rF2 F1 1979 @ Jacarepagua *Full Grand Prix* - Monday 18th December

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
when i checked tyre changes took 23 seconds, can run fuel for the whole race but its sloooooow, well, at least for my fuel gustling turbo. worth checking the pit entry anyway as it's a tight and fiddly one

Sorry for dropping - tried to restart rF2 so I could rejoin, but opencomposite didn't want to play ball for some reason and kept killing the sim.

Really struggled with the car - thought I could just jump on and drive like I did with the BMW last week, but boy was I wrong! :)

61 Laps, and look at the lead gap at the end!
1702937740015.png

61 Laps, and look at the lead gap at the end!
View attachment 714711
Awesome job Williams guys! And also Congrats to everybody who managed to finished this monster of a race.

I had some trouble getting started, leaving me pretty much only the qualification to get up to speed today. Q worked well, ending up in p2 just a smidge behind Dan.
But I knew my racepace wasn't as good as the Williams cars.

Start of the race went well. Tried to be a bit sweet on the tires whilst keeping Steve behind. Who good go much quicker but the v12 Alfa engine in the back of my Brabham kept me safe. Then my network connection decided to go to hell and screw up my race. Luckily the game allowed me to rejoin but I was 2 laps down.
I just tried to push as much as I could get back as many places as possible. Pacewise a p3 would be realistic, but in the end just happy to finish.

Thanks for organizing @Jimlaad43 !

Last edited:
i knew completing a 100% race was going to be tough, but after only being halfway into an hour driving on a circuit i just didn't enjoy i decided it was time to spend my time on something else. love the cars but driving mostly alone for basically 50 minutes didn't make much for an enjoyable experience :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.