rF2 F1 1992 @ Rouen-Les-Essarts - Sunday July 17th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Plz Admins ,sorry to ask ,but when this happens , if dont mind ,not becouse i was on 1* blablabla pa pa pa ..(kk) but put a Red Flag.
Its more fair.
I am just asking. if is possible ,,i thank you.
Dont get man with me ,,but understand my point.

My turn? lol
It's the same doodoo,different track init?! Videos of both incidents sent to admin.
I benefitted from both incidents :)
Q1- P10
R1- After things settled down i gained a few places form others errors and i was running P6 i think,Kariem was catching me and on lap 9 i locked the rears going into the 2nd but last right hander and hit the wall and lost a wheel. I pitted but they wouldn't repair me. DNF
Q2- P14
R2- I made an ok start and got a run on Kyle coming out of turn 3,i saw Erik take the inside line in front of me so i braked a little early and Kyle shot down my outside and on to the grass. When i turned out of the hairpin? Breakers yard,and i plowed in with nowhere to go! I squeezed past Kyle on the grass and managed to get through and running again in P4. I got P3 as someone stopped or went off.
Only a few laps from the end i locked the rear agian and went too deep at the hairpin and Anders took P3 from me :-( Finished P4.
First time since i started racing we've had such a bad experience with the server. I'm sure next week it'll be just fine :)
Some good racing tonight,some others missed out.
Thanks Adam and RD

No Kyle ,,,ahahah you probably comparable toa kamikaze ...ahahaha
Y dont payed enough atention ,,,y got too much speed , you are more or less 300km/h when y start to brake,i was with low wing and i start to brake ( asking to GOD helping me) on the start of that turn ,and you was already on that turn when y start to brake,if you think a little ,to you make the brakes get 100% pressure ,you will need more or less 0,200 or 0,300 secounds ,and after you get 100% of full brake ,the brakes need more time to get hot enough to brake well. i normaly the car dont stop well with full tank.
And without anyone on my front.

But the worst thing you did ,was ,,WHAT YOU DIDNT .( i mean ,when you saw you lost your car ,you should move your car to right ,then you should hited the wall before you catch me, and with 2s or 1s more time ,i could move my car to the right , escaping from crash.
Everybody needs to have a plain B, i had one if that happend to me.
I can crash ..but just myself , when i saw that turn on my first time , i though about the kinds of crash would happen there.
Ofcourse ,, i pratice a lot to never lose my front there.
i hope you understand.

I think Admin has to make sure everyone is in the pits before changing sessions. That should stop most of the disco's.

Also, a formation lap does tend to settle the server down some too. Something to think about I guess.

In all honesty, it shouldn't make a difference. There was an issue with the server as even rebooting it I had some issues with it freezing. The majority of nights as you know, go fine. :)

A formation lap is usually done for Open Wheeler events and the first event with these cars also used it. However, there were too many issues with engines overheating at the front of the grid even with max radiators so it was in the interest of everyone that we don't run a formation lap for these cars.

As for my night:

Quali 1: Just couldn't get a good lap in and got P9.

Race 1: Got caught up with the incident ahead and lost the front wing. Got it back to the pits and stormed back up to 6th, having a great tussle with Martin on the way.

Quali 2: Did better but still not happy with it. P7.

Race 2: Good start and settled in. Came out of the hairpin to see a big crash. I managed to pick my way through it but had a damaged suspension. Running P4 I span which cost em a couple of places. I regained both back as other cars had issues and then I had a good little battle with Chas before I spun into the wall. Pitted to repair front wing and was just hot lapping. On the penultimate corner of the penultimate lap, I missed my braking point and slammed into the wall. Race Over.

Thanks guys for racing and sorry about the server issues. :)

So, no-one has experianced the same problems as me? I created a new install and extracted the mod into a folder, which I ten pasted into the install, like I usually do. But after the first start-up, the cars never get shown again in the showroom, and I get the same error message when trying to look at one.

What have I probably done wrong? Because I might want to race too next time...

Ok Adam, I just thought it might be worth a mention. I didn't have any server problems today at all except for some chat lag, but it didn't last long. It seemed fine on my end, no disco's for me.

Mohan as I said, the car wouldn't turn as both fronts were locked. I was a passenger, and if I lifted off the brakes to try and turn I would have hit someone anyway. I still don't know how that happened. In a situation like that, the natural reaction is to go 100% on the brake pedal.

Mohan as I said, the car wouldn't turn as both fronts were locked. I was a passenger, and if I lifted off the brakes to try and turn I would have hit someone anyway. I still don't know how that happened. In a situation like that, the natural reaction is to go 100% on the brake pedal.
You were on a road to disaster Kyle. Once you went on the grass,you had no chance! You could have lifted off the brakes,downshifted to 1st gear and floored the throttle(all in a nano second),that would have locked the rears and you may have spun......and crashed into others anyway! It happened because of cold brakes,a heavy car and cold tyres and excitement!
Anyone who has driven a real car without ABS will know,that if you lock the wheels up? The way to gain control again is by taking your foot OFF the brakes! Then on again,off again etc etc.
Do you drive Kyle? Have you ever lost control of a REAL car and caught it and avoided a crash or a spin?
The only way you could have avoided that Kyle was by braking earlier(as mentioned in previous post) like we all did!
The chaos you caused was the nature of the layout at that track at that corner(s).
How does it feel Kyle? No doubt lots of practise laps,probably in quali trim? Then come race time......'0' laps completed. That's racin' is it?
I'm looking forward to Indy.

i dont think he meant that kyle... he was just telling you thats what you should do if it happens again. anyway, quit arguing the simple fact of the matter (and this is something you don't need to be a professional racing driver to know) when you put less grippy tyres and more fuel in a car than what you have been driving for hotlaps you cant brake any where near as late and you will lock the brakes, especialy in a racing situation when theres a bunch of other care either side of you.

Explain where a 15 year old can get a driving test then please.
I rest my case.
I'm not argueing Robert. Kyle already knows what i think of his driving standards.
You hit the nail on the head though Robert. Quali tyres and low fuel feel completely different to race set up.
If i run a quali set up first? I struggle to find a good race set up. But when i sort out my race set up and then run with quali tyres and low fuel i get to grips with it better and tend to be quicker.
I know others prefer to get quali set up first,then race set up but,that's what works for me.

You made a big mistake, and you're not man enough to take.
You was on draft ,this is a mistake number 1,becouse on DRAFT ,you have less donwforce.especially on front tires.
number 2= you brake to late
number 3= you already was on the turn when y start to brake ,this mean ,if you brake making a turn ,you have more chance to lock the tires.
NOW LETS SAY=you didnt put your race setup ,even with this ,its your fault .i am not saying you forgot ,i am just trying to understand what happend there.

On my first race , battery 2 ,on suzuka ,i was fighting with Chas (dear friend), and on hairpin i braked on my same point ,and my car dont stoped ,and i hit the Chas , (with same forca like Prost on Senna in 1989),well , i did Chas pass me (by the way,i dont even wanted to pass him there),3 race later i understood what happend, i was driveing with PS2 control ,and when i pressed to brake (right analogic) when i put my finger to push the analogic to down ,i only got 75% of full brake.
i though i always predd thge button on 100%,but i was wrong.Maybe this happend to you,but as you said ,,you locked the front tires ,this mean your brakes worked well.
I am not MAD at all ,but if you dont say ,,==you did a big mistake ,then i will take personally.

i think y can understand my point.

1. Everyone in the stalls when changing to new session stopped the disco's for me.
2. Kyle are you really 15?
3. I did exactly the same thing Kyle did but only I was lucky enough it was practice for me. I wasn't drafting at the time either. I was doing 205 ish, got left front the grass and 'woosh' I was gone, making a bee line. Probably very close to the same line Kyle took. I was lucky enough to maintain some control, slid between 2 cars slaming into the wall ending the run.
I said something sarcastic in chat, I forget who exactly it was coming out of the hairpin. I don't think he saw me until he could see the color of my eyes.
4. Got my PB in qual 1 which was nice for a change. Race 1 I missed a mark and in that instant, "Where's my mark?", I'm the fly on the windshield, did he really have anything on his mind?
5. Q2 back to choking. R2 Just wanted a nice clean race and finish on lead lap. Got that
6. All in all, another great day of racing with RD rFactor club! Sorry Mo it sucks when that happens! That's racing!

5. Q2 back to choking.
6. All in all, another great day of racing with RD rFactor club! Sorry Mo it sucks when that happens! That's racing!

But in real life ,, we should get a RED FLAG , more the half of the grid ,got damage and that´s why i got mad.Not was fair with me and others players,accidents happens ,even Bozko ,Andreas Hall ,Sr Scott ,Chas ,when we drive without atention ,we know what kind of mistake we can make it.
I crashed sometimes ,a lot of crashs was becouse of the pain , with PS2 control ,when i finished the race i coulndt move my fingers and after i get the G27 ,my neck and my arm was hurting a lot becouse the position of the wheel was wrong.
I knew ,with pain i lose too much concentration ,enough to make a mistake and crash.
But its my problem ,but what i cant make ,is a big crash that destroy the race of others players.
So my pont is,Kyle you crash yourself too much,but the problem is when you take players with you.
Think right, ok? Bozko ,Andreas ,Sr Scott, dont make these mistakes and they does ,normaly they crash only thenself
Not a Strike crash.

Again , i beg you admins ...when this happens plz give us a chance and put a RED FLAG.. i think the Bozko wanted to run the race 2.
And i wanted to win that.And i should win ,becouse on my first race i was still sleeping, and i took easy. 2* place was enough ..i know me ,if i push too much on race 1 i could spin.
ok i hope to kyle start to finish the races ,and on top positions.
Good luck to us

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back