Export to directx error and 3ds max question

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by delu77, Apr 6, 2009.

1. delu77

delu77

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mates,
    sorry I haven't here my track but is there a well-known method to export to directx?
    I have a track divided in 2 materials and the terrain is splitted in about 20 parts.
    have I to merge the terrain before exporting?
    I have an error during exporting...

And, little bit O.T.....where I can find a directx importer for 3ds max 9 (2008)?

Thanks a lot,
    Andrea

2. Lamda

Lamda

Ratings:
    +4
    hello,

maybe i can help, plankgas had a similar problem, maybe the same as you

I know only one X file importer (Xporter), but we work with 3dsmax2008 and it works only sometimes . I can send to you per email, but maybe it dosn´t works.
    The original link is death (http://mofo.pns.to/wibs/#5)

Lamda

3. delu77

delu77

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Lamda. Which is Plankglass error?
    Now I have Xporter (http://www.kwxport.org/), and this evening I will try to import my track (else if I guess which is BTB export error).
    There are no problem if the importing process will import only meshes, cause I have to remap all the textures in only one file....

Hope it works mate!!!
    Keep in touch!
    Thanks a lot,
    Andrea

4. Lamda

Lamda

Ratings:
    +4
    ahhh, ok i misunderstand. you not export from 3dsmax. I remember me, that export from btb endet in hung up of it. We don´t use the direct way with direct X form. We export it first to 3DsimED and than to 3dsmax. 3dsimed have a big mistake, it can handle only 8.3 data names. it is longer it saves with some cryptic numerary. 3dsmax can not find it.

You will create a track in the original form of RBR ? If you have questions ask, we test a half year btb, 3dsmax and the exports. I think we know all to do that (and we do that). If you have some questions to 3dsmax, for example creating objects, retexturing or so on, i´m the right man for that.

for export we use Panda, kw export is often crash during export. Panda makes no problem and is actual supported.

Lamda

5. delu77

delu77

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, my idea is to pass the project from btb to 3dsmax, then to wallaby and use as original rbr format.
    I have tested some months ago the exporting from btb to rf, loading the track with 3dsimed and exporting as 3ds.
    It should be tricky, but no problems cause I have to remap all the textures.
    My only worry is about exporting from BTB the objects.....will 3ds max import them? I have a guide on how to import track and terrain and join the meshes, but what about walls, objects and sobjects?
    This evening I will know the answer! :sidefrown:

Keep in touch mate and thanks a lot for your help, it will be surely used! :smile-big:

6. delu77

delu77

Ratings:
    +0
    A little OT but LAMDA...you are the genious from German Garage!!
    A big surprise for me, hope we can work together for both my projects (check my signature)
    Thanks mate!