F1 2013 F1 2013 Pre Order Available On Steam

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi
I am checking to see if i purchase the game from steam, can i download it on another computer the files only and then install it on my computer? The reason why is that i could download it faster at work then home, thus saving time and bandwith. So i would download it on work save it on disk and install it at home.
Thanks

Yes you can do that. You just need to place the folder in the correct place and then tell steam to install when you are at home. It should find and verify the current files and then download any that are missing. You will require to still download through steam at work though.

If I had any problems with the game suddenly deciding it doesn't want to work for what ever reason I usually delete and replace with a backup folder that did work and the above process worked fine. I also did the same thing with Borderlands 2 from my computer to my brothers and that worked.

As Mike says above, it should work.

You will need to install Steam on your work PC.

It would also be a good idea to disable (temporarily) Steam Guard on you home PC, if you use it. If you don't disable it, you will have to authorise your work PC, which means an email containing a code will be sent to your registered email address. You will have to enter that code in Steam on your work PC.

So I would recommend disabling it via your home Steam client, before installing Steam on the work PC.

Visit the Steam shop on your work PC to install Steam here

Disable/Enable Steamguard on you home PC in Steam > Steam Menu > Settings > Account Tab :-

steamguard_zpscd18a304.jpg

Once you have installed Steam on you work PC, you will need to copy the game folder from the the install onto USB stick or disk, a USB stick would be more convenient, and they are pretty cheap nowadays. I would suggest a 16 GB stick, as I expect the install to be at least 10 GB.

Browse to your Steam install folder > steamapps > common > copy the F1 2013 folder

When you get home copy the F1 2013 folder to you home install - Steam.> steamapps > common folder

Select the F1 2013 game in your game list and select 'install'

It should check and verify your files, and download any missing files.

Just for info, on Steam all 3 of the pre-order purchase awards are now unlocked.

• Free F1 Race Stars game
  • 50% off coupon for any Codemasters game on Steam (except F1 2013).
  • Free F1 2012 to use or to gift to a friend

Interesting that with 5 days (ish) left until release, there has been no pre-load announced yet. Perhaps it will start during the working week.

Last year F1 2012 started pre-loading 7 days before release.

EDIT: Got my free copy of F1 2012 today (Monday 30th Sept). So look out for your copy now, if you want to gift it to someone :)

Last edited:
Codemasters have stated that the Steam countdown clock is wrong, and that they have asked Steam to fix it.

At the time of writing this post, the position is :-

Game will release on Friday the 4th @ 00:01, just after midnight. Not sure what time zone they refer to because Hatta said Midnight CET, and Loore just says 00:01.

CET is one hour ahead of BST and 2 hours ahead of GMT (UTC).

CM has stated that pre-loading should begin tomorrow, Tuesday 1st October, but they are not sure at what time

Source

A strange decision by Codemasters for those that have bought the Standard Edition/PC Disk Version, and want to upgrade to the Classic Edition via Steam

It is NOT one 'Classic' DLC Pack, it is split into 2 packs :-

1/ Classic 1990's Car Pack - £6.49 - Steam Page Here
The F1 Classics: 1990s Pack includes six iconic cars from Ferrari and Williams and a host of legendary drivers including Jacques Villeneuve, Eddie Irvine, David Coulthard and more.
2/ Classic Track Pack - £6.49 - Steam Page Here
The Classic Tracks Pack includes two iconic FORMULA ONE™ circuits. Experience incredible Imola - past home of the San Marino GRAND PRIX - and master Estoril, former host of the Portuguese GRAND PRIX.

Last edited:
It takes the load off the Steam servers when the game actually unlocks.

So many people will try to download and run the game immediately it is released, thus slowing down everyone's download. So spread the load over a few days by pre-loading. When it unlocks there is less to do.

Have you tried :-

1/ Steam > Right Click on F1 2013 > Properties > Local Files Tab > Verify Integrity of Game cache

This checks all your game content and downloads missing or broken files. It might pick up on the fact that your content is missing.

2/ If that doesn't work you could try F1 2013 > Properties > Local Files Tab > Delete Local Content

**Note that the 2nd option will un-install the game removing all files. Then when you select to install it again, it will re-download everything. You could be left in the same position as you are now though. It's a risk only you can decide to take or not, especially if you have limited bandwidth**

3/ Different countries may have different selling methods for this game (USA comes to mind). So if you didn't buy direct from Steam, was there a Classic DLC code sent to you by email or in the DVD box?

If there is a code, then Steam > Games Menu > 'Activate a product on Steam'

If this doesn't work, you will have to contact Steam Support

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play