F-Retro Gen3 1983 Skinpack

Skins F-Retro Gen3 1983 Skinpack 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
You should have both folders already to get the 20 skins. If not, maybe you deleted one? Just copy all 4 folders from the zip file, you need all of them to get 24 skins.
yeah, I can confirm, everything is working fine and cars are looking great now :thumbsup:
I was just wondering what is that "TE" stands for.
after some thinking I figured it must be something with turbo cars :)
maybe TurboEdition or something...

thanks once again for these beauties from one great era of F1

20230312105526_1.jpg

this is what i mean my friend...

View attachment 646977

this is what i mean my friend...
I see what you mean, but in this case it's a combination of things:
1.) The limit of the available resolution as mentioned before. You only have 4K x 4K pixels. So for a car about 4m long, one pixel is 1 x 1 mm.
2.) That camera is far too close to the bodywork. All the cars in the game look crisp from a distance of 1 - 2 m onwards. This camera is only a few cm away. It's as if you go too close to the monitor, then you see the idividual pixels. You have the same issues when you zoom in too close in the showroom, that's why I asked.
3. Depending on the angle the line needs to be, you get more or less "steps". Horizontal, vertical or 45° lines look mutch better, with flat angles you'll always get steps.
4. Packing the files in the reqired DDS format does not help. I sometimes have a much better result in my photoshop files, compared to what I get when I compress it to DDS for the game.

I don't think there is much I can do, and you'll probably get the same effect if you try that camera with the games original skin...

I see the purpose of the skins more in getting a very good overal immersion in the game and recognizing your opponents on track. For me it's a deja-vu and the chance to race my childhood heros on track.

Cheers mate, keep racing!

I see what you mean, but in this case it's a combination of things:
1.) The limit of the available resolution as mentioned before. You only have 4K x 4K pixels. So for a car about 4m long, one pixel is 1 x 1 mm.
2.) That camera is far too close to the bodywork. All the cars in the game look crisp from a distance of 1 - 2 m onwards. This camera is only a few cm away. It's as if you go too close to the monitor, then you see the idividual pixels. You have the same issues when you zoom in too close in the showroom, that's why I asked.
3. Depending on the angle the line needs to be, you get more or less "steps". Horizontal, vertical or 45° lines look mutch better, with flat angles you'll always get steps.
4. Packing the files in the reqired DDS format does not help. I sometimes have a much better result in my photoshop files, compared to what I get when I compress it to DDS for the game.

I don't think there is much I can do, and you'll probably get the same effect if you try that camera with the games original skin...

I see the purpose of the skins more in getting a very good overal immersion in the game and recognizing your opponents on track. For me it's a deja-vu and the chance to race my childhood heros on track.

Cheers mate, keep racing!
mmm I see... whatever it's a wonderfull mod anyway.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.