F1 2013 F1 2013 Pre Order Available On Steam

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Have a look at the small-print at the bottom of the offer.

You will not get the any unlock until the NEXT unlock target is reached. Even when that happens, it will not be necessary immediately after reaching that target.

Level 1 - F1 Race Stars Game

Level 2 - 50% coupon ---->>> F1 Race Stars game could unlock at any time

Level 3 - Free F1 2012 ---->>> 50% coupon could unlock at any time, and I guess F1 2012 also

Small-print
*Rewards will be back-filled once we reach the next level.
**Tier rewards may not be granted immediately after reaching the goal.

Steam Page

The will probably turn up in you Steam Inventory with a message pop-up. Use the 'envelope' icon at the top of the Steam application (next to your account name)

Last edited:
It can always be gifted to someone who has kids.

I will have to check the terms and conditions of the 50% coupon, and how long it is valid for. Sure you can't use it to buy another copy of F1 2013, but what about F1 2014 in a years time? :cautious: :)

For some reason F1 Race Stars was hidden in my un-installed games, I just display my installed games in Steam normally.

So I received no notification that a new game was in my inventory. So I never got the choice to give it away. Oh well, never mind :)

hello everybody,

so my question for now is: i cant find any infos on when to download the game.
as for the huge file size i think it would make sense to start the download earlier. (only have a 3Mbit connection due to some provider issues).
it would take days for me.

anybody knows when the download is open?
thanks for your answers and comments...

Greets Andi

On Steam they usually pre-load games a few days, or perhaps as much as a week in advance. This helps them as well as you, as it reduces the strain on their servers, when the actual release day come around.

When the time comes for pre-load, there is usually a pre-load button that becomes available for you to click, within the Steam client.

If we assume that the game is similar in size as F1 2012, at around 10 GB, then that would take around 11.5 hours @ 2 Mbits, or around 7.5 hours @ 3 Mbits.

As you normally have days to carry out the download in advance, then it shouldn't be a problem for you. Steam will just do it's job in the background, you also don't have to do it all in one day. You can can shut down your PC and resume the download at another time.

Cheers :)

On Steam they usually pre-load games a few days, or perhaps as much as a week in advance. This helps them as well as you, as it reduces the strain on their servers, when the actual release day come around.

When the time comes for pre-load, there is usually a pre-load button that becomes available for you to click, within the Steam client.

If we assume that the game is similar in size as F1 2012, at around 10 GB, then that would take around 11.5 hours @ 2 Mbits, or around 7.5 hours @ 3 Mbits.

As you normally have days to carry out the download in advance, then it shouldn't be a problem for you. Steam will just do it's job in the background, you also don't have to do it all in one day. You can can shut down your PC and resume the download at another time.

Cheers :)

thank you very much for your detailed answer. :)

No problem.

Another possibility is to buy the Standard Edition on disk, and if you want the Classic Edition, you just buy the Classic DLC via Steam on day one.

How much downloading required is debatable, because nobody is sure how they will do it this year, with 2 editions of the game.

Last year with F1 2012, when you bought it on PC DVD, it was only half the game. The disk installed around 4.5 GB of the game, then when you registered the game on Steam, there was another 5GB download to complete the game.

With F1 2013 Standard Edition this year, will they do the same? Or will they put all of the game on a Double Density disk, or 2 DVD set?

Whatever you do, there will be less downloading in total if you choose the PC DVD disk option, then upgrade to Classic Edition via Steam if you wish.

If you just want the Standard Edition, it could all be on disk, or more likely half of it will be, therefore cutting your download size in half.

Hope this isn't confusing ..... :)

no it isnt...
i already preordered the game for about 45 euros inluding all DLCs.
if the pre-load option would not become avaliable, i will take my notebook, go to my paretnts and download it there.

steam is cheaper than regular, but that are the disadvantages (10gB in total)...

thank you for your kind support. :)

Cheers andi

Hi
I am checking to see if i purchase the game from steam, can i download it on another computer the files only and then install it on my computer? The reason why is that i could download it faster at work then home, thus saving time and bandwith. So i would download it on work save it on disk and install it at home.
Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back