F1 2012 F1 2012 Demo

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
You can easily outbreak AI and finishing 1st while starting at the very back. All that within 4-5 laps. I'm looking forward to racing against legend AI however I don't expect a great change.

Everybody who wants to do a 5 laps race at Abu Dhabi should just put all the files of the "Abu Dhabi" folder to the "Monza" folder (you can find them this way: steamapps/common/f1 2012 demo/tracks/circuits) and overwrite all the files. Make a backup of the "Monza" folder before if you like to race at Monza again later on.

You can easily outbreak AI and finishing 1st while starting at the very back. All that within 4-5 laps. I'm looking forward to racing against legend AI however I don't expect a great change.

Everybody who wants to do a 5 laps race at Abu Dhabi should just put all the files of the "Abu Dhabi" folder to the "Monza" folder (you can find them this way: steamapps/common/f1 2012 demo/tracks/circuits) and overwrite all the files. Make a backup of the "Monza" folder before if you like to race at Monza again later on.

Well, it's gonna be around 30% difference. Not much, a few seconds. Maybe 2-3 seconds a lap.

Xbox 360, wheel.
What should I change in wheel settings to get rid of the horrible twitchiness on the straights?
Loved the handling in F1 2011, I never changed anything under wheel settings there, but I have to change something here.

I wounder if CM released the demo so they could see how it worked for people so if a patch was needed they could be working on one and have it ready earlier than if they hadn't released a demo (makes us the beta testers lol).

Three "P's" came to mind after spending a few hours playing the demo:

Patience, Persistence and Precision

It's just sooo different from 2011, as long as it is getting truer to life then I'm happy. Not impressed with the PS3 graphics though.

What times are you guys getting in the quali at monza?

I've figured out the understeer issue with a bit of close analysing.

The game has a speed sensitivity type filter on, it limits how much steering angle it allows you to apply based on your speed and gear choice. After you hit the limit for your speed the game ignores further input and you can even feel this through the wheel's FFB and see it on screen (The wheel hits a sort of squidgy dead zone feeling), in order to then add more lock you have to slow down. As the speed decreases through a corner the ammount of steering angle available increases, in a low speed 1st gear corner the squidgy dead zone is completely gone because 100% steering angle is available.

It is a strange system but its liklely responsable for both the lack of typical dynamic oversteer effects and the understeer.

Just had another ago at the demo, is there anyway to turn off the look-to-apex? That really screws with me.

And anyone got gamepad settings that work half decently on PC? The wheel is too clunky to have it on and off every day for one game. I'd like to be able to drive with my controller like I could do in 2010.

Nah i dont think so, cause apparently this build is old. APPARENTLY, unreliable sources but could be true.

True, the twitchiness could have been reduced in a later build. Looking at video's, it seems to be less twitchy but that could be also due to changes made to the controller settings.

Has anyone played the demo on all 3 platforms?

I wounder if the twitchiness is different on any of them, i only have a PC now so can't test this out.

Im really enjoying the gameplay,only the straightline twitchness needs to get fixed,but in the 5 laps Monza with lowest downforce settings the car feels great in my opinion,Im driving with the t500 with F1 rim on PlayStation for now but ive preordered it for the pc luckly,because the graphics on ps3 are a bit disappointing for me,i havent played the demo on pc yet but i think the graphics are much better...atleast i cant wait for next friday,Im rlly looking forward too this one.

• Deleted member 115516

Xbox 360, wheel.
What should I change in wheel settings to get rid of the horrible twitchiness on the straights?
Loved the handling in F1 2011, I never changed anything under wheel settings there, but I have to change something here.
i just went back to see my f12011 settings and copied them over. seems similar.

• Deleted member 115516

I've figured out the understeer issue with a bit of close analysing.

The game has a speed sensitivity type filter on, it limits how much steering angle it allows you to apply based on your speed and gear choice. After you hit the limit for your speed the game ignores further input and you can even feel this through the wheel's FFB and see it on screen (The wheel hits a sort of squidgy dead zone feeling), in order to then add more lock you have to slow down. As the speed decreases through a corner the ammount of steering angle available increases, in a low speed 1st gear corner the squidgy dead zone is completely gone because 100% steering angle is available.

It is a strange system but its liklely responsable for both the lack of typical dynamic oversteer effects and the understeer.
like real life.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea