F1 2011 F1 2011 wish list

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Tracks are awesome, no work needed there imo.

as an option (lobby preference) - have a one shot showdown for qualifying to speed things up. (1 lap each)

as an option (lobby preference) - Warm up lap

as default - Own control over the starting procedure, ie false starts etc and as an option - stalling

In order of relevance:

-
TELEMETRY, so we can understand how we really use the potentiality of the car (like they do in reality).

-
LAP TIME, third sector and, when testing, the list of your laps (like they do in reality).

-
TEST, Before the season start (like they do in reality).

i'd like to see a directors mode for the cameras so that it's possible to see different cars in different actions on the track like in gp4 or F1, because i my opinion ist's boring and unreal to see always only the own car. And correct TV Overlays like in real F1 would be great

I would like to be able to watch replays from any car, as per GTR2/Race-On, plus the ability to save replays. A facility to add on tracks, The correct onscreen G force display as per TV, plus a GP2 option to learn the tracks with an easier to drive car would be nice.

Really? Then there would have not been a Korean track this year in the game. Honestly the 2010 tracks were brilliantly done already.

Laser scan would not improve the tracks, laser scan is just a word and there's more than one way to cook a chicken. If they have to spend all the time and money to do that, it means less time improving things that matter. I personally don't think that most of the tracks would be helped by laser scanning, Monaco is basicly perfect, by far x1000 better than in any other game, the quality of tracks in F1 2010 is already at the level of Iracing.

really? i don't think so

if you have seen any onboard videos of real life(in which im sure you haven't) the difference is day and night

see the difference between f1 2010 and real life

vs

vs

i don't know if you notice but to in f1 2010 there is virtually no bumps at all

really? i don't think so

if you have seen any onboard videos of real life(in which im sure you haven't) the difference is day and night

see the difference between f1 2010 and real life

vs

vs

i don't know if you notice but to in f1 2010 there is virtually no bumps at all

you're comparing f1 2010 time trial mode to real life, time trial is just rediculous on this game, its like 0% realistic.
the only problem ive noticed with the track modelling is Chapel curve (the left hander onto hangar straight) on silverstone.. its far too tight on F1 2010. other than that, they did a stella job.
as for what id like to see..
safety cars
improves physics (spinning out from ur inside unloaded tire touching a curb -especially on singapore- is very frustrating and unrealistic)
better car modelling - some cirular things on cars may as well just be square.
as well everythin everyone has said about the crappy AI

you're comparing f1 2010 time trial mode to real life, time trial is just rediculous on this game, its like 0% realistic.
the only problem ive noticed with the track modelling is Chapel curve (the left hander onto hangar straight) on silverstone.. its far too tight on F1 2010. other than that, they did a stella job.
as for what id like to see..
safety cars
improves physics (spinning out from ur inside unloaded tire touching a curb -especially on singapore- is very frustrating and unrealistic)
better car modelling - some cirular things on cars may as well just be square.
as well everythin everyone has said about the crappy AI

how is time trial relevant to the modeling of the track?

for you viewing pleasure

• Evanlw85

My Wish List is based around having more immersion into the game...

* Improved Damage Model, Locking wheels with another can should have dire consequences,
* Podium Celebration (including the Webber frog-jump!)
* Safety Car + Cleanup crew.
* Force Feedback Tweaks for Porsche 911 Turbo (very unrealisic feedback at present. I'm sure real f1 cars don't automatically pull to the left at the starting grid)
* Option to race against real telemetry from the real races, ghost cars would work well... unless they can come up with some dynamic interation thing which would be very cool.
* Accurate tv style cameras for replays. Plus additonal camera angles... Stadium views etc.
* Saved replay
* Ability to switch cars within replays.
* FOV adjustable
* Ability to view team mates car setup
* Custom Helmets
* Better Pitstops, have to wait WAY too long for a clear lane.
* More variation and detail in engineers in-race and in-garage comments, very repetitive in 2010.
* Better AI

Important.

* Make F1 2011 Less GRID/DIRT like. The game feels very GRID/DIRT like, which is a good thing in that they were fantastically fun games. But F1 is a different world, it's not gritty like DIRT and crazy like GRID.
F1 is a powerful and elegant MotorSport, arguably the highest level of racing and this should be reflected in the games menus and transitions.

Tracks in this game are incredibly detailed so i second that thought .Do not touch the tracks .They are the best part of the game including the drain gutters on the sides.

Mechanical failures , really no-nonsense menus ( more mature looking ) , tire smoke enhanced, sparks on bottoming out or exiting particular corners .etc.Enable pure sim mode turning off most assists including steering assist.I dont even see that option in f1 2010.

A pure PC game in short. :) .A game 'as seen on TV' .

window chat to write with the players easily.
explications about how earn level in multiplayer mode.
mode with helmet cam for all players.
more info in carrer mode about your points in all tracks not only your possition in championship.
better replay mode including a button to start recording

1. career mode like "wrc the game 2010" were you will start from the beginning - karting then gp2/gp3 then they will hire you if they like your skills(finishing place) then theres a championship mode( just direct f1 season)
2. red flag
3. safety car system with auto/manual driving behind safety car for "fair" driving
4. better ai system ( fast but sometimes fails to finish the race just like real f1 driver they don't always finish the race because of tech difficulties)
5. telemetry system
6. tv style replay, viewing ai while in the garage during practice/qualifying
7. better physics
8. more live the life experience ( just like others want walkable poddock or even garage while in practice, podium cgi ect)

we all wan't more from this game hope some of them can come true!

Wish list for F1 2011

1) Accidents,safety cars,red flags,mechanical failures...when was the last time,dear CM,where all the grid finishes a race unharmed?
2) A really imersing,evolving AI during the race...F1 is WAR.
3) Deeper setup options,deeper simulation.
4) A head mechanic that really help you during race with strategies to follow.

F1 2010 is a great racing game but it's not an F1 game! Let us hope that F1 2011 will be.

• Dperme

There are a few things that really needs to be adjusted and inserted.
1. Safety Cars
2. Formation Lap
3. More crashes
4. Blown up Engines (Water and fire)
5. Marshals waving the flags at the side of the track
6. PLEASE adjust the lollypop man in the pits (I sometimes stand there for 8seconds, even when there is not another racer in the vicinity)
7. Different faces for the engineers in the garage (according the team)
8. a better time display. (The car in front of you - The time between him and you - Your Car - The time between your car and the car behind you - The car behind you). All this on the bottom of your screen.

Kind Regards

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies