My 2011 wish list:

1. Safety Car
2. Different engineers
3. Be able to be a reserve driver, and can be replaced juring the season
4. More options in Set-up
5. News feed like f106, but more information
6. different drivers can me moved to other teams
7. be approached by a new team
8. Approach a team, with current career earnings like HRT and pay for a seat.
9. Take part in Tests like Jerez
10. Awards ceramony
11. Podium
12. Warm up Lap
13. Be able to drive to the grid on Race days
14. Be able to see are current resaults
15. personalize are charactor
16. Personalize Helmet (Default helmets, then able to add team sponsors)
17. Be able to be injured, when crashed hard in previous race
18. Engine blowups (More sensative engines)
19. Different failers (Engine, Gearbox, Brakes, KERS)
20. A modded controller, like with KERS button

This is a fun game, but it definitely has a way to go before it is a great game.

It would be nice to have the AI cars actually use the fuel sim.

It would be nice for all cars (AI and human controlled) to have sporadic mechanical failures.

It would be nice to give a less tolerate limit to damage. Thanks to an AI mod, I have had some AI opponents spin out in front of me in races and sometimes I have been unable to avoid hitting them. To date I have suffered only minor damage to my front wing after these collisions, but to tell you the truth my car should have been trashed and I should have been out of the race (oh and my Damage is set to full).

I have other wishes for things like some sort of podium celebration, but to tell you the truth that is eye candy.

1.) Improved AI, the AI in F1 2010 are much too slow.
2.) Safety car (maybe turned on/off based on difficulty level?)
3.) Career import from F1 2010
4.) Mechanical failures
5.) More variation in interview Q/A
6.) More variation in engineer conversations
7.) Drivers move teams and position in team between seasons based on performance

1.Is there going to be an F1 2011(game)?
2.Are the developers going to listen to what we have to say here?
3.Are they going to put in the game what ideas/suggestions we give here?

I think F1 2011 should be done so it would also cover the 2012 season. That's if you do the game right. Buying a new game every year is a scam. Other than better physics, graphics, and everything looking like the real deal, what I really would like is for the game to have real timing. I want the real times done on a circuit to be the same in the game. If you are playing in the 2011 season on China, you shouldn't be able to beat that time in the game, only get really close to it, and if using that same car. As the real season progresses all the times will be updated from the previous season. I guess it's like the basketball games where player performance is updated daily and put into the game. Let's say teamA's fastest quali was Xtime, and in the race Ytime as their fastest lap, that means when you play the most you can hope for in quali using teamA is Xtime, and Ytime for the race, weather conditions being the same. That's why I think 2011 should encompass the 2012 season so they can have the game before the 2013 season when the new regs come in play(pipe dream).

the visor of the helmet creates a lot of distortion and really limits vision to make it more realistic.

No they don't. They certainly do not create any distortion, and you can still use a fair amount of your peripheral vision. Although I do agree a view from inside the helmet would be cool, and have the shake and vibration effects adjustable in a percentage.

What I want to see:

Career
- Team Manager mode
I think it would be awesome if when you start you could choose to be a team manager, an engineer or a driver. And if you choose team manager you could create your own team (slightly customisable model with uploadable liveries) where you can hire your staff and drivers, manage R&D (engineers tell you where the car is lacking, and what not), manage sponsors, merch, deal with the press in regards to problems with the team (rivalries between drivers, engineer swaps, DNFs, etc.). I'm thinking something along the lines of the game Pole Position by Kalypso, except with much more interaction with engineers, drivers and the press.

- Engineer mode
Where you decide what to change and try in R&D (wheelbase, wing shapes and position, engine, suspension layout, and heaps more), and do all the setup for your driver (with feedback from the driver of course) and manage the strategy and tyres for the weekend.

- Driver mode
Like what is in the game but with much more detailed interviews with a hell of a lot more different outcomes and concequences with your response, the ability to interact with your engineer who manages your setup so you can tell him what is wrong with the car or what you think needs changing, and also to request changes on the car for R&D (different dash board layout, bigger/smaller this or that, more front grip blah blah blah) or request for an engineer swap. Also the ability to interact with other teams off track, the ability to control your reaction on in laps and on the podium, and maybe the ability to acquire personal sponsorship. You should also be able to hire/fire your manager, with each manager looking/sounding different but also making you look different to the press/other teams/fans. Another thing is a fan rating, where the fans think you are awesome, arrogant, cool, hot headed etc. based on the way you act on the in laps, on the podium, and in interviews but also your crashes.

I think it would be cool as hell to have an online multiplayer career mode where everyone can be a team manager, an engineer, a driver or anything with a bunch of different teams and AI filling up the empty spots. Maybe they could schedule in game when the races are and what not.

The Races
- AI. Finish coding it, get rid of all the bugs, find a way to make qualifying real, make driver performance more realistic and finally; make it way more adjustable like in rFactor (PLR file included).

- Include the warm up lap and gridding up, complete with the wait with all the crowd and media around as well as the pit babes. Make this all optional of course.

- Safety car, and when there is a crash don't just make it disappear, leave it there complete with the crew cleaning up the mess. Also make the AI keep a reasonable space and make them weave where it is safe, and occasionally make the mistake (Vettel and Hamilton anyone?).

- The out lap, where you can press buttons to make a reaction (good or bad) with each reaction making the car jiggle or whatever so that you risk crashing out, thus making you think before acting like a maniac and constantly pressing the button to give you a good image.

- Pitting. Make it real and drivable, and also so you can run into other teams wheels or cars, or even get stuck behind traffic waiting to get into your pit bay.

Physics
- Real setup. Real gearbox values, angles for wings, actual dimensions for ride heights, real spring rates, etc. and also more detail in the setup like diff settings, fast/slow and bounce/rebound damper settings, 3rd springs, etc.

- Better, more realistic physics. Nobody goes 350 km/h around Turkey in real life, how come we can do it in this game? Make the tyre curves better, and give the cars more feel.

- Make the FFB better. I don't know what to do, just make it better so we have better feel.

- Make the track/weather dynamics much better so that it's virtually impossible to drive on slicks in the wet and also so the weather/racing lines are more dramatic.

Graphics/Sounds
- Better tyre scrubbing sounds so we can hear what the car is doing roughly.

- Engine sounds sourced from proper recordings from each team.

- As for lighting, see RDDev.

- Lighten up the menus and loading screens, they don't need to be like that, nobody cares for it.

- Let us upload/use custom menu sets, helmets, liveries and all that in game (on PS3 and 360 as well).

That's about all I can think of for now. If they somehow implemented all of this for the next game and had the physics good enough to rival iRacing/good rFactor mods, I would be hella impressed and would definitely have a new favourite game of all time.

I don't think that this thread makes sense, at least organised this way.

For Codemasters to take up ideas from us, we've got to be oraganised so that the most wanted features are easily recognisable, not lost within 125 pages of "my wishes" posts.

We should:
_ gather the 30(or so) most wanted features
_ document them (what exactly does it brings ? If possible, mockups)
_ vote to order them (NEEDED ! / Wanted / Would be nice / just in case...)

I am afraid CM will start coding (or have started ?) soon, so no time to loose !

I don't think that this thread makes sense, at least organised this way.

For Codemasters to take up ideas from us, we've got to be oraganised so that the most wanted features are easily recognisable, not lost within 125 pages of "my wishes" posts.

We should:
_ gather the 30(or so) most wanted features
_ document them (what exactly does it brings ? If possible, mockups)
_ vote to order them (NEEDED ! / Wanted / Would be nice / just in case...)

I am afraid CM will start coding (or have started ?) soon, so no time to loose !

This thread doesn't make sense organised the way it is.
It does to me.. it is a wishlist.. people post what they want, when they think of it, albeit at different times to others and also when they get the time to log on too, so if they post something that others think of does that then negate their own wish? I don't think so it is their wishlist they are adding to a thread that others add to as well.
Lost within 125 pages.
I only see 18 pages, to date, what are you looking at to see 125 pages then, or are you attempting to be a tad sarcastic? Somehow I don't think so.
We should.
Tell me, is this the royal "WE"? Because I don't see you adding to the list at all. All you've done is knock it!
Document them.
Go ahead.. if you seem to have the time to do so, fine by me, and others too no doubt.
Vote.
You can always start a new thread with a poll and list all the "wishes" that people have listed on their posts.. or will the royal "We" be brought into play on this one then?

If you are that concerned about this issue... and it would seem that you have so far read through all 18 pages (I don't see 125 pages, as you claim that is listed) of what people have put on their "Wish Lists" then please... do go ahead and document them for CM yourself.
This thread does what it says. It is a wishlist!
It doesn't hold therefore that CM will ever put these into the game to improve either gameplay or the "visual" side of things either (it would be bloody great if they did though and totally updated F1 2010 too) but somehow you'll find that they'll probably add a few to the game.
No doubt modders may work on some of the ideas to see if they can add them in though, as some ideas no doubt could work with the game as it stands at the present time.

There are lots of very good ideas listed in this thread and no doubt CM will be making a new version of the game for people to go out and buy, instead of patching the F1 2010 game as "papering over the cracks" as it were with a patch can, and does sometime, lead to other problems surfacing.

Ideally they should have tested this game more thoughtfully and thoroughly with a beta version for people to try for a good few months prior to launch as it seems to me they didn't do this at all, with all the problems that surfaced right from the start.

So someone maybe (no royal "we" either), can always sift through this thread and list all the "wishes" listed in order and send them to CM. ie YOU!

If I seem a tad sharp and "rude", then apologies... it is now 05:30am and I'm up for work, someone has to get the country off to a start, and it's my turn today!
No coffee yet, listening to 5Live and England giving the Aussies a spanking at the Waca, currently the Aussies are 78-5, as play has just resumed after lunch!

A lot of the things i would like to add are already listed but one isnt..

In Nascar Racing 2003 (papyrus) the AI will "learn" your speeds and times, and get harder after each race.
For example - if you start with the AI set to 90%, do really well, lapping within a range of the real track record, the AI adjusts its self to get harder next time you go back. Of course you can go an disable that feature, but i enjoy racing with increasingly harder AI.

I think that this AI feature should be added in as well.

Better AI - I think the reasons 'why' have been covered but it is quite important!
Better weather forecasting - I want to know roughly when it will start/stop raining in order that I can optimise my strategy accordingly. whilst we're at it, the idea that it can rain like a monsoon in Q1, then be absolutely bone dry 10 mins later in Q2 defies logic.
Better 'Quick Setup' feature - My engineer should be able to tell me what setup I should stary P1 on given the track, rather than the vague defaults we have currently. Additionally, when my team mate is out qualifying me, I want to know what his setup is.
Better in game feedback from my engineer - the sound loops are annoying and pointless. Telling me driver x is 5 secs behind me when he's actually have way up my exhaust is not helpful. Tell me the actual splits! To that end, what about pit boards?
Amend the penalty system - Giving me a 10 sec penalty for causing an accident when actually, it was the stupid AI that drove into ME is frustrating to say the least.

Generally, make F1 2011 less of a game and more of a simulation please.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 169 87.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 56 29.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 70 36.3%