rF2 F1 1993 @ Interlagos - Sun April 4th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Tobias Nystrom, i know you will write about our incident here, so allow me to explain - please :)

We had contact 3 times, then last one resulting in crash.
I will admit to that. And i'm sorry. First incident, sorry i hit you, but i didn't expect you to start braking (??) when exiting the turn, where people usually go on the accelerator..
Second incident, 100 % my fault. Too late on brakes. Sorry :/ nice save :)

The last, the big one. Well, you blocked the inside, so i moved to the outside. I had you just left of my LF tire, and grass to my right. Couldn't go further right, i'm holding my line since you've already defended your line once (i thought we were allowed 1 defend pr corner?), and you decide that you want the outside line instead.. crash..

Regards

I don't gonna start any who did what in a forum, never a good idéa ;) replays do tell what happend. Just a shame that my race whas cut short. I have filed a complaint, and if you thougt I didn't follow the rules, you should too.

No real harm done. See you next time!

Nice racing guys.
Took the Ferrari and quite enjoyed it. Can't believe i said that. :D

Race 1 a nice battle for P2 with Ben but he pulled away at the end.

Race 2 i got a stop and go because i needed to avoid a crash in T1.
Fought my way up to 7th. Overtook Valerio in the second to last lap. Wich was a little scary because we both wanted to outbrake eachother but Valerio is a good driver so that all went good. :)
But in the last lap i lost FF and spun. Weird only happens with this mod sometimes. :)

I want to say sorry to Toby for finishing race 1 for him in turn 1, I got a good start but my brakes were to cold and bang, there is no excuse because I am usually stressing to people to take it easy in the first turn and the first lap because I have been on the recieving end once or twice, so sorry again Toby.

At the start of race 2 the first start I got away well from 2nd on the grrid and was overtaking Ben but he cut right a bit and nudged me in the wall, I dont know what happened behind me but I carried on and after the first couple of corners I was in 2nd clear and chasing Tony when a restart was called for, in the restart I got away well from 2nd spot again but someone gave me a nudge going into turn 1 and I span round and had to wait as the field passed, ended up finishing 4th.

1st race went well. Started well but had to dodge a 1st corner accident which put me back again and then another accident at the exit of turn 3. Had a few spins however and after a 5 lap battle with Valerio, I just managed to pip him on the last lap to take 9th.

2nd race I nearly lost it off the line but recovered to find a car stopped on track facing right way and another going off sideways both of which I avoided. Made my way up to 4th then the race was stopped for an accident? Re-start made a better start and slid up the inside. Saw a ordan go sideways along with another car around turn 1, seemed to be 4 or 5 cars involved, then a jordan came across and hit me into pit wall. I was surprised race wasn't restarted as I felt that was a big accident but made my way up to 6th after a good battle with Lee. Was closing up on the Tobias/Casper battle before they seem to crash (didn't see what happened). Found myself in 4th and I just kept going around. Then I saw a yellow helmet in a red and white car which sort of scares you out of the way, which allowed Toby through. Did a great lap behind Toby (thank you for that :tongue:) but I soon lost touch and then with 3 laps to go, I spun it and damaged my suspension. Tried to keep it going but lost 3 places and ended up down in 8th. All-in-all, I enjoyed myself.

Thanks Ivo for organising, all the racers, and of course RD :cool:

Hi guys
fun race again with this mod
In race1 think i hit Adam at first turn sry, but that good battle after Adam :)In race2 nice lot of laps at the finish of race with Martin and Ivo ,Toby overtake me same a TOP-GUN ahahahah but had already happened before.
C U ALL on next track

Enjoyed that very much guys, first proper race in that mod. Good to beat my bro anyway ;) I certainly try and join for more! Oh and....apologies again for the race 2 start.....!

Turned up a bit late due to the mod download :( Had 10 minutes to pull something of a setup together - was no miracle was slowest on track but even with that had fun, was miles too high on down-force so had a couple of good battles as I could brake very late. Just wish to appologuise to the Mclaren i hit turn 2 race 2 i beilive it was Toby and say thanks to all for the race and thanks to Ivo for organizing :).

Turned up a bit late due to the mod download :( Had 10 minutes to pull something of a setup together - was no miracle was slowest on track but even with that had fun, was miles too high on down-force so had a couple of good battles as I could brake very late. Just wish to appologuise to the Mclaren i hit turn 2 race 2 i beilive it was Toby and say thanks to all for the race and thanks to Ivo for organizing :).
Yeh it was me, no damage done mate, don't worry about it.
Great fun once again, no worries to Martin - these things happen. :)
Oh and Valerio - I messed up when I went by you manically, but when I overtook you into turn 1 I think I was OK turning in on you, I didn't expect you to still be there lol. Great racing, I think. :)

have to add that restarts shouldnt be done in any possible scenario. there was a big bang in race 1 also, someone asked restart -> no.
big bang in race 2, restart asked -> yes.
should be simple -> no restarts in any scenario, period.
because when people realize that there are no second chance, maybe they actually consider their actions on early stages and
secondly, like in this case, it wasnt fair for crashers in 1st race. they were at back of the grid so who cares but when front grid
crashes, sure lets restart.
not ranting or anything, just pointing out some issues about doing restarts. its never fair. only thing it does is giving
more chances to drivers that messed up allready.

have to add that restarts shouldnt be done in any possible scenario. there was a big bang in race 1 also, someone asked restart -> no.
big bang in race 2, restart asked -> yes.
should be simple -> no restarts in any scenario, period.
because when people realize that there are no second chance, maybe they actually consider their actions on early stages and
secondly, like in this case, it wasnt fair for crashers in 1st race. they were at back of the grid so who cares but when front grid
crashes, sure lets restart.
not ranting or anything, just pointing out some issues about doing restarts. its never fair. only thing it does is giving
more chances to drivers that messed up allready.

It wasn't requested Toni i decided it. :)
In Race 2 there was a big one wich almost took the half of the field. So i decided for a restart.
And this was the first restart we had in a long time and we are racing this Mod for a couple of months now. :)
I just want some nice racing for everybody and if the whole field is gone before T2 i restart. Not just for the guys that crashed but also for the guys still on the grid.

was a really funny race......i was surprised when i joined that the track wasn't Kayalami.......but i was lucky that i know at least interlagos.......

thx to Toby again for his setup!!!! :D

Race1: was a disaster, but really fun.....i spun a lot of time and did a lot of errors, my car was damage but i finished the race.

Race2: did a little change to my car in the last moment and it was perfect, because i spun only one time during the race and it was only for an accident!!!!
After T1 of the first start i was 2nd and after the restart i was able to gain again the 2nd position after T1.......i kept it for some laps, but after an error Toni Talvitie overtook me and take the 2nd spot. i tried to stay behind me, but i brake to much late at T4, and for not hit heavy Toni i was forced to go in the inside.....i hit a bit Toni, but he was able to continue with a good move, but i spun and so i lost a lot of time.......sry Toni for that move i really forgot to brake at that corner.....
After that i did my race, but i wasn't enough fast for erase the gap because the first had a very good pace.....in the while Toby was behind me, and i know that he was really fast, but i was fast too enough for keep a good gap and to finish 3rd (my fast lap was only 0.2 s more slow than the Toby one's and in the last laps i was always doing -0.150s in T1 but i failed to control well the car in the others time splits and so i wasn't able to take the record lap :p)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back