F1 1996 D&R

Cars F1 1996 D&R 1.04

Login or Register an account to download this content
Here's another one, I did a full skin pack for some LMP cars (all high quality and accurate), not sure how it took for some and the others I had to convert and make several edits.

Also three stars and still requesting he wants more skins like I can make up LPM cars to go on the grid.

Here's another one, I did a full skin pack for some LMP cars (all high quality and accurate), not sure how it took for some and the others I had to convert and make several edits.

Also three stars and still requesting he wants more skins like I can make up LPM cars to go on the grid.

But the one's that ask questions that aren't even related are the one's that kill me :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

update: -0.0475 is pretty much bang on (imo) for the Ferrari, but too low for the Jordan, Benetton and Williams
update 2: -0.045 for the Jordan is close (going to try -0.044), -0.046 for the Benetton and Williams not quite enough still so they are getting 0.44 trial too
update 3: -0.044 is ok for williams, could be still taller however the body itself is an ok height now. front wing may look a bit strange on different tracks. Same for Jordan. for the Benetton, I think it is pretty good.

update 4: -0.044 is also good for Tyrrell and -0.045 for the Ligier.
update 5: -0.03 is good for the Sauber and -0.044 for the Forti and Footwork.
update 6: -0.044 is good for the Mclaren and -0.015 for the Minardi

Last edited:
update: -0.475 is pretty much bang on (imo) for the Ferrari, but too low for the Jordan, Benetton and Williams
update 2: -0.045 for the Jordan is close (going to try -0.044), -0.046 for the Benetton and Williams not quite enough still so they are getting 0.44 trial too
update 3: -0.044 is ok for williams, could be still taller however the body itself is an ok height now. front wing may look a bit strange on different tracks. Same for Jordan. for the Benetton, I think it is pretty good.
Keep the settings coming, helps instead of us all trying the same thing.

it will be worth trying them when i have a baseline down to make sure people agree! i will keep editing the same post with updates
If they are set like the Ferrari then it's perfect, not too low or high, just enough clearance off the ground without making the car look like a low rider.

If they are set like the Ferrari then it's perfect, not too low or high, just enough clearance off the ground without making the car look like a low rider.
A couple may need further moving, these are Sauber, Jordan. Here's some screens of all the previous values
image.png

image.png

image.png

@Flipdo3

Just check your setting for the Mclaren, your suggested one is -0.044

At HDV=GraphicalOffset=(0.0, -0.015, 0.0) the car is just above the ground, not sure if you are looking at the front wing or base plate of the car.

The front wing is much higher on the Mclaren model.

It looks better, but i'm thinking about the bodywork... it seems like it's not the real scale

Hi, thanks :)
Tbh I don't even know what a mip map is :thumbsdown:
How can be fixed?
When you save your .DDS file you can select if MipMappings should be generated (depending on the program you work with of course). Just re-save the Jordan and Forti liveries, let your painting program generate MipMaps and you're good to go :)

@Flipdo3

Just check your setting for the Mclaren, your suggested one is -0.044

At HDV=GraphicalOffset=(0.0, -0.015, 0.0) the car is just above the ground, not sure if you are looking at the front wing or base plate of the car.

The front wing is much higher on the Mclaren model.
if it is a certain way in the hdv it is probably that, but a mislabel in the updates ;) provided it still looks ok / as it does in the screenshots its fine :thumbsup:

edit: i've just checked my mclaren hdv and its all good at -0.044. there are also some slight differences between the suggestions and the final values as i tweaked them a little more, but for me this value is no problem. I will check again
edit 2: rechecked, it is certainly very low, however it is not clipping very much at -0.044 at least on the floor. I will try to look at the hump underneath but the camera is hard to get that low.
image.png

edit 3: i see what you mean, it is indeed very low, but it is not (always) clipping at this level.
image.png

I think unless others have issues, they could change this value themselves, probably between -0.035 and -0.04 would do the trick.

Last edited:
if it is a certain way in the hdv it is probably that, but a mislabel in the updates ;) provided it still looks ok / as it does in the screenshots its fine :thumbsup:

edit: i've just checked my mclaren hdv and its all good at -0.044. there are also some slight differences between the suggestions and the final values as i tweaked them a little more, but for me this value is no problem. I will check again
edit 2: rechecked, it is certainly very low, however it is not clipping very much at -0.044 at least on the floor. I will try to look at the hump underneath but the camera is hard to get that low.
image.png

edit 3: i see what you mean, it is indeed very low, but it is not (always) clipping at this level.
image.png

I think unless others have issues, they could change this value themselves, probably between -0.035 and -0.04 would do the trick.
Maybe it's my eyes but still looks a bit low. From your screen shot from the rear, the car is on a hill with floor and diffuser just about touching the ground where the car should be at it's highest.

So under braking with this setting the base plate and diffuser will go into the ground.

I tested around -0.018 to -0.23, these are more or less right to me.

The other seem good, haven't checked properly yet, busy with some textures for another mod.

Maybe it's my eyes but still looks a bit low. From your screen shot from the rear, the car is on a hill with floor and diffuser just about touching the ground where the car should be at it's highest.

So under braking with this setting the base plate and diffuser will go into the ground.

I tested around -0.018 to -0.23, these are more or less right to me.

The other seem good, haven't checked properly yet, busy with some textures for another mod.
well they are not touching the ground as you can see the ad board behind however i have noticed on some bumpy tracks some clipping can occur in a dip. i will try out your values edit: they're pretty good however you will want to change some other cars too most likely to suit your vision, the benetton ive noticed may need a little change

Last edited:
It looks better, but i'm thinking about the bodywork... it seems like it's not the real scale

Hi, thanks :)
Tbh I don't even know what a mip map is :thumbsdown:
How can be fixed?
If you are not I can send you new one's because one must also adjust the opacity levels for the extra textures which also don't have mipmaps.

update: -0.0475 is pretty much bang on (imo) for the Ferrari, but too low for the Jordan, Benetton and Williams

update 4: -0.044 is also good for Tyrrell and -0.045 for the Ligier.
update 5: -0.03 is good for the Sauber and -0.044 for the Forti and Footwork.
update 6: -0.044 is good for the Mclaren and -0.015 for the Minardi

Are you setting according to the front wing or the floor base plate because the Williams floor plate is in the ground in certain spots which looks very unnatural.

The diffuser also looks like it's riding on the track.

Are you setting according to the front wing or the floor base plate because the Williams floor plate is in the ground in certain spots which looks very unnatural.

The diffuser also looks like it's riding on the track.
both. i am trying out some adjustments currently for the sauber and benetton, and I am doing all my testing at suzuka ^^

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.9%