AC Exos S1 @ Silverstone GP - Sun 27.07.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Could never make out why there is always a crash on the 1st/2nd bends at the start.??.........until now.!! :whistling:
So sorry for messing up your race @Liviu Tiron :notworthy: Locked my brakes and tapped your back wheel, causing us to spin, and for @Edwin Collingridge to have nowhere to go.:(.... sorry Edwin.
Would love to come up with an excuse...........but I can't.!!(apart from being a muppet.!)

Could never make out why there is always a crash on the 1st/2nd bends at the start.??.........until now.!! :whistling:
So sorry for messing up your race @Liviu Tiron :notworthy: Locked my brakes and tapped your back wheel, causing us to spin, and for @Edwin Collingridge to have nowhere to go.:(.... sorry Edwin.
Would love to come up with an excuse...........but I can't.!!(apart from being a muppet.!)
No worries mate. These cars are quite a handful I did at one stage think about not doing this race. Got enough practice in to give it a go. Slipped up a lot less than I expected and got my fastest time so for me it was an improvement, despite finishing where I started and last man standing, I did even hold on to 8th for a bit and had managed to keep close to Georg for a little while too.

I did not expect to qualify so high. After setting on pole temporary I decided I could not be any faster and focused on setup the car for race. One key aspect that is different from qual to race is that you should raise the car height enough to be able to touch the kerbs without disrupting the car. I saw a couple of cars spun by hitting the kerbs on the race.

I had a very good start, but the car in front of me did not. I could have move to the left and try to pass him, but it would be too risky, so I decided to back off, but then I was passed by three cars and was already in 6th place. On the next corners I was able to recover one position and then one more on the second straight of the track. The first lap was very intense and I was very worry people would be over aggressive on it, so I play defensively. By the next laps I gain another position and was close to the leaders, which where fighting for position pretty hard. There were two moments when I was close enough to try to pass, but still was too early on the race and the car was still too heavy for me. At one point we were three wide heading to Stowe. I was on the inside so it was very risky and decided to backoff and prepare the car for the next turns. Then at the front straight one car spun and took the other one out. After that moment I took the lead and was able to drive very consistent with no mistakes up to the end of the race. I had some hairy moments with some lapped cars but could resolve them.

Some advice from me if you want to take them.
  • Go for a setup that is stable and predictable. Even if it is slow, you will keep it on track and will learn from it. Is the only way to gain experience.
  • Practice with half fuel of the full race length, or even more. The car is very very different. Also practice with the medium tires.
  • Don't try to win on the first lap. If you see a clear oportunity to pass, go for it. It is kind more important to no jeorpardize your position and drive defensively.
These cars are bullets with wheels. Very hard to drive and almost all the time on the edge of its limits. Still very fun.

Thanks all for the race, the server as always very good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back