F1 2012 Total Overhaul

Would it be possible to remove limiter when driving off the track? :)
I tried that but for now i can't say for sure if it is possible or it isn't.
When i removed the "slowdown" effect for the surfaces i thought it was good, but then i tested on Catalunya and it wasn't. I did an extensive test to remove it, but for now, still CM 1 vs Bob 0. :roflmao:
Maybe this is hard coded and the game use this "auto-brake" in a part of the track that is not "marked", because i removed all the data on the surface file to see the effects and guess what, the car used the auto-brake on the entire track, every surface :(

Handling/Physics:
Increase braking power

That one is important!
In-game you take high brake pressure and large disk. Take Abu Dhabi track you need to brake at 125 meters and don't get a lock-up!
*PS: i use controller, not a steering wheel

In real life they brake at 100 meters or even later, depends on what stage of the race they are.

I tried that but for now i can't say for sure if it is possible or it isn't.
When i removed the "slowdown" effect for the surfaces i thought it was good, but then i tested on Catalunya and it wasn't. I did an extensive test to remove it, but for now, still CM 1 vs Bob 0. :roflmao:
Maybe this is hard coded and the game use this "auto-brake" in a part of the track that is not "marked", because i removed all the data on the surface file to see the effects and guess what, the car used the auto-brake on the entire track, every surface :(

Maybe stupid idea, but what happens if you mark everything as track? Theoretically it should never use auto brake then.
No clue if this is even possible though, it just crossed my mind ^^

Handling/Physics:
Increase braking power
In real life they brake at 100 meters or even later, depends on what stage of the race they are.

My guess is that at least a partial solution to this is in the .ctf files (one per car per track) and there the value brake_torque which was lowered for f12012 to 2600 compared to 3200 in F12011 (i.e. they made the brakes weaker at least on paper). Haven't tested this though.

Wow, I can't imagine how much time it took you to test that, nice job!

Also, it looks like in "track/x/x/x/ai_track.xml", we can change the whole racing line for the AI, including the position of the brake points, that are normally modded in ai_vehicle_track. It looks like a pain to do changes to that file, but it's possible to completely change the way the AI drives a track. (NOTE: converting this file can't be done with Fergo/Gulbroz binxml, use RBC)

Hi Ryder,

I didn't have time to take a look inside these ai_track files yet, but do they contain a bunch of coordinates which denote the AI's ideal line (perhaps including braking points?)

Thanks!

I think i remember this file. If im not wrong is the one BIG file, with the gates, and safe retire locations right? I know its this one or the other file with track info in the tracks folder. I think this is the file the SC system uses along with the triggers_pit file to check if a crash happened inside the "SC zone". WillsB3 is working on a Tool to help us to map the tracks for the SC, but with the tool, probably we will be able to change these other things, like the racing line max left/right and the braking zones. For now the only way i know to do it right is to open the track file on Max or 3Dsimed and check the x/y locations, works good but its a pain.... :roflmao:

Yeah, definitely a major pain to do it that way. I'm excited so see what you guys are cooking up :)

WillsB3 Yeah it contains the whole AI driving line, and also has something about retire lines, and I think the path for going into the pits as well.

I have no idea how to open track.vis, but based on the raceload jpk, in the track loader xml, it says something about visibility manager.

As for track.jpk, I have no idea what the files inside it are for. Maybe something to do with reducedmechanics, whatever that means, because the file extension of the files is .rm.

I have no idea how to open track.vis, but based on the raceload jpk, in the track loader xml, it says something about visibility manager.

As for track.jpk, I have no idea what the files inside it are for. Maybe something to do with reducedmechanics, whatever that means, because the file extension of the files is .rm.
When i extract them it has something like .cqcv or cqct like that don't know what was in there
If we open the track.vis may be we can have some more details about the track

Hi,

interesting to see that you are working on one big mod, sort of what I had in mind too.

I have adjusted the players' cars for all tracks except monaco and singapore to match realistic pole times. Adjusted top speeds, gears and reduced/increased grip for some tracks.
Tested in gp mode short qualifying. On some tracks (suzuka, delhi, texas) times are still slower than in reality, or grip would have to be massively increased.
But I guess that would have to be a design choice: as times in the real 2012 season towards the end came much closer to 2011 pole times (delhi was even faster than 2011) times in the first half of 2012 were quite a bit off 2011 times.
One would have to choose which grip level is the one you like.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back