F1 2011 F1 2011 wish list

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
definately add saftey cars, makes the race so much more interesting, in sprint mode online maybe make the cars ghost so there's no more ramming each other on the first corner of the race, that WINDS ME UP!!!! mechanical failures aswell... a good idea would be to have a create your own team mode where you have to run through r&d pre season and design your own colour scheme on the car, etc. that would be amazing!!!

Better use of Force Feedback
I want to undertsand when car is sliding or not FFB is made for that.
The focus should be on driving experience, the player should feel what to drive means.
Kinds Regards
Giacomo

I would like to see:
1. Day/night transition in Abu Dhabi (very important)
2. More advanced car setups
3. Better replay outside view sound
4. Revving up the engine before driving away while doing a pitstop
5. 500 degree streering wheel angle (250 degrees to left and right)
6. Better shape of the steering wheels. Now all steering wheel have the same shape. In real F1 every team has a different shape of steering wheel
7. More skidmarks on the kerbs and the white lines
8. Sometimes a mechanical failure for AI and player. Not too many, because there were way to many flat tires.
9. The option for full manual pit control. And if someone want to run everyone down in the pits, well do it. I don't mind, but there are also people who won't do that.
10. The same HUD used in real F1
11. Adjustable braking balance while driving. (Balance to the front wheels in hairpins, balance to the rear wheels in faster corners)
12. In 2011 the KERS system will be back, so I would like to see that in the game.
13. Some colors look sometimes a bit greyish. For example in real F1 the Renault is bright yellow, but in the game it sometimes looks a bit greyish
14. Engine sound is great, but the Cosworth engines sound like Renault engines, and the Mercedes engines sound like Cosworth engines, and the Renault engines sound like Mercedes engines. The Ferrari engines sound really authentic.

16. I noticed that in real F1 the cars could brake much much later.
17. The top speed of the car is very different at each track. I don't understand why. For example at Bahrain, I can barely achieve 300 kmh. And in Monza I can easily achieve 365 kmh. That's not right!

• Williams F1

Firstly, I love F1 2010 but notice slight timelag between hitting kerbs etc & FFB on MS Wheel. For 2011

1. Mechanical Failures (option to turn on/off) as that brilliant old PC game had (Jeff Crammond from memory but could be wrong)
2. More AI spins, errors & crashes
3. Safety Car
4. More 'in race' adjustments to set up (i.e. wing alertation & ability to turn engine down to save on wear)
5. Some free practice sessions away from the circuit in Career Mode for testing
6. Ability to change engine etc overnight so you don't lose an entire Practice session to achieve this.
7. Greater depth to media, PR elements of Career Mode

Hi ! I would love to see podiums!You can't just run a all weekend and full race and not to see the podium and the sampagne!
Also safety car! Telemetry so you can see your progress.Also it would be nice to have a hired manager so you can get better deals and sponsors.And SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT....FIX THE SOUND OF THE GAME BECAUSE THIS IS A JOKE....

Best suggestion i've read somewhere on this forum is that Codies should take a good look at GP4. If you can look through the outdated graphics you can see that it is a much better sim (not a game) then F1 2010 will ever be. Basicly what needs to be done is to update the sim to 2011 and you have one of the best F1 sims arround. If you lower the difficulty it also good playable for the casual driver and if you switch off all the aids than you have something for the hardcore simmer.

1. Safety Car
2. Warmup lap
3. TV Style
4. All upgrades and liveries of cars
5. Better multiplayer (24 cars on grid)
6. Fixed cutting track system
7. More errors of AI
8. Podium celebration
9. AI transfers after the season.

I would like to see a "multiplayer careermode" where multiple players perform different task within the F1 team
- a head engineer
- a driver
- an agent
- etc

Live the life to the max

YES that should be cool like a team boss 2 drivers, 2engineers .
the team boss has a team (an authentic one ore an own not-existing team) must buy the drivers and engineers , smething like that or an apart game for team mangers and apart for drvers and engineers or something
and with a rank of the teams that the best drivers are like a leage called f1 and the drivers who are also very good but not "bought" in f1 are in race serie GP2 (but still F1 cars)

and please let historic traks out of this , I buy F1 game to play F1 not to play historic F1

also let GP2 and karting and stuff out of this , again: I buy F1 to play F1 ,ot to play GP2 or KART

Be able to create your own team, get your own sponsors. Hire your own staff, design your own car. Maybe co-op online career so you and a friend and race online for a team as driver 1 and 2. Then either stick together or switch teams and race a career against eachother the next season

Since codemasters have been doig f1 for 3 years now they should still have the data for all the cars so they should have a 3 season contract where ou start off in 2009 with all the f1 2009 cars then have to work around all the upgrades & and changing teams (new teams coming in and old teams leaving)

Reading through these threads, one thing that stands out is that it seems the majority want a podium feature. As do I, I hope Codemasters listens in this. We need a better sense of achievement than a forced insincere enthusiasm over the radio and increased points tally beside our name. The racing in terms of how the car's handle etc. are great, Codemasters really has built a solid foundation to build on and only tweaks to "Be the driver, live the life" motto are needed, I think.

My list:
- Podiums, a huge must.

- Grid atmosphere, I'd really much rather sit in my car staring at the backside of a grid girl while my team is around me performing checks etc. and from there I can choose my race strategy rather than being stuck in the boring garage.

- Crew cheering me on from the pit wall if I'm coming home to a podium.

- More helmet selections. Although the nationality flavor is cool, if you don't feel like being patriotic you're stuck with Blue, Black, Green, Yellow and Red (Or Anthony Davidson's). Which is a weak selection. Wild designs and graphics like the rest of the grid have would be great. Helmet creator would be ace.

- An agent with a personality! All she does is sit at the lap top while, it seems, people come to her with contract offers. I'd like to have the option to get her working. If I want to join a team, send her out to lobby on your behalf as appose to waiting for that team's boss to come to you with an offer. Perhaps give us the power to try and extend a contract beyond a single year. Give the teams our terms as appose to settling with theirs.

- Telementry in the garage so I can see where I'm losing time.

- A race engineer who talks more. Is more encouraging and above all, talks more! He's near mute as it is. I wanna know, not just what Ferrari is doing, but what my teammate is doing, the three guys behind me are doing, who spun when there is a crash, who is getting penalties, when I'm on the final lap etc.

- Improved animation on the driver in the cockpit. I find his movements a bit on the "jerky" side. Also, I'd like to see his fingers move when shifting gears.

- Improved honor lap. I want to watch my driver fist pump and wave while looking at my car and not have it covered up by an intrusive black graphic telling me race stats. I'd rather those stats be displayed a lot more modestly during that time.

- End of season celebration. Especially if you're WDC. I want something like the team hoisting you up, with fireworks etc. or at the very least a team photo of you and the boys with a pit board reading "2011 WDC Your Name". Something that invokes a greater sense of achievement. Than just a mention of it in a press conference and then pushed along to the next season as if it was nothing.

- Improved press interaction and it's effects. As it stands, it seems near insignificant what you say. There are no real/major disadvantages of rubbing your teammates nose in your success or talking poorly of the car. I 'd like to see better choice of answers and perhaps more rumor-based type questions that could get you into a "he said she said" type of spat with fellow drivers. Also, choosing a rival seems to do nothing but highlight them on your track map and have your mute-like engineer occasionally say something about them during the race. I'd like to see more aggression from your chosen rival on track if you single them out.

That's pretty much it, I expect improvements on track models, cars, damage, online options and sound already with 2011 so, I would think from a development standpoint, my requests are fairly humble. I hope to see some implemented.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back