F1 2017 F1 2017 Introduces the 2010 Red Bull RB6!

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 - Red Bull RB6 2010 Classic.png

Codemasters have revealed the fourth of the upcoming classic cars from F1 2017 - the 2010 championship winning Red Bull RB6!

With the announcement that Formula One 2017 will feature a return of the popular classic content last seen in 2013, Codemasters have revealed the fourth car coming to the game will be Sebastien Vettel and Mark Webber's 2010 championship winning Red Bull Renault RB6...

Already announced as part of the classics package are the 1988 McLaren MP4/4 (as driven by Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna), the 1992 Williams FW14B (raced by Nigel Mansell and Riccardo Patrese), and the 2002 Ferrari F2002 (piloted by Rubens Barrichello and Michael Schumacher), with further announcements expected on the build up to game release in August.

Red Bull RB6 2010 Introducing Trailer:
Vettel and Webber secured an incredible nine wins, 15 pole positions and six fastest laps across the 2010 Championship winning season, proving to be a springboard for the future success of a squad who up to that point had struggled to piece together consistently competitive race results over a full season.

According to Codemasters Christian Horner, Team Principal of Red Bull Racing said: “The RB6 is our first Championship winning car, and as such is very special to us. 2010 was a dream year for Red Bull Racing, to achieve our ambition and to do so in such a compelling and dominant fashion was a fitting testament to the car, the drivers and commitment of the team. We are delighted the RB6 is included in the new F1 game as a classic car, it’s certainly a classic to us and I’m sure gamers will love driving it and trying to recreate those golden moments on track.”

Formula One 2017 by Codemasters looks set to become one of the biggest and most in depth officially licenced F1 racing games released to date. Codemasters have been a little bit reluctant to revel much detail on what the game will feel like come release day, however the British developers have confirmed the new game will include an "even deeper career mode, numerous multiplayer enhancements, and a brand new ‘Championships’ game mode", which should be well received by the many fans of the official series.

Formula One 2017 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in August 2017.

The Formula One 2017 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for all the latest news and discussions regarding the latest of the Formula One franchise of officially licenced games. Check in to keep track of the news and join in the discussion, and be sure to check out our racing club once the game releases to the public later this year!

Looking forward to F1 2017? Happy to see the 2010 RB6 coming to the classics portion of the game? Which other vehicles would you like to see? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 217114

They need to overhaul the yearly releases. Next year bring out F1. Just not name it F1 2018. Just F1 or Formula 1. Then in 2019 add new tracks, DLC, graphics make over, and new features and such. but hold the 2018 season. Then every year or half year add more. Like bug fixes and all that.

Perhaps lower Formula too. Then suddenly you have one of the best 'racings hubs' for years. In 2050 they still speak of this game cause it's so awesome.

Yearly releases are so 00's.

They need to overhaul the yearly releases. Next year bring out F1. Just not name it F1 2018. Just F1 or Formula 1. Then in 2019 add new tracks, DLC, graphics make over, and new features and such. but hold the 2018 season. Then every year or half year add more. Like bug fixes and all that.

Perhaps lower Formula too. Then suddenly you have one of the best 'racings hubs' for years. In 2050 they still speak of this game cause it's so awesome.

Yearly releases are so 00's.

Yep they could do a classic game as a offspin like WWE Allstars / WWE Legends of WrestleMania, EA already managed F1 Challenge 99-02,
Codemasters could easily do 2009-2019 if they wanted to in the future.
Hopefully Liberty Media have relaxed the rules for licensing certain cars.

I don't know why they don't try and go after that never raced surely their cheaper to license or only did one race and got banned like the BT46B, 312T6, FW08B or P34.

Last edited:
Great car to release imho and a definite classic in formula one for what it achieved in the sport.

Unfortunately although I know the game will be an improvement on the excellent 2016 version I simply cannot get excited until I hear they have a VR option or Dlc package around release or shorty after.

I wish them luck and good sales but for the love of god please include a vr option.

2010 is classic?! I guess my 2010 Hyundai sedan is a classic. I also still remember when F1 2010 was brand new. That was a great game.

I'm going to demand "classic" license plates for my 2009 Ford. DMV says 25 years or older (ouch, I remember those cars, and 1992 was NOT a good year for cars) but clearly the global authorities say otherwise.

For their historical car roster, I think it will be only WC cars (correct me if I am wrong).

For 2017 game I really hope they add more options in the advance controller, I play with a controller and not having the speed sensitivity option makes this game unplayable... you can play (obviously) but you are uncompetitive.

Visualy I hope rods don't go thru brake ducts anymore, I hope they fully make 3d model (like our wonderful modders with AC).

For their historical car roster, I think it will be only WC cars (correct me if I am wrong).

For 2017 game I really hope they add more options in the advance controller, I play with a controller and not having the speed sensitivity option makes this game unplayable... you can play (obviously) but you are uncompetitive.

Visualy I hope rods don't go thru brake ducts anymore, I hope they fully make 3d model (like our wonderful modders with AC).

Going by logic and the domance factor shouldn't we be getting some of the following too.

B194 or B195
MP4/13 or MP4/14
R25 or R26
BGP 001

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back