F1 1974 liveries Formula Retro Gen 1

Skins F1 1974 liveries Formula Retro Gen 1 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi
thank you for your hard work :thumbsup:
say, is there a chance to have some "light" version, cause I feel (and maybe I'm not the only one) that we don't need all those liveries and drivers we didn't ever heard of
so maybe some 24-26 drivers with ONE skin (he used the most from '74 season)

I hope you don't mind me commenting on this and thank you in any case, I know how big job you did, on a research and making all those great liveries ;)
Hi,

Thanks for the message and I don't mind at all. It's always good to get some feedback! Yes, it was indeed a big job and I certainly enjoy working on it. And I will continue to make the remaining helmets and hopefully suits (if the template no longer has mirrored arms) to fully complete the package.

Indeed, when I started the project, the thought sometimes crossed my mind to only do the front runners and make a small package of liveries to fill only the available slots. If only for the amount of work and time involved ;) LOL

But it soon became clear to me that there is a lot prone to interpretation with the distribution. For example with the third and fourth livery slots for the Brabham. You only have Reutemann (7) and Watson (28) as regular participants. So it is already 'going wrong' because of the different drivers for number 8 and then multiple options / entries for the fourth slot. Which one should you make then? Carlos Pace was a driver for three teams and two manufacturers. Driver swaps didn't help either. The same goes for the Lotus 72E. Only two JSPs have driven every grand prix. Team Gunston were only present at 1 GP, but are standard in the game because of the four available slots.

And for example, I have loved Eppie Wietzes livery (Team Canada) for many years. Partly because I already 'knew' him and he was born in the city where I live, but I can well imagine that someone else has never heard of him. Fun fact: Did you know he was the driver of the first safety car used in F1? :)

To make a long story short..., it's because of that interpretation of which one should I make and why exactly that one and not the other one? I decided to go ahead and make all participants, so you can recreate a specific race (or championship) with only the drivers you want. Somewhat limited of the distribution options within the game of course. Just because I, you or someone else knows a driver (or not) makes it hard very to choose 'the right one' for everybody. You can now decide for yourself what your favorite is and they're all available. But you're free to only save the liveries and helmets of the liveries you want to use of course. Does this help you a bit?

Hi,

Thanks for the message and I don't mind at all. It's always good to get some feedback! Yes, it was indeed a big job and I certainly enjoy working on it. And I will continue to make the remaining helmets and hopefully suits (if the template no longer has mirrored arms) to fully complete the package.

Indeed, when I started the project, the thought sometimes crossed my mind to only do the front runners and make a small package of liveries to fill only the available slots. If only for the amount of work and time involved ;) LOL

But it soon became clear to me that there is a lot prone to interpretation with the distribution. For example with the third and fourth livery slots for the Brabham. You only have Reutemann (7) and Watson (28) as regular participants. So it is already 'going wrong' because of the different drivers for number 8 and then multiple options / entries for the fourth slot. Which one should you make then? Carlos Pace was a driver for three teams and two manufacturers. Driver swaps didn't help either. The same goes for the Lotus 72E. Only two JSPs have driven every grand prix. Team Gunston were only present at 1 GP, but are standard in the game because of the four available slots.

And for example, I have loved Eppie Wietzes livery (Team Canada) for many years. Partly because I already 'knew' him and he was born in the city where I live, but I can well imagine that someone else has never heard of him. Fun fact: Did you know he was the driver of the first safety car used in F1? :)

To make a long story short..., it's because of that interpretation of which one should I make and why exactly that one and not the other one? I decided to go ahead and make all participants, so you can recreate a specific race (or championship) with only the drivers you want. Somewhat limited of the distribution options within the game of course. Just because I, you or someone else knows a driver (or not) makes it hard very to choose 'the right one' for everybody. You can now decide for yourself what your favorite is and they're all available. But you're free to only save the liveries and helmets of the liveries you want to use of course. Does this help you a bit?
no problem mate
thank you for this (pretty detailed:D) answer
you're like me, in a way :)
whenever I some did some mod (or whatever, airplane paper model)
I always start with "I'll won't make it too complicated" but as time pass by...
I just couldn't force myself to leave it half-done. it always have to be perfect :D

thank you for all the time you've put into it
they truly are a work of art :thumbsup:

Last edited:
no problem mate
thank you for this (pretty detailed:D) answer
you're like me, in a way :)
whenever I some did some mod (or whatever, airplane paper model)
I always start with "I'll won't make it too complicated" but as time pass by...
I just couldn't force myself to leave it half-done. it always have to be perfect :D

thank you for all the time you've put into it
they truly are a work of art :thumbsup:
Thank you! Sounds familiar indeed. When I start something I have to do it to the best of my abilities. All liveries are fully made as vector files / illustrations. Can't stand pixelation to be honest. If I don't have a vector version of a logo I will make it from scratch. Because of my daily profession that's no problem at all, but it can be time consuming. No comprise to quality and fully future proof.

Great job! It's very immersive and funny!
Is it possible reduce slots of Brabham and Lotus 72e and increase slots of V12 and v8? I thought replace Team Finotto and Guston for Surtees, Ensign, Amon or Trojan, for example

Great job! It's very immersive and funny!
Is it possible reduce slots of Brabham and Lotus 72e and increase slots of V12 and v8? I thought replace Team Finotto and Guston for Surtees, Ensign, Amon or Trojan, for example
Thank you very much!

I like your idea, but sadly no, you can't. You can't change the available slots, just the skins for those slots. The cars ID's are fixed in game.

You can only use the skins for the specific car because they all have different templates. If you would load a Lotus skin on the V12 for example you wouldn't be happy ;) Months and a couple updates ago there was an extra V12 slot, but this was deleted for some reason.

Thank you very much!

I like your idea, but sadly no, you can't. You can't change the available slots, just the skins for those slots. The cars ID's are fixed in game.

You can only use the skins for the specific car because they all have different templates. If you would load a Lotus skin on the V12 for example you wouldn't be happy ;) Months and a couple updates ago there was an extra V12 slot, but this was deleted for some reason.
Yeah! I have tried a specific skin in other car type and it was awkward. So, that's why I thought to replace slots. But it's ok. The main cars are there. Thanks!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 52 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 84 58.7%