rF2 F1 1992 @ Sebring - Wed 20th August

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
With 28 on the grid, the start was expected to be chaotic. And the cars didn't handle very well through the grass. :p

My start: 1,2,3, red out... go... :poop:,... green... go go go... Got myself a drive thru penalty. :whistling:
Got lapped quickly but to my surprise i could follow the leaders Lars and Matej. They were battling pretty hard, So maybe that's why. ;)

All in all did we do better as the real season 1992? Decide for yourself? :D
Even Senna made some mistakes.

BTW:
Those who downloaded the "big-pack": Ferrari F92A : Download (v1.7 - 2014/08/08)
And there will probably 2 x Footwork packages in your packages folder. Delete one of them.

Next time we will have Ferrari's... :rolleyes: Apparently i forgot them. :sleep:

Well an event it was.
Positives:
1)So many drivers nice to see
2)Car is great fun and very atmospheric
3) was nearer the front than the back in quali-this is a new feeling for me so makes me like this car even more.
4)There is some more depth to setup-who would have expected brakes to shatter after 11 laps?
5) People in the main accepted their responsibilty for contacts.
6) I enjoyed the great battle between @Lars Bargmann and @Matej Lakota as a viewer. That was some great driving guys.
Negatives:
1)Many of us drove lap 1 like it was a time trial in Codies F1 game with damage turned off. What did Webber call Grosjean again? Anyway much more patience is needed and we will get a good race. To finish first first you have to finish. If we can try to have a mentality of avoiding contact in lap 1 and then do some racing. It's easy to forget that the guys in front of you outqualified you and probably are driving carefully/smart, and what might look like an amazing opportunity might just not be. Its just so unlikely that a stunning lap 1 sector 1 move is going to work for you so lets be patient and all survive lap 1.
2)Those pesky brake discs. I should have known ASR modding would throw that at us. It was a big issue in their F1 1991 Mod. I saw all those brake failures and thought" ah ha thats why he was faster Ill drop mine too but only 2 sizes and that will be ok"-Nah it wasnt. In race 2 I had a brake disc go on about lap 10 and that was after starting on a wet track-yes it was blue sky but wet and drying on a green track, bet you wish you hung around now.

So anyway the positives way outweigh the negatives.

We can make this work but we need to have a real focus on avoiding contact vs lap 1 heroics.
If we show real courtesy we can have these big grids and enjoy them.
If you have an issue to report pls follow the rules re 24 hr cooling off etc.

Thanks David. Yes, we had some close battles, hard but respectful with high factor of joy. Lars was faster in some parts of the track, I managed to came close to him on the other parts. I also expected, @Luka Oslakovic will catch us quick, because he was the fastest of us, bud sadly something happened him and he left the race. I like to say thanks to backmarkers, they gave us enough room when Lars and me overtook them and we can contiued our battle. Looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:.

Yes, I forgot to meniton, you also disappeared a lap before the race finished. Shame for your bad luck, beacuse you deserve to win yesterday and race with you was a great pleasure :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Do you the difference between: a dromedary and a "camel" ? :roflmao:

camel_logo_2452.gif
===>
dromedary_bactrian.jpg

It looks like he is working on something. :thumbsup:
From what I read if they don't use any of the FOM trade marked words it would be very hard to successfully prove they violated anything.
I read (cant vouch for the source though) that FOM own current year and 2 prev years liveries the teams own the rest.
So if we all take care not to refer to it as the F word anywhere (download links. race threads etc) it becomes a debate about some colours inspired by 23 year old race cars which is nothing to do with FOM.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.