Track: Sepang, Malaysia

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:20 GMT: Qualification
19:30 GMT: Warm-up
19:35 GMT: Race (2 X 20 Minutes)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Extra Notes
  • Due to the mod's quality, can everyone test their game off line with opponents turned on to see how well their game copes. The crashing issue from recent weeks we believe was not a server issue more that people had graphics set too high for the track and mod.
  • Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
  • If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
To sign up simply state the driver / car you wish to use!

Sign-up list:
1. McLaren - Ayrton Senna: Kyle Puttifer
2. McLaren - Gerhard Berger: Chas McInnes
3. Tyrrell - Oliver Grouillard:
4. Tyrrell - Andrea De Cesaris:
5. Williams - Nigel Mansell: ​Adam Eggbeer
6. Williams - Riccardo Patrese: Martin Bulgin
7. Motor Racing Developments Ltd. - Eric van de Poele:
8. Motor Racing Developments Ltd. - Damon Hill / Giovanna Amati:
9. Footwork - Michele Alboreto:
10. Footwork - Aguri Suzuki:
11. Team Lotus - Mika Hakkinen: Jacek Fraczek
12. Team Lotus - Johnny Herbert:
13. Fondmetal - Andrea Chiesa / Eric van de Poele: Leonard Mills
14. Fondmetal - Gabriele Tarquini: Andreas Hall
15. March - Jan Lammers / Karl Wendlinger: Ingemar Petersson
16. March - Emanuele Naspetti / Paul Belmondo:
17. Benetton - Michael Schumacher: Adam Hartwell
18. Benetton - Martin Brundle:
19. Scuderia Italia - JJ Lehto: Mateusz Bozko
20. Scuderia Italia - Pierluigi Martini: Grzegorz Wlodarczyk
21. Minardi Team - Alessandro Zanardi / Christian Fittipaldi: Corrado Conti
22. Minardi Team - Gianni Morbidelli:
23. Ligier - Thierry Boutsen: Steve Barsby
24. Ligier - Erik Comas:
25. Scuderia Ferrari - Jean Alesi: Ben Phillips
26. Scuderia Ferrari - Ivan Capelli / Nicola Larini:
27. Larrousse - Bertrand Gachot:
28. Larrousse - Ukyo Katayama:
29. Jordan - Stefano Modena:
30. Jordan - Mauricio Gugelmin:
31. Andrea Moda - Roberto Moreno: Mark Mendonca
32. Andrea Moda - Perry McCarthy: Scott Beck

Sepang will be my last Sunday RD race. The NFL starts on September 11th and I don't race on Sundays. I will continue to have the Rothmans server running for you guys to practice on during the week.
I'd like to thank RD and all the guys that have made it possible to race on Sundays. It has been great fun. RD, you should be proud of what you have. It really is the best league out there. Thanks RD!

Once RD stops using the 92 mod on Sundays, look for a new series to start up on Saturdays. Check my team website for more info.

www.rothmans-racing.com

I am getting a "sepang-GP4.gdb Mismatch will be kicked from race in the only server I could find online with both the mod and the track. However, the servername is not RACEDEPT.COM F1 92 but AERO F1 1992 RD.

There is also something else I wanted to ask you guys that know this mod a bit better:

When I first started racing this I was taken aback by how badly it handled. For starters, the hard tires seemed to have no grip at all, none. Soft were a bit better, at least drivable and supersoft (qualification) was really the only drivable set.

In addition, the steering seemed very erratic, taking the same turn at different times produced very different outcomes and the car just seemed to want to go its own direction.

I raced in those conditions every race I did, with the car just taking multiple lines at each turn and me spending more time correcting the car than minding the race, position or lap time.

Fast forward to yesterday: while driving a different mod, I realized that somehow I had steering help set at "full". I reset it, but next time I opened rFactor it was at full once again. So I created a brand new profile, set everything at "no" and that mod drove much better.

Today I opened the 1992 mod and I started lapping at Sepang to get familiar with the track. This would be my first race there. Immediately I noticed that the car handled really well. I had the kind of grip I always wished I had with this car, the kind of grip I would expect any post 1970 formula 1 to have. Go Kart like, in other words.
I was really enjoying myself and could not believe how well the car drove. So I decided to go to the garage and try the medium tires to see how they handled.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that I was already driving with the medium tires. I could not believe it. It was like I was driving a different mod. That's why I went to try to drive it online, because I was afraid that somehow I replaced the mod with one that actually handled.

Before I did that I actually went to the tracks we have already raced at to see how they handled, in case Sepang had some peculiar tarmac that made the car handle better. Nope. It was the car.

Now I am worried about this issue at this server though. I would love for the car to handle the way it does today. Racing would be so much more fun for me not having to guess which way the car is going to steer on any given turn. Hungaroring was a nightmare. All those turns were a constant trap with the steering going all over the place.

Anyway, could the steering help actually cause what I experienced? Or could have been something other than that?

I also apologize to the fans of this mod for hinting in the forum that it was less than well made. Heck, if it drove like this for me from day one I would have been singing its praises every day.

@ Corrado Conti, I find in plenty of games that steering aid tends to muck things up quite a lot when you're driving with a steering wheel. It's designed for people who drive with keyboards, lessening the steering effects on straights and boosting it again in corners. In some games, the steering aid even starts your turn into corners a little bit for you without having to actually do anything.

So yeah, when you're driving with a wheel, steering aid does mess things up quite a lot due to it constantly adjusting the effect and trying to put you where it thinks you should be.

On GP1 the driving aids were good enough that you could just hold the accelerator button for the whole race. You did also need to change direction if you were planning to overtake though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back