, every modded car installed won't let us save the game, so impossible to progress in career mode for example am I right ?
yes, only exception would be a purely mipmaps modded car but as we don't currently to my knowledge have a noesis plugin for F1 2017 we can't do that

One thing i dont get, how do you guys create own helmets? Last year there was a problem (As far as i know).
Could someone explain how this works? And will you be able to save career progress?

Edit. Found out how to do it so its visible ingame^^

Last edited:
yes, only exception would be a purely mipmaps modded car but as we don't currently to my knowledge have a noesis plugin for F1 2017 we can't do that
Hmmm.. I didn't understand what you've meant. If we could edit the mipmaps only and not have to edit the .erp files it would work. The save issue happens because the game recognize that it's a "different" file. Wouldn't it be simpler to make the game believe that nothing has changed ?

Anyone know which path of this file (f1compounds.vcmpd.erp) in F1 2017?
In F1 2016 the path is F1 2016 \ f1_2016_vehicle_package \ tyrecompounds \ f1compounds.vcmpd.erp, but at 17 I did not find it, if you can inform me thank you.

Anyone know which path of this file (f1compounds.vcmpd.erp) in F1 2017?
In F1 2016 the path is F1 2016 \ f1_2016_vehicle_package \ tyrecompounds \ f1compounds.vcmpd.erp, but at 17 I did not find it, if you can inform me thank you.

asset_groups/f1_2017_vehicle_package/tyrecompounds
Makes it easier than last year, as last year it was in both locations, but now you just have to edit it in one location.

Hmmm.. I didn't understand what you've meant. If we could edit the mipmaps only and not have to edit the .erp files it would work. The save issue happens because the game recognize that it's a "different" file. Wouldn't it be simpler to make the game believe that nothing has changed ?
I assume we would be able to do only mipmaps edited and then it would not care as it only does the no performance files in there. We do need an update to the noesis plugin which we used to do F1 2016 helmets early in the game. Mipmaps only would cause the fading issue still but it would be better than nothing

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back