F-Retro Gen3 1983 Skinpack

Skins F-Retro Gen3 1983 Skinpack 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
JoL_Ecodrom submitted a new resource:

F-Retro Gen3 1983 Skinpack - AMS2 1983 Season pack for F-Retro Gen3 with skins and AI-file

This Skinpack was made by members of TAMS2SP - The AMS2 Skinning Project.

It includes 22 liveries and a coresponding AI-file to replicate the 1983 season:

Williams #1 Rosberg & #2 Laffite (by JoL)
Tyrrell #3 Alboreto & #4 Sullivan (by JoL)
McLaren #7 Watson & #8 Lauda (by Wolf)
ATS #9 Winkelhock (by JoL)
Lotus #11 de Angelis & #12 Mansell (by Wolf)
Renault #15 Prost & #16 Cheever (by JoL)
Alfa Romeo #22 de Cesaris & #23 Baldi (by ianez)
Ligier #25 Jarier & #26 Boesel (by Alain Fry)
Ferrari...

Read more about this resource...

For some reasons I don't know, the game ignores the AI-file when skipping a training/qualifying session and tends to put the naturally aspired cars in the front rows with laptimes they do not achieve when racing on track.
So, if you want a lineup close to results of 83, do not skip qualifying but wait until session is over.

im having trouble installing it, any help or a link to a tutorial would be greaatly appreciated, thanks guys
just move the folder in the zip into the steam\common\ folder
if you aware of Windows folder structures it should be no problem, but handling folders inside Windows is presumed. The artist making skins cannot give Windows coarses.

Did reize change something recently? because in the mod there is fomula retro g3 folder, then formula g3_te folder and mclaren mp4 folder. I dont have the formula g3
_te folder in the game. Did reiza remove the vehicle or how to properly install this? thanks

Did reize change something recently? because in the mod there is fomula retro g3 folder, then formula g3_te folder and mclaren mp4 folder. I dont have the formula g3
_te folder in the game. Did reiza remove the vehicle or how to properly install this? thanks
I have checked on my PC and it still works fine for me, running on the latest version of the game (1.3.5.2). The folder structure and names are still the same as in the mod. If you dont have the formula_retro_g3_te subfolder, just copy the folder from the mod and it should work.

JoL_Ecodrom updated F-Retro Gen3 1983 Skinpack with a new update entry:

F-Retro Gen3 1983 Skinpack & Helmets

The 1983 Season for F-Retro Gen3 is now complete!
The Skinpack now includes 24 skins and matching helmets.
View attachment 643562
As we now have the amazing championship winning Brabham BT52 BMW, I made two optional skins to choose: The early season BT52 (more white) and the late season BT52b (more blue). Oh, and the BT52 now has proper radiators... ;)
View attachment 643566
View attachment 643567
As with the Gen3 and Gen3T, the optional skins are in a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hi, thank you for this
may I ask what is a difference between formula_retro_g3_te and formula_retro_g3 folders
cause I think I have this mod already in later folder, without "te"

hi, thank you for this
may I ask what is a difference between formula_retro_g3_te and formula_retro_g3 folders
cause I think I have this mod already in later folder, without "te"
Hello, the formula_retro_g3_te folder contains the 10 turbocharged cars, the formula_retro_g3 are the 10 cars with the normally aspirated V8. Both shapes are very similar, both based on the Arrows A6 and represent the two engine specs used in 1983. Only the Brabham and McLaren have individual shapes. You may already have most of the skins from my previous version, but the folders now include the matching helmets, visors and updated xml-files. So you can just overwrite the existing files

Also, F1-1985 mod use same cars
so guess it's question for everyone - which era you like more :)
The retro gen3 uses 1983 shapes (Arrows, McLaren and Brabham). I like the 1985 set too and I’m currently working on some 1984 skins. You should be able to keep both sets on the PC and just have to swap the xml files, depending on what season you want to use

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.