rF2 F1 1992 @ Monaco - Sunday 26th June 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Schedule updated :)

Really looking forward to Rouen, the cars are ace there.

Just FYI, I'm going away next Saturday so Adam will put up the threads for Melbourne and Rouen. I'll be back friday the 15th though :).

JOY JOY JOY!

Qualified 2nd for first race. Bogged down on start, car wasn't in gear for some reason, and stood on the grid for a sec. Really sorry to the guy behind.

Qualified 3rd for race 2. Race was as expected from these kind of events. Someone spins on the grid, hit me side on and the whole track is blocked (sorry bout that, but not my fault). Practice starts, and the whole world will smile with you. I saw many people I havn't seen before. If this is the first time you tried the mod, practice on Rothmans or something first. 10 people finished the first race out of 26. You do the math.

First of all i'm going to have to say some of the driving today was utterly appalling. There was no respect for blue flags in qualifying meaning I couldn't (and many others) get a lap together.

Then both starts had some shocking driving, was down the inside of someone who wont be named towards the chicane who just slammed across the front of me then amusingly took himself out - well done you son.
The 2nd start was worse, numerous cars spun on the start finish line (could you not have practiced this in warm up?) and someone ignorantly smashed into the back of me - another round of applause please.

However the first race had a nice result in 3rd for me to make things a little better. See you again in the next race. (hopefully not some of you)

R1 - Accidentally jump-started; which was nice. Am sure GID gave me the green lights. But whatevs. At least that explained the drive thru :D. First lap, got smacked from behind when the crowd hit Zafiu. Steering badly wounded, for some reason. Ended badly.

R2 - Much better, managed to avoid most of the startline chaos. Was running top 8 or thereabouts. Came out of the swimming pool, to find Magnus coming at me, trying to turn his motor around. Lost both fronts, all over.

Monaco etc.

Had the same feeling here, alot of faces turn up for the first time ever seen here, with a hard mod on one of the most unforgiving tracks ever made...

Not smart thinking there...

R1: killed by Zafia

Q2: Zafia waiting after crashed to see if people can avoid him in blind spots, i couldn't, killed on hot lap...
R2: Had 3 minirestarts on the main straight after green light to eventually fly away after 50 secs tx to traffic stuck.
After some corners killed.

R1: rFDynHUD told me that Norm had a drivethru for a jump start. but instead of carrying on (because he would of got the penalty anyway) he did the natural thing and almost stopped, to try to change the mind of the stubborn CPU stewards. That forced me to brake, and I was too eager on the throttle afterwards. Right front gone, limped back to the pits only to find my crew standing there gormlessly as if they didn't have a clue what was sitting in front of them. Race over.

R2: Got stuck behind the carnage at the start but I squeezed my way through. I then tried a move at Mirabeau on Leonard Mills but he saw it coming, well done. :)
Anyway, my pace just fell of a cliff and I was incurring suspension damage almost every lap, meaning that every couple of laps I was in the pits.
At the start of the last lap I whacked the tyre wall at Sainte Devote and lost my left front, but I drove the car 3-wheeled to the chequered flag to take 8th (out of 8).

The start of R2 reminds me of the chaos we had at the PCC race at the Nordschleife, but it's to be expected on a track this unforgiving.

and someone ignorantly smashed into the back of me - another round of applause please.
Thanks for the applause. It was me who hit you from behind. The start on my side was clean, and having committed to a start you cant just poodle along as that isnt fair on the guy behind.I started, got away ok and then you were almost stationary in front of me. I was doing about 60 and you had slowed to 25. As you are fully aware it is not possible to go from 60 - 0 in about 1 second. Perhaps you could watch the replay and tell me what you would have done in my position - bearing in mind the guy behind me was already up to 70mph - and maybe apologise for calling me ignorant.
I was surprised how close to the car in front these cars start.There is no margin for error and as we saw, 1 mistake almost certainly causes havoc.

All i'm saying is that with lots of smoke and spinning cars a bit of care from everyone, not just you, may be advisable.
In race one someone struggled to get off the line, and what I did was just slow down and hoped no one would crash into me rather than start swerving around causing more accidents.

Awful event to complete an awful week. R1 lost it by myself. Really sorry for the R2 start guys. Had to swerve to avoid Mark but hit Mateusz.

Really annoyed at the lack of respect for RD's rules tonight by alot of members. The chat was just stupid, RD's policy as many of you should know is no chat during qualifying or race sessions. Needless to say there will be warning PM's sent regarding this. My other gripe is that a number of people decided not to quickly escape after a retirement but instead sit there on the track, this is very unsportsmanlike and on Monaco in particular its just stupid. I would just like to reasure all that the two I saw will be investigated. Although probably not until the end of the week. Please report any instances of this guys as they will also be reviewed.

All I will say is, that was Monaco. Lot's of crazy stuff going on. But I do have to agree with Lee. The ESC button is there for a reason. Use it. And the chat. Well I can't say anything about it today because I turned my incar chat off. I knew it would be too distracting. But it seems to be a simple rule. NO CHAT IN QUALI AND RACE. You guys have to control yourselves.

Steve and I had a great battle in Race 2. Clean driving and so much fun it's crazy. And Martin, I make the smallest mistake at the end in Rascasse and you get by for 6th. Great racing, great pass.

See you all in OZ.

PS-The server is running.

Q1: Game crashed just before the start of the session so had to restart and got in with 7 minutes left. Managed to get it in P1 as the timer ran out but I was on a better lap. Noticed I dropped to third and pushed too hard and crashed at Rascasse, so P3.

R1: Good start as Mark seemed to miss the lights. Sat in behind Wayne only to notice my engine overheating on lap 1. That distracted me as I was flicking through the pit board to see what i had rad on and lost the rear end into turn 1 on lap 3. Hot the wall and lost the rear left wheel. Race Over.

Q2: Was on pole and then Wayne did a Senna like lap and took Pole from me as the last car over the line.

R2: Made a good start, saw a Tyrrell spinning behind so knew I had a bit of a gap behind. Settled in behind Wayne until he crashed out a couple of laps in. Inherited the lead but Chas was all over the back of me. I knew it was going to be hard for him to overtake so I didn't push too hard. He made a small mistake which allowed me to get a couple of seconds gap which I lost again after trying to avoid a backmarker at the exit of the swimming pool. Chas had a couple of looks past me but he couldn't pull alongside before eventually crashing at the final turn. I now I had a big lead back to 2nd so eased off a lot. Got caught up by the same back marker who was slow out of the final turn, moved to one side, so I thought he was letting me past but he moved back across. He then accelerated the length of the straight and tried letting me past at the narrowest point of the straight just before the braking zone which was scary. I kept it clean and then on the final lap met someone on 3 wheels that had very little control of the car. I got stuck behind him as I didn't want to risk overtaking him near the corners as he was all over the place. The gap behind reduced by nearly 4 seconds but I still managed to hang on and take the win.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

Steve and I had a great battle in Race 2. Clean driving and so much fun it's crazy. And Martin, I make the smallest mistake at the end in Rascasse and you get by for 6th. Great racing, great pass..
Yes it wasn't all bad. Apart from the obvious problems in qualifying - being overtaken at the pit lane exit as you are waiting for a car to go by wasn't ideal- there was a lot of courteous behaviour. Yes Scott you got me at a place I wasn't expecting -nice one- and I also had a good battle with Leonardo and a real wheel banger with ErikFinished 8th from 12th in r1 after a stop for a front wheel and retired from r2 with suspension damage while running 9th

Yes it wasn't all bad. Apart from the obvious problems in qualifying - being overtaken at the pit lane exit as you are waiting for a car to go by wasn't ideal- there was a lot of courteous behaviour. Yes Scott you got me at a place I wasn't expecting -nice one- and I also had a good battle with Leonardo and a real wheel banger with Erik. Finished 8th from 12th in r1 after a stop for a front wheel and retired from r2 with suspension damage while running 9th

Body to Body Contact

this race was fun to me.Some times i get lag on 2* left turn after the chicane,(normaly i crash when this happens)I got 1,16,082 on pratice.But on the Q1 i dont got any clean lap (too much cars) But its just no lucky.(and i pushed too much too).But still i got 5 place.
On the race i had good car, and i was just waiting the right moment to push,but wants needed to rush myself.

On Q2 i did 1,17,4xx ,but the game crashed again.When i came back i saw my name on 1* place, and i decided to get 1,15,xx ..but i just got heavy trafic ,and crashed sometimes.Butonthe END on the Q2 ,i saw the server giving to me a warning.."Mohan left the game"
..hummm???? and then was i little late to get a lap....and i got no timeeeeee... ahahahah
On the 2* race ,was hard to start..to many cars crashed on my front ,bloking ,and i saw some on runnig on wrong way ,and crashed others players...Lolll ... i thought "what..xxxxxx???" did i saw that??
well.. i finished on 5 place.... cool..

Nice race guys...

I didn't see anyone "chatting" during the race. Just a line or two of messages related to an appaling start which I think is understandable. No harm done... Well, I don't think so anyway.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back