rF2 F1 1993 @ Melbourne- Sun June 13th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Could I be on Maybe mod too because the real Formula 1 Race and the Club race will be so close so it might take me time to put the wheel in place nad start the PC.
But I will make it, this practice cant go to nothing (AGAIN). Btw I am not having lagging problems like I have had on the RACE-Series games so I can finelly drive like I am driving a real car.

Pfff those last 3 turns where insane in race 2 :D

Race:

Had a bad Q. Started 7th. Moved my way up. But i had to much downforce and had also to many mistakes. Still finished 5th

Race 2:

Good Q and started 3th.

Good off the line. Ran a little wide in T1 and was 4th i think. Then Martin outbraked himself and i took P3 and a lap later the top 2 guys had a little touch and went in the grass. So was P1 with Nicholas the whole race behind me.

The last 3 laps where insane. Nicholas and i battled hard. Wich resulted that i tapped him after he overtook me. Waited for him but it took him ages to get out of the gravel. :D I was like Come one!! Hurry up!!. Because 3th and 4th where close behind. When Nicholas was back i had Toby all over me. He overtook me two laps before the end. In the last lap he was pressuring Nicholas for P1. And i was like. Tap eachother please. :D.

Second to last turn it all went down. Toby tapped Nicholas. Nicholas spun and Toby went wide and started spinning and i gave him a the last tap. Sorry for that no way i could avoid it. Then i was P1 in the last corner. But Nicholas recovered crazy quick of that spin and he was all over me in the last turn and straight. I blocked him once and i hoped i could outdrag him to the finish. Pff lucky that happened but i think it was crazy close :D

Thanks for racing guys. :)

Nice Race

2 time my PB in Q1 and Q2:)
both race very amusement,in race2 start from 5th place but Im bit inattentive ( speak with Mattia in TS :rolleyes:) so not see the green light, and start without concentration,fault 1st curve after 2 or 3 laps lost car in a infinite spin, only thing that I can do is follow the end of race.
Big fun in any case and a bit of battle with Giorgos and Martin sometime with Lee and Nicholas.

Great to Podium and great all partecipant

Thanks to Ivo and RD for the organization

WOW, Great race, It have been ages since I had to fight for my posision this hard.

Qualify 1: I dont rimember where I qualified but I know I was allmost last.

Race 1: Crazy opening lap. Thanks to MArtins mistake I moved up to 7th and stayed there for the rumaining race. I was trying to learn the track and wishing this first race was going to end because I was sweeting and it feelt like it took ages to just do 13 laps.

Qualify 2: well I went out last to make a great lap but I lost it on the 10th corner and went on the grass and 0.500 seconds where lost.

Race 2: Well I had one of the best starts. Again Martin makes a mistake but this time He and his friend slided infront of me before T1. On to T3 and someone hits me hard from behind (won't mention who) but I spin and got a bit angry because I had a good start and a good posision. After that I had Toby from behind who hits me on the following lap and I lost control and I was like no, not now...

Well after that I had a bit of a silent race but then I had a battle against someone wich name I never sow but the battle was SO great. we where fighting for like 4 corners and I was trying to not give him eny chans of overtaking me and he did not but somehow he lost alot of ground from me wich was odd from my point of view.

How ever the rumaining race was just all about presision.

I loved this race and I will join evry single Sunday Open Wheel race if Ivo will not stop hosting this races. Thanks you for this night and see you next week.

Ivo, can you make a video of the last few laps? Or just the crazy last lap.

No way I should have even been that high in Race 2 after an abysmal Race 1, where I ended up using the only setup available to me - from AUSTRIA. So masses of straightline and no cornering.

Missed race 1 which i was gutted about I felt I had good pace here.

Race two I started from the back and avoided the incident in turn 1. However on cold brakes I hit Giorgos into turn 3. Really sorry for that. I then began working my way back up overtaking Valeria and then enjoying a rather good battle with Giorgos, Tried a move twice into the fast chicane which I had to back out of Had a few laps behind Giorgos trying to find a way past before he made a mistake letting me past. I was then able to set some fast laps catching Mattia when he had an off into turn 3, however by this time my tyres were shredded and I couldn't keep up with him. Final lap while pushing for a fastest lap I hit a wall losing my front wing, but managed to trundle over the line keeping my 7th Place.

Thanks Ivo for setting this up :) and Thanks to RD.

hehe nice Finish Ivo, looks a bit more difficult then me winning the first race.

iam very surpriced about my speed difference compared to others. I think to much people are using AID. it makes you slower so please turn it of. About setups i also think to much people listen to Toby. No offence Toby to you but your driffing the car to high. bottoming out the car espacialy in the slower tracks isnt bad at all. IN the fast tracks i keep the wings as low as possible but iam a bit slower on the straits then Toby but in the corners i made a lot good. So try to play with ride height front between 4.0 and 4.8 and rear 6.0 to 6.6 max..

I hope whe can meat more people next time. This mod is way to good to let it dissapear.

Ivo again thanks fore the organisation of the event. Its nice to see people like you keep up the good work.

Think its more you can adapt quite fast. And dont need to much practice.
In my case i can get close to 1 second from you i think. But then i need more practice. Because most of the time at the end of the second race i get the pace. :)
But then its to late. ;)

I think i know what you mean. and yes i can get up to speed with this mod very easy. but iam sure last night i was 2 or 3 sec from the best possible time. I can go quick on a nice and stable speed but iam sure when i play a bit more with the mod i can go much quiker and on the end of my races i am most of the time going on a easy speed because i want to finish. wink to Toby ;) (to fast and to furious). But realy try lower ride height.

p.s. about testing. i did try to test 2 times offline but i dont know what it is but i cant get the grip offline. it seems the track is totaly different. Sometimes the difference is more then 2 or 3 sec. i have realy no idea what it is.

Hehe Toby needs to finish without a mistake ones. Then he can battle you. :D

But i remember correctly we had some new guys at the Brands Hatch race. Who where also alot quicker then the rest. I also thought at that time to bad Ferry isnt here because those guys match his speed. But they did 1 or 2 races and after that i didnt see them anymore wich is a shame. :)

Hehe nice one Ivo pressuring Toby even more ;)

I hope the guys who are matching my speed are returning and no i dont think iam that fast at all. In FSR iam in WT and not even one of the faster guys. So its all about testing and doing more and more laps. But at one point the practice meets the quality of the driver and then it stops. But i hope these events never turn to the events like in FSR. these events should be like doing a few laps before the race and then do the race. Not practice and practice like in FSR. 1000 laps beforeevery race is getting very frustrating but in FSR i need it and i hope this is never posible in these events.

usually my plan for club event is:

the day of the event, after lunch, i try the server if it's online, but not always and usually i haven't time to do many laps......

join the server ~15 minuts before the official practice

ask for a stable setup :p (and i must say that i am really lucky because usually in all event i found really kind people that share without problems their setups....really thank you guys)

do some laps and have a lot of fun with you all because this races are always fun for everyone i think!!!!

again thank you all!!!! :D

Had a very good race 1, finished 3rd after some good battles, although Chris Heller was all over the track, nearly impossible to overtake.

Second race, started very well, got up into the lead lap 2 or 3 I think, only for Chris Heller (again) to drive straight into the back of me next corner. I don't even think he touched the brakes. Or didn't seem like it. That left the car undriveable. That left me in 10th, 24s behind. Closed in 20s of the gap in last 4 laps to finish 4s behind 9th place, but got the fastest lap :)

All in all mixed weekend for me in my first outing in these, can't wait for next race :)

Ferry, at Hockenheim for example I had done so many laps I knew that track so well, I was surprised I was a second and a half slower than I had been a few months earlier. Most of the time though it's easy to be on the pace, but at Melbourne I just couldn't get the car together (plus lots of contact which ruined the handling didn't help).
These races aren't like the 60 lap races we did at F1SR, so maybe I am treating them too aggressively!

Bring back the 93s occasionally though Ivo, they are such a good mod.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back